Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Superwoman Appreciation

Share your love for the unsung Angry Amazon Abomination adversary here! What do you love about Superwoman and what would you change about her to make her an even more viable opponent for Diana and the DCU at large?

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg
    Last edited by WonderScott; 07-23-2017 at 01:39 PM.

By the way, she's dead these days, isn't she?

I thought Lana Lang was currently going by the "Superwoman" name.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    By the way, she's dead these days, isn't she?

I thought Lana Lang was currently going by the "Superwoman" name.
    It is Lana's claim to fame, but the dastardly dame of Damnation Island could always be Rebirthed. I hope the Crime Syndicate doesn't stay out of play for too long. I love my evil doppelgängers - especially the ones who haven't been developed too much. (So many possibilities.)

Astonishing Member

I love the CSA...especially Super Woman.

I always look forward to her appearances. All her alternate incarnations are excellent.

I must admit my favorite Super Woman was from Crisis of 2 Earths; she had a distinct power set while retaining the original flavor.

I think the original CSA were more larcenous and selfish than murdering and conquering. They could have become anti-heroes.

I always found it interesting that the successful Superman was hero and the most successful Super Woman was a villainess. This could be because every time a heroic Superwoman was introduced, a Crisis restarted time. Just an observation.

Clark & Diana Whata Team! Super-Wonder's Avatar

What I would change . . . Super Woman doesn't have Laser/Heat Vision.
    I think the writer that introduced that was confused by the Super portion of her name and then Johns exacerbated that in Forever Evil and Darkseid War.

While the Multiverse says that there can be many versions of them, perhaps the Crime Syndicate featured in the new 52 was just one of many in existence.
    Last edited by Super-Wonder; 07-24-2017 at 01:40 PM.
    Wonderfully Superb

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    It is Lana's claim to fame, but the dastardly dame of Damnation Island could always be Rebirthed. I hope the Crime Syndicate doesn't stay out of play for too long. I love my evil doppelgängers - especially the ones who haven't been developed too much. (So many possibilities.)
    But considering that Lana became Superwoman under Rebirth (as well as it being stated the previous Superwoman was deceased) sort of reduces the chances of your wish at present.

I hate the name Superwoman for what is supposed to be a Wonder Woman analog.

Astonishing Member

I love the name Super Woman for a Wonder Woman analog.

One of the things I found greatly appealing the Crime Syndicate is that their villainous identities could easily be hero's aliases also. I think's so much more clever than Madam Murder or some such name.

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    I love the CSA...especially Super Woman.

I always look forward to her appearances. All her alternate incarnations are excellent.

I must admit my favorite Super Woman was from Crisis of 2 Earths; she had a distinct power set while retaining the original flavor.

I think the original CSA were more larcenous and selfish than murdering and conquering. They could have become anti-heroes.

I always found it interesting that the successful Superman was hero and the most successful Super Woman was a villainess. This could be because every time a heroic Superwoman was introduced, a Crisis restarted time. Just an observation.
    My only issue with Crisis on 2 Earths version is she borrowed from the Shazam/Marvel family instead of the Amazon family. Add that to Morrison's Earth 2 version coopting from the Superman mythos and I'm always wondering why everyone is writing around the Amazons? The Amazon mythos is strong enough to lean on for an evil, twisted doppelgänger.

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Wonder View Post
    What I would change . . . Super Woman doesn't have Laser/Heat Vision.
    I think the writer that introduced that was confused and then Johns exacerbated that in Forever Evil and Darkseid War.

While the Multiverse says that there can be many versions of the perhaps the Crime Syndicate features in the new 52 was just one of many and in existence.
    yes, Yes, YES - no heat vision for Superwoman. If I were to write/edit her, there would be a focus on coming up with something more Amazon related for her power set.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But considering that Lana became Superwoman under Rebirth (as well as it being stated the previous Superwoman was deceased) sort of reduces the chances of your wish at present.
    I'd be okay with both using the moniker. I'm going to hold out hope that Superwoman and the CSA aren't gone for good, considering the Multiverse, Anti-matter universe, Rebirth still having to "settle", and Doomsday Clock.

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    I love the name Super Woman for a Wonder Woman analog.

One of the things I found greatly appealing the Crime Syndicate is that their villainous identities could easily be hero's aliases also. I think's so much more clever than Madam Murder or some such name.
    I'm a fan of Superwoman and Ultraman being villainous counterparts as well. No issue for me if more than one character (one good/one evil) has the name. Besides, Superwoman got there first.

I'm surprised we havent seen a heroic Ultrawoman appear on Prime Earth. I'm assuming Ultraman had and Ultragirl on Earth 3 at some point.