Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Captain Marvel vs Blue Marvel

Who is Marvels most powerful Marvel? Carol Danvers? Or Adam Brashear?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Setting the Sentry related stuff aside, second one is more clearly in the class 100 crowd, whereas Carol generally needs an amp to Binary levels to get there.

Blue, easily.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Yeah, Adam is out of Carol's league physically.

As long as he keeps away from splurging energy at her that she can absorb, he batters her senseless.

BANNED

I wonder if BM can overload carol.

What if Carol transformed into Binary? Who would win?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    What if Carol transformed into Binary? Who would win?
    Carol probably has an edge in that case: she's pretty ridiculous as Binary.

BANNED

if carol transforms into binary it is a different level altogether as she has cosmic level powers at that level s evident in quasar when she saved the sun by shunting anti matter into another portal and getting it rid of it healing the sun at the same time with her energies. Perhaps she could do the same with Adam or simply absorb all his energies.

In the old 80s X-Men comics, Binary was traveling at warp speeds pretty casually. The speed advantage alone would mean big trouble for Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    In the old 80s X-Men comics, Binary was traveling at warp speeds pretty casually. The speed advantage alone would mean big trouble for Adam.
    Travel, not reaction speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Travel, not reaction speed.
    It still allows for decent hit and run attacks, even if you're not going at it like the Flash or Goku. It's like how Nightcrawler himself doesn't have superspeed but can still pop in and out with a barrage of punches on, say, Avalanche, and enough to overwhelm him despite his armor.

At a certain point, your speed (assuming you have the durability to withstand it) is essentially like teleportation.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

It still allows for decent hit and run attacks, even if you're not going at it like the Flash or Goku. It's like how Nightcrawler himself doesn't have superspeed but can still pop in and out with a barrage of punches on, say, Avalanche, and enough to overwhelm him despite his armor.

At a certain point, your speed (assuming you have the durability to withstand it) is essentially like teleportation.
    A mobility advantage (which is a more accurate description for what you are describing, imo) is a valid advantage, true. But FTL speed is pretty hard to apply sans reflexes without ringing yourself out.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    But FTL speed is pretty hard to apply sans reflexes without ringing yourself out.
    But then it's also, what is the range of ring out in this case? What determines ring out? It's not like it was established in this thread, and greater speed tends to mean greater size of battlefield, unless that's determined. Flash would routinely fight across the globe against other speedsters. Surfer (whose travel speed is far greater than his reaction speed) had a light year to try to swipe the Infinity Gauntlet off of Thanos. Various teams of Power Rangers have speedblitzed the same way I had described with Binary (admittedly though, not anywhere near lightspeed), but mostly don't have reaction speed to match. For those with super speed without the super speed reflexes, the ability to return to the battle just as quickly as leaving it would be a factor.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

But then it's also, what is the range of ring out in this case? What determines ring out? It's not like it was established in this thread, and greater speed tends to mean greater size of battlefield, unless that's determined. Flash would routinely fight across the globe against other speedsters. Surfer (whose travel speed is far greater than his reaction speed) had a light year to try to swipe the Infinity Gauntlet off of Thanos. Various teams of Power Rangers have speedblitzed the same way I had described with Binary (admittedly though, not anywhere near lightspeed), but mostly don't have reaction speed to match. For those with super speed without the super speed reflexes, the ability to return to the battle just as quickly as leaving it would be a factor.
    I don't generally disagree with your point, but the last time I asked for clarification on rings out it seemed pretty strict. I think an arena which prevents a fighter from using all of their abilities to their fullest is a little lame, but if we didn't apply limits like that a John Stewart could zip a couple light years away and then snipe people.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I don't generally disagree with your point, but the last time I asked for clarification on rings out it seemed pretty strict. I think an arena which prevents a fighter from using all of their abilities to their fullest is a little lame, but if we didn't apply limits like that a John Stewart could zip a couple light years away and then snipe people.
    Well, alright. It's just that Blue Marvel is no slouch in the travel speed department himself, so I would imagine any fight -- whether between Capt. Marvel or Binary -- would take up a lot of space anyway.