Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

So this is the cover to Action #987, part 1 of the Oz Effect.

545106._SX176_QL80_TTD_.jpg

I'm thinking that this inadvertently revealed Oz's identity. What if BleedingCool got it right, and Oz is actually a pre-Criris character trying to piece together Superman's various timelines, but isn't Jor-El> What if he's pre-Criris Lex Luthor?

If that would be the case, I would get serious Secret Wars vibes from The Oz Effect, and Doomsday Clock, because at the end of the day that story was about Reed and Dr. Doom's struggle and their role in MArvel's entire history, serving as fitting ends for both characters. If the entirety of this Rebirth/Watchmen story all along was about the decades long battle between Superman, the first hero, and Lex Luthor, his ultimate enemy, we could be in for something truly special.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by silverlantern View Post
    So this is the cover to Action #987, part 1 of the Oz Effect.

545106._SX176_QL80_TTD_.jpg

I'm thinking that this inadvertently revealed Oz's identity. What if BleedingCool got it right, and Oz is actually a pre-Criris character trying to piece together Superman's various timelines, but isn't Jor-El> What if he's pre-Criris Lex Luthor?

If that would be the case, I would get serious Secret Wars vibes from The Oz Effect, and Doomsday Clock, because at the end of the day that story was about Reed and Dr. Doom's struggle and their role in MArvel's entire history, serving as fitting ends for both characters. If the entirety of this Rebirth/Watchmen story all along was about the decades long battle between Superman, the first hero, and Lex Luthor, his ultimate enemy, we could be in for something truly special.
    Any chance of providing that link or a larger photo to check out?

Quote Originally Posted by MDR123 View Post
    Any chance of providing that link or a larger photo to check out?
    Yeah, here's the link with the full-size image, it was apparently too big to embed directly. Apologies.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon...._QL80_TTD_.jpg

Amazing Member

yeah, here's the link with the full-size image, it was apparently too big to embed directly. Apologies.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon...._ql80_ttd_.jpg

thank you!!!

BANNED

could it be the alternate dimension dead zod resurrected due to the shenanigans of a eradicator who couldnt let a kryptonian die and used the house of els DNA in restoring him reviving him as someone sharing same body set or hell the same body as jor el and somehow due to trauma of dying and being revived he forgets his death and his life as zod but believes himself to be jor el and considers clark as his son due to false memories implanted by the eradicator who doesn't want the krypyonians killing each other. whole convoluted storyline could he made out if this scenario having superman confront him and hoping he has returned but knowing it just isn't true and both finding ultimately who he is and he swearing to kill this plane also and having superman face again the same dilemma he faced the last time. what choice would he make this time?

It also has to be someone who taught Clark how to pick himself back up. Unless that part of N52 has been wiped out. But I assumed the Oz stuff was kept.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Bite Your Head Off, Man Deathscythe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    could it be the alternate dimension dead zod resurrected due to the shenanigans of a eradicator who couldnt let a kryptonian die and used the house of els DNA in restoring him reviving him as someone sharing same body set or hell the same body as jor el and somehow due to trauma of dying and being revived he forgets his death and his life as zod but believes himself to be jor el and considers clark as his son due to false memories implanted by the eradicator who doesn't want the krypyonians killing each other. whole convoluted storyline could he made out if this scenario having superman confront him and hoping he has returned but knowing it just isn't true and both finding ultimately who he is and he swearing to kill this plane also and having superman face again the same dilemma he faced the last time. what choice would he make this time?
    Periods and paragraph breaks are your friends. I also think the idea of an alternate villain being resurrected by another villain is a little too contrived. You could be right, though, just sayin.'

Yeah, here's the link with the full-size image, it was apparently too big to embed directly. Apologies.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon...._QL80_TTD_.jpg
    Man, I don't know...is that a bald head OR a head covering like the ones worn by the Byrne Kryptonian males? Or just a head covering?

Now that we've had glowing red eyes (mad when Mxy escaped), and knowing for a fact that Oz has extensive knowledge on the workings of Kryptonian tech (the battle suit), I'm certain now he's Kryptonian. So BC is probably right, though there's still also the chance for a future Jon or alternate Kal-El.

Had a thought last night about his ultimate identity and posted it in another thread, here's an unabashed cut/paste job:

You know, seeing as Oz is bald, I wonder if BC is close but not quite right on the money. What if he's post-Crisis Jor-El, instead of the pre-Crisis version? Because wasn't that version actually bald underneath the head portion of the body suit? I'm pretty sure at the very least Lara was shown to be bald underneath her headdress. Furthermore that Jor-El also fits much much more with the stoic and emotionless personality Oz has.

Instead of using a pre-Crisis Jor-El as meta for trying to fix things the loss of the multiverse broke, could they be opting to using the Jor-El from the desolate Byrne version of Krypton to instead make the opposite meta observation in that Oz represents something broken, and something he wants back that actually should not be?
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-26-2017 at 01:17 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

A poster on Reddit also suggests that the bald head could indicate, the "original" Superman, as in the original concept for Superman as devised by Schuster and Siegel before the character appeared in the pages of Action Comics #1. (Telepath, warlord, evil.)

reign_of_the_superman.jpg

This would also be an unexpected and exciting possibility.

A poster on Reddit also suggests that the bald head could indicate, the "original" Superman, as in the original concept for Superman as devised by Schuster and Siegel before the character appeared in the pages of Action Comics #1. (Telepath, warlord, evil.)

Or the Tangent character based on The Super-Man, The Superman. He was also created by Dan Jurgens...hmm.

Still not a guy whose revelation would "rock Superman to his core."

I think it's Future Jon at this point.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Oooooo, that is simply too great an idea for it not be, at the very least, a strong possibility. It's the kind of reveal that is right up Johns's alley.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Default Poll: Place your final bets, who is OZ? *potential spoilers*

The final reveal is coming within the next couple weeks. I hope the reveal will be worth the wait. Frankly, I just want to know who he is so he can stop being blandly mysterious and start actually doing stuff for reasons we can understand, rather than show up to be cryptic.

Grasping at straws.....

If not Jor-El but maybe it's his ancestor Van-L.

Who would know the inner workings of a kryptonian battlesuit better than someone that was actually inside one for over a hundred years.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

He's Jor-El cuz I read it on BC.