Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    All-New Member

Default do you think wally west is staying in the flash book?

after flash #50 do you think wally west (original) will be in a different book since it seemed like he will be doing more of his own thing for a bit?

There are rumors that he’s getting his own mini

BANNED

If they're smart, they'll put him in a Flash team title.

Will they be smart? I don't know.

He'll probably pop in and out during big arcs.

I hope not. Too many Flashs in one book. They should split it up, Barry/ Wallace in one book, and Wally/*spoilers* in another.

I hope not, especially with how Williamson handled Flash War; it's clear they don't know how to handle two Flashs in one book. Please just give Wally his own title so they can do both characters justice. This last arc pissed me all the way off.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I hope not, especially with how Williamson handled Flash War; it's clear they don't know how to handle two Flashs in one book.
    Agreed... I still don't think the DC universe writers can handle two Flashes.

BANNED

he should lead his own team and be disconnected from everything else until DC can figure out what they actually want to do with him

Extraordinary Member

I really don't understand the problem. Barry and Wally existed for decades in the DC Universe (as did Jay).

The only reason Wally became the Flash was because Barry 'died' in COIE. Now that they're both back, let them exist in their own books and cross paths from time to time. They can both lead separate lives fighting crime with super speed.

We've got multiple Kryptonians, Amazons, Bat-family, Green Lanterns, etc... Why not multiple Flashes?

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

I don't think so. #50 was way too much like set-up for a different story.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    I really don't understand the problem. Barry and Wally existed for decades in the DC Universe (as did Jay).

The only reason Wally became the Flash was because Barry 'died' in COIE. Now that they're both back, let them exist in their own books and cross paths from time to time. They can both lead separate lives fighting crime with super speed.

We've got multiple Kryptonians, Amazons, Bat-family, Green Lanterns, etc... Why not multiple Flashes?
    Because neither of them have ever had a lot of time to co-exist, both as the Flash. When Barry died and Wally took over, the book was trying to dodge the debate about who was better because Wally wanted to respect Barry's memory. However over time, Wally became faster and more powerful and we saw more development with his character, powers, and the Flash mythos than we ever saw with Barry. Because of this there is contention over who deserves to be the "true" Flash. We've seen great development and exciting stories with both characters, but never together.

Dick and Bruce could coexist as Batmen during Batman inc. because it was never really Dick's mantle to begin with, he was just filling in, and the idea of Batman inc. was to have different Bat-themed agents around the globe. With a proper in-story reason for there to multiple Batmen and no massive over-attachment to Dick being Batman from fans, it was able to work really well.

I'm not saying there needs to be a "Flash inc." but I don't believe it's as simple as "both characters can be the Flash."

If Wally isn't in the Flash, he's without a book since he's been bumped out of the Titans.

I like the idea of giving him his own title, with maybe the recently returned you-know-who (see Flash #50) as his partner.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    Agreed... I still don't think the DC universe writers can handle two Flashes.
    They did for like 20 years with Wally and Jay.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    They did for like 20 years with Wally and Jay.
    Jay was never the central character of the book. This issue was like a 90's Waid comic where Wally was propped up at the expense of Barry. If they're going to do that then they might as well make Wally the central character of the book. Which... I'm fine with... I just want better stories. I just don't think they can write good stories with the TWO that aren't done at the expense of the other. I do think that was the case in Flash #50.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    Jay was never the central character of the book. This issue was like a 90's Waid comic where Wally was propped up at the expense of Barry. If they're going to do that then they might as well make Wally the central character of the book. Which... I'm fine with... I just want better stories. I just don't think they can write good stories with the TWO that aren't done at the expense of the other. I do think that was the case in Flash #50.
    Wally isn't gonna be the central character of the book, after 51 Barry is going solo again. Wally will be in the Heroes in Crisis and who knows what will happen to him after that. Barry still is the main Flash, his fans have nothing to worry about.