Default DCEU Diana and Flashpoint

So we know that the flash movie will draw some inspiration from Flashpoint.

Do you guys want to see an alternate bloodthirsty, bitchy WonderGal on the screen? I know that the final result will likely be very different or toned down but still.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

It would give her (and Mamoa) the chance to show some range as villainous counterparts to their main selves.

The DCEU has done very well by Diana so far, so I don't mind them branching out with an evil alternate reality version.

I would like to see her but atm it seems too early to make her an alternate timeline villain. I have a feeling though Flashpoint will be Flashpoint in name and nothing more.

Incredible Member

Since it's meant to be Flash's solo film, I don't think we'll see alternate versions of the other Justice League members in any major capacity.

Maybe there will be a mention about tensions between Themyscira and Atlantis. Or maybe they'll televise the political marriage of Mera and Diana. With only 2.5 hours of screen time, I think the Flash will be the focus and any other appearances will be limited to cameos.
    Last edited by Agent 86; 07-23-2017 at 05:09 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Or maybe they'll televise the political marriage of Mera and Diana...
    O.O Ok, I'm sold! When's the Flash movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Since it's meant to be Flash's solo film, I don't think we'll see alternate versions of the other Justice League members in any major capacity.

Maybe there will be a mention about tensions between Themyscira and Atlantis. Or maybe they'll televise the political marriage of Mera and Diana. With only 2.5 hours of screen time, I think the Flash will be the focus and any other appearances will be limited to cameos.
    Agreed. I think that by the end of the film the entire universe will end up being "Flashpointed" to be more in line with the tone of Wonder Woman. It's one way they can thoroughly change the criticisms of the Snyderverse.

Retired

I've come to think of the Flash movie as a DC variation on Zeno's paradox--where Achilles will never catch up to a tortoise in a race. We will never get there, we'll always be approaching the possibility of a Flash movie--until Ezra Miller is no longer young enough to play the part.

It's more of an aspirational target. They put Flashpoint out there to give the illusion that this is where the DC movies could be headed. But I don't think it's ever going to happen--not that way. To do a really good Flashpoint, it would have to almost be a multi-part Justice League movie over the whole extended universe. It can't be the same as the TV "Flashpoint"--otherwise what would be the point--that was a real let-down, limited to just the Flash cast and given a very small window.

So a movie Flashpoint has to be big and all-encompassing. You have to have stories about Batman, Flash, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Superman, Cyborg (being they already exist in the movies), plus hopefully other heroes. But why do that, when we've been barely introduced to most of the characters in this universe? And where are they going to get the money to pay for such a big production?

The only way I see Flashpoint affecting Wonder Woman is if it brings Steve Trevor to the present, alive and well.

I'd be very surprised if they took a more faithful approach (though Jeffrey Dean Morgan who played Thomas Wayne in Batman v Superman definitely seems enthusiastic on social media for obvious reasons )

Actors are generally hired for multi picture deals. Gal was signed for a 3 picture deal (S vs B, WW, & Justice League). Given the success of WW, I don't know that they would waste her on a Flashpoint appearance that didn't have some substance.

Incredible Member

So, rumours have picked up today that Wonder Woman WILL appear in the solo Flash movie "Flashpoint".

I'm a little surprised, but after the success of Wonder Woman (especially in terms of positive reviews in comparison to the mixed reviews for the other DCEU entries), I can understand why they would want to include Wonder Woman. It's almost like she's poised to become the Iron Man of the DCEU (i.e. appearing in the films of other heroes to increase audience interest and profits).

If Wonder Woman does appear in Flashpoint, how does everyone think the alternate Diana will be involved? I know they explained away the vast differences between the normal universe and Flashpoint as being due to a "Time Boom" which affected events before and after, and wholly unrelated to, the death of Flash's mother. But, I'm not sure the general movie going audience will buy into such a premise, especially as this is the Flash's first solo movie and they'll only have knowledge about the Flash and his powers based on his appearance in Justice League (and possibly the Flash TV series, JLA, JLU, comic books, etc).

I'm guessing Wonder Woman will have still defeated Ares and allowed the armistice to proceed. Maybe this Wonder Woman then returned to Themyscira, although it would make her appearance in Flashpoint's reality even odder. Or maybe she adopted a role as a public hero, was the figurehead of the allies during WW2, but then became incredibly disillusioned and withdrew from society? Or maybe she holds herself out as some kind of goddess and resides on a huge estate named Olympus where she accepts petitions from people / countries seeking help, but doesn't listen or grant all of them?

In Flashpoint, the Flash had to team with Batman to save the day. Perhaps they'll use Wonder Woman in place of Batman?