Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Anyone hear the news about Captain Marvel?

Apparently it's going to be set in the 90s, with a younger two-eyed Nick Fury and the Skrulls as villains.

I don't know how they can get away with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    I don't know how they can get away with that.
    I'm thinking that she becomes Captain Marvel in secret, fights some cosmic threat from the Skrulls (maybe here in some remote area or maybe on another planet entirely) and then spends the time between her movie and Avengers 4 out there in space fighting the Kree or the Skrulls or something, before showing up to fight Thanos.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
    I'm thinking that she becomes Captain Marvel in secret, fights some cosmic threat from the Skrulls (maybe here in some remote area or maybe on another planet entirely) and then spends the time between her movie and Avengers 4 out there in space fighting the Kree or the Skrulls or something, before showing up to fight Thanos.
    Basically, holding down the fort alone. Not a big deal.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I really don't like the sound of this. I despise the set in the past thing in the X-Men movies and this sounds way to much like that. It is different with things like Captain America and Wonder Woman since they were way in the past.

No I mean the skrulls are owned by fox. That's why avenger called them the chitari.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    No I mean the skrulls are owned by fox. That's why avenger called them the chitari.
    Not quite. The Skrulls are jointly owned, like Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. Fox only has exclusive rights to the Superskrull and other named Skrulls.

Only news I heard was that they're revamping her origin, supposedly because its too similar to Green Lantern's.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Only news I heard was that they're revamping her origin, supposedly because its too similar to Green Lantern's.
    If any character has an origin similar to Green Lantern, it is Nova. So imagine the trouble they'll have once it comes time to do Richard Rider or even Sam Alexander.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/78229

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/07/...aptain-marvel/

Astonishing Member

Happy that it has the Skrulls. Not happy it's set in the 90's.

Before I knew it was going to be set in the 90's I thought the Skrulls would be impersonating a lot of the Marvel heroes, thereby giving us tons of cameos like the Avengers. Still hope it has cameos, even if it's Skrulls doing the impersonating.

Did you quote me by mistake? That first link should have been in your OP, the second I'm gleamed from the other posters. Thanks though (I think).

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    If any character has an origin similar to Green Lantern, it is Nova. So imagine the trouble they'll have once it comes time to do Richard Rider or even Sam Alexander.
    Agreed, but...the screenwriter Nicole Perlman seems to think otherwise.

Astonishing Member

Did you quote me by mistake? That first link should have been in your OP, the second I'm gleamed from the other posters. Thanks though (I think).

Agreed, but...the screenwriter Nicole Perlman seems to think otherwise.
    I wonder where she got that impression? In the comics he isn’t a dying alien who comes/crashes on earth and bequeathes his power to a human. He was already working at the military base as a scientist where Danvers is stationed as security chief. Its during one of his adventures where she gets caught in the explosion of a Kree device that melds her DNA with his.

Unless they want to streamline it somehow? But yeah, Nova is pretty much a play-by-play of Green Lanterns. Something drastic will have to happen there if they wish to avoid drawing the same comparisons.

Quote Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
    Apparently it's going to be set in the 90s, with a younger two-eyed Nick Fury and the Skrulls as villains.
    I wonder if we'll get a young Agent Coulson cameo. Clark Gregg with bangs.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    We have already seen what the MCU Nova Corps is like. I don't think they are planning to ever do Richard Rider or Sam Alexander in any way that even vaguely resembles the comics.