Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Ever heard of a novel called Last Days of Krypton?

It appears to star Superman's family and also features General Zod.

Edit: Ignore the typo, it's not an alternate universe version of Krypton.
    Last edited by ImprobableQuestion; 07-11-2014 at 04:45 PM.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Yup. Sitting on the shelf behind me. Sadly I haven't gotten to read it yet, keep forgetting about it. But I have it. So I will read it one day....surely.

And no it's not an alternate universe story, just set prior to Krypton's destruction which is where we usually get stories concerning Krypton.

BANNED

That was just a joke about me spelling Krypton wrong.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    It appears to star Superman's family and also features General Zod.

Edit: Ignore the typo, it's not an alternate universe version of Krypton.
    I own it, I never read it though. Was just forced to read a book at a time I didn't care too and picked it up.

Astonishing Member

Read it. Not bad for a stand alone story. Wasn't really set in any Superman history I'm familiar with, but it had little nods in there to different concepts (Zod, Argo City/Zor-El, J'onn J'onzz) that were fleshed out in new ways.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Read it, own it. Solid story, though too many false climaxes (there are like 3 different things that seem like they could spell the end of Krypton), and the prose is rather workmanlike.
    Buh-bye

It was good. Enjoyed his 1950's Superman/Batman novel more - "Enemies & Allies"

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I own it, thought it was a cool story. Not very well written, like Dispenser said, but a fun story.

I rather enjoyed it. I agree that there are too many fake-outs in regards to how Krypton will be destroyed, and I didn't enjoy including the Martians, but overall it's a well-crafted look at Jor-El, the Council, Brainiac and the influence of capturing Kandor, and the rise and fall of Zod.

I thought is was great. As important as the story of the destruction of Krypton is, it usually only gets a quick look. This is four hundred-some page novel that really gets a chance to explore the world and what it would have been like in its last days. The characters, setting, and themes were very well fleshed out.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I've read it and, as many others have said, it's a good little read but nothing groundbreaking.

I enjoyed the first half of the book. It did seem to drag on and ON though. I'll have to re-read it and give me a more accurate view of it. It's been a few years since I've read it ( have it in my collection).

I own it too. Read it once but I and when I have the time I will read it again. From the story they can do many things in the comics with the story. This story was written by one of my favorite authors with sci-fi because he did a Batman/Sueprman stories called Enemies & Allies too.
    former Terrifan2

I own a copy of it, but haven't gotten around to reading it yet. I've heard it was a solid enough tale, but I have a few book to make it through first and not much time to read lately. I'll get around to it though.

Was this the Kevin J. Anderson novel with the lenticular cover that made the book a pain in the ass to even open? Add me to the list of people who have it, but have never read it.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.