Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Using Iron Man villain Ghost seems like a random choice at first but then I thought about it and realized it could open some interesting storylines. Ghost is a anticapitalist hacker/corporate saboteur type and could of hero worshipped Lang because he robin hooded his former corrupt corporate bosses.

Ghost could take it too far and try to destroy major corporate and finical institutions which brings her into conflict with Ant-Man and Wasp. I guess the FBI come into it as Ghost is on their radar.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    The way it sounds whoever the villain is I think Walton Goggins is playing him. Egghead maybe?
    Goggins is playing Sonny Burch, the chairman of Cross Technologies

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Sonny_Burch_(Earth-616)
    Last edited by chamber-music; 07-23-2017 at 02:26 AM.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Nice casting! I'm starting to think Marvel Studios is keen on creating a retro era of Proto-Avengers to utilize somewhere between this and Captain Marvel.

Ghost would make a good villain! I'm assuming this film is going to have to deal with some fallout of the first Infinity War film from Scott, Hank and Hope's perspective, just like Spidey's second film with with the second Infinity War flick.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I hope they do something interesting with Goggins as Burch and he isn't just another Marvel eccentric evil corporate type. I think Burch could easily fall into the trap of being a Justin Hammer clone.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    I hope they do something interesting with Goggins as Burch and he isn't just another Marvel eccentric evil corporate type. I think Burch could easily fall into the trap of being a Justin Hammer clone.
    Well justin hammer was great so hope so.

Pfeiiffer? Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess this means we won't see Perry White in future DCEU movies .
    Well, DC/WB are planning a Man Of Steel 2, so who knows?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Yeah there's been a number of those lately, and if Norman Osborn ever shows his face it'll be yet another. I think it would have been interesting if Ant Man and Wasp had brought back AIM as an organisation, given how criminally underused it ended up being in Iron Man 3, led by Monica Rappaccini and with George Tarleton as her colleague and test subject (leading him to become MODOK in a future film). Using Monica at least would grant Marvel another great female super villain with a connection to Hank in the comics. AIM could be trying to take advantage of the fallout from the first Infinity War film too.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Yeah there's been a number of those lately, and if Norman Osborn ever shows his face it'll be yet another. I think it would have been interesting if Ant Man and Wasp had brought back AIM as an organisation, given how criminally underused it ended up being in Iron Man 3, led by Monica Rappaccini and with George Tarleton as her colleague and test subject (leading him to become MODOK in a future film). Using Monica at least would grant Marvel another great female super villain with a connection to Hank in the comics. AIM could be trying to take advantage of the fallout from the first Infinity War film too.
    I'm hoping aim has a presence in black panther

Mighty Member

Yup i agree Michelle is great casting for Janet and she is one of my boyhood crushes Michelle is! Catwoman is perfect

Have Pfeiffer and Douglas ever worked before? I'd be surprised if they didn't.

I wonder if this means we'll get a giant laurence fishburne?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Well Pfeiffer almost played the lead in Basic Instinct, so they were close...

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post

I wonder if this means we'll get a giant laurence fishburne?
    I think most likely hes a friend of Pyms(frieldly rival probaly with lots of bickering) who between movies helped teach Scott how to go giant. I hope we get a full blown black Goliath but probaly he just helps scott as another mentor/father figure. Maybe they will intro his nephew and he will become Black Goliath. He will still need a helmet. Too hard to make CGI human skin look good. Thats the real reason we got powerranger ant-man. But it works so im not complaining

Also agree with the poster who said Justin Hammer was great. But then again i love sam rockwell. I thought happy and justin hammer were both great additions in that movie. Its was whiplash that made that sequel a mess for me. I was so disappointed Hammer didnt become a mainstay. I mean his complany was in Luke Cage but as far as i know hes in prison. Maybe Hammer and Redskull will come back together at one point. Along with Vulture they are the villians i want to see alot more of.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 07-26-2017 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    I prefer that Catherine Zeta Jones play Janet van Dyne
    I do, too, but I'm definitely not complaining about having more Michelle Pfeiffer in my life.

Anyway, I'd have preferred that Fishburne play Adam Brashear than Bill Foster, but hey, Marvel mixing/matching/revising/reformatting isn't unheard of (i.e. the aforementioned Darren Cross & Yellowjacket).

My only real hope is that Ant-Man and Wasp don't fight a villain with size-changing powers again. The best villains of the MCU had powers that did NOT copy our heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I do, too, but I'm definitely not complaining about having more Michelle Pfeiffer in my life.

Anyway, I'd have preferred that Fishburne play Adam Brashear than Bill Foster, but hey, Marvel mixing/matching/revising/reformatting isn't unheard of (i.e. the aforementioned Darren Cross & Yellowjacket).

My only real hope is that Ant-Man and Wasp don't fight a villain with size-changing powers again. The best villains of the MCU had powers that did NOT copy our heroes.
    If they play off Bill Foster having been Goliath and being an former colleague of Hank's Hank might contact him if he has perfected enlarging to help get Janet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    I prefer that Catherine Zeta Jones play Janet van Dyne
    That's icky enough to have to think about in real life