Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Supergirl in the DCEU? (Spoilers)

You know the more I rewatch the JL trailer and pause it at 1:42, the more I am convinced that the hologram Bruce was looking at is Supergirl. Those limbs are definitely not Henry Cavill's, and the stripes (?) in the suit does not resemble anything Superman has ever worn before. What is the possibility that Snyder casted Supergirl and kept it secret?

I don't agree with that idea 100%, but I do think it would be an amazing fakeout on DCs part. I mean we've seen them showing Superman in promo art and have had Cavill hanging around and posting on social media, so if they did that it'd be quite the surprise.

However those same things that would make for the twist also are my reasons it probably won't happen.
    Last edited by sifighter; 07-23-2017 at 04:54 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

That being Supergirl is just as stupid of a theory to me as Alfred talking to Green Lantern is at the end.

Seriously, since when did 2+2 = 3913.43?

Fantastic Member Potanical Pardon's Avatar

I doubt it, though Kara does exist in the DCEU. Snyder did intentionally have Superman find that open and empty pod in the ship that the MoS prequel comic fleshed out as being DCEU Supergirl.

But apparently Steppenwolf says there's "No Kryptonians" so I dunno.

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ekrolo2 View Post
    That being Supergirl is just as stupid of a theory to me as Alfred talking to Green Lantern is at the end.

Considering there is a red cape or red shoulder in the bottom corner of the scene with Alfred...

BANNED

If I were to explain to you what is stupid, I would immediately get banned.
    Last edited by dianafan1985; 07-23-2017 at 07:37 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Potanical Pardon View Post
    I doubt it, though Kara does exist in the DCEU. Snyder did intentionally have Superman find that open and empty pod in the ship that the MoS prequel comic fleshed out as being DCEU Supergirl.

But apparently Steppenwolf says there's "No Kryptonians" so I dunno.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    Considering there is a red cape or red shoulder in the bottom corner of the scene with Alfred...
    But of course 2+2 is 3913.43.

In any event, it would be interesting if the hologram turned out to be Kara, and they were able to conceal the actress who played Kara (even if it is just for the hologram) all this time.

A few months ago, Snyder debunked this rumour so this is really wishful thinking.

Kara appearing in Justice League more than as a cameo is unlikely. As much as I like Kara, I don't want her in JL.

BANNED

I really want New 52 Supergirl and not any of the other versions.

If it's Kara it would be really disrespectful to the TV series more than what is happening to Flash

I think if Supergirl was showing up we would have heard some rumblings about it by now.

Retired

It was a hologram, so I don't understand how that proves Supergirl exists now. The holograms are pre-recorded messages from Krypton--so all Bruce would know is that this person existed in the past. It doesn't prove they exist now--it seems to point toward them being dead, in fact.

I think it's a pre-recorded message from Superman, which is a way to put Henry Cavill in the first part of the movie without yet showing him come back from the dead. They could also use that for a trailer, without spoiling any reveal in the second half of the movie. But even if it were somone else, I don't get why it's such a big deal.

I'm much more concerned for Hippolyta against Steppenwolf and Alfred against the Superman wannabe. I mean, it could be Superman come back to life, but not as a beacon of hope, or it could be a false Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by dianafan1985 View Post
    If I were to explain to you what is stupid, I would immediately get banned.
    The Supergirl theory is moronic because the entire premise of the movie is the League banding together to protect a world without Superman and what Superman meant as a defense of the planet and as a symbol. It makes absolutely no sense to emphasize this and then not have Superman himself be in it when the movie is already implying the League can't win without him and they'll probably show the vice versa of that too.

There's also the fact Supergirl would've been rumbled about by now, literally all of these movies get a spoiler of a character like this nowadays from Ares design to Doomsday to most recently Surtur.

I think Supergirl won't show up in person, but I think that's her in the hologram. Like maybe they find records somewhere that Kal-Els cousin was sent with him, but got lost. Setting up MOS2 where Clark goes looking for his last living blood relative.

BANNED

The Supergirl theory is moronic because the entire premise of the movie is the League banding together to protect a world without Superman and what Superman meant as a defense of the planet and as a symbol. It makes absolutely no sense to emphasize this and then not have Superman himself be in it when the movie is already implying the League can't win without him and they'll probably show the vice versa of that too.

There's also the fact Supergirl would've been rumbled about by now, literally all of these movies get a spoiler of a character like this nowadays from Ares design to Doomsday to most recently Surtur.
    It is not moronic, and one doesn't even have to dig too deeply to understand why it is not moronic to ponder a bit if it could be Supergirl. As stated here http://www.cbr.com/justice-league-trailer-supergirl/, and elsewhere, the hologram does not match Henry Cavill's physical characteristics (from behind) and the stripes of the costume (if they are stripes) do not match the costume of Superman in either of the two movies in which he has been featured.

And of course, there is that open pod from Man Of Steel; it is not moronic to suspect that it could belong to Supergirl. How the writers intend to develop or introduce the character to the audience is a completely different story. The hologram could easily pave the way for Kara to be featured in the next DCEU film; and Detective Gordon's question "How many of you are out there?" to which Batman responded "not enough" could certainly indicate that there are more heroes out there which have not yet been established in the DCEU.

Haha, I nearly forgot how anonymity on the internet can so easily allow rudeness and inappropriate social behaviour. Very amusing.
    Last edited by dianafan1985; 07-23-2017 at 11:38 AM.