Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    I love the name Super Woman for a Wonder Woman analog.

One of the things I found greatly appealing the Crime Syndicate is that their villainous identities could easily be hero's aliases also. I think's so much more clever than Madam Murder or some such name.
    Okay, but MY issue is that "Super" has basically come to mean "kryptonian".

If Earth 3's Wonder Woman villainous analog needs a name, it should be something somewhat unique, and add to the Wonder Woman brand, rather than borrow from the Superman one. Epic Woman, Mega Woman, Marvel Woman(lol)

I remember someone mentioning this idea in another thread. Since Diana's original name was going to be "Suprema: The Wonder Woman" that actually would be a better name for a villainous version of Diana. What better version than the Earth 3 counterpart to Diana?
    Richard Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    I remember someone mentioning this idea in another thread. Since Diana's original name was going to be "Suprema: The Wonder Woman" that actually would be a better name for a villainous version of Diana. What better version than the Earth 3 counterpart to Diana?
    I remember that thread too. I suggested Suprema become the code name of the Donna Troy of Earth 3.

Clark & Diana Whata Team! Super-Wonder's Avatar

I like the idea of naming her Suprema, as nod to the intentions of Marston.

The toll of Superwoman is that she comes to America and takes Lois Lane's identity (and life) which is a nod to the original telling of Wonder Woman's appearance in the states. I really like this dual tap into the Superman & Wonder Woman mythos, combining these elements to create a Superwoman and I wouldn't want to see that changed.

But again, there are infinite worlds were a Suprema labeled Superman can come from and the possibilities are endless.

Here's the tread that was mentioned:
    http://community.comicbookresources....Superhero-name
    Wonderfully Superb

Default Get the Action!

Some great action figures of Superwoman!
    Wonderfully Superb

My favorite covers
    Wonderfully Superb

@Super-Wonder, yes...Evil eyebrows for the win.

IMG_0057.jpg

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    yes, Yes, YES - no heat vision for Superwoman. If I were to write/edit her, there would be a focus on coming up with something more Amazon related for her power set.
    Like what?

I'm a fan of Superwoman and Ultraman being villainous counterparts as well. No issue for me if more than one character (one good/one evil) has the name. Besides, Superwoman got there first.

I'm surprised we havent seen a heroic Ultrawoman appear on Prime Earth. I'm assuming Ultraman had and Ultragirl on Earth 3 at some point.
    We've had a villainous Ultra Woman: Lex Luthor's sister.

Astonishing Member

@Super-Wonder, yes...Evil eyebrows for the win.

IMG_0057.jpg
    Some of those figures looked so good...this was an exception.

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    Like what?

We've had a villainous Ultra Woman: Lex Luthor's sister.
    I'd prefer her as a dark reflection of Diana - superstrength, stamina, speed, affinity for animals that made them more viscous, etc. She's not a Kryptonian, so the heat vision never made sense to me. She is also one of the least explored members of the CSA, so there's definitely some room for some Amazonian creativity when developing her backstory.

True - I forgot about her.

Make it plain please... Silver Phoenix's Avatar

I like the idea of Superwoman simply being a mirror alternate to Wonder Woman: a morally corrupt and power-hungry Amazon.

In one issue where she encountered Donna Troy, Superwoman told her she killed all the Amazons on her Earth, I'd keep that as it would make her more sinister.

I'd love to see Gal Gadot's WW vs Superwoman on the big screen....
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus
    John 14:6

Astonishing Member

Superwoman's always a bit of an oddity.

Her name was always meant to be a sort of hilarious take on Superman and Wonderwoman.

They expanded on that by the time of the Earth 2 graphic novel. Where she was also The Anti Matter Universe equivalent of Lois Lane. Something absolutely not true of her Pre Crisis self (who was happily married to Alexander Luthor aka the good Luthor of that world).

They even made her the evil Mary Marvel equivalent in the Crisis on Two Earths animated film which worked well. It didn't even occur to me until someone pointed it out.

I like her having the "standard" Kryptonian powers. But I'd love to see them referred to as spoils from killing enemies. Like perhaps her Gods. IE I got this trick from Hades *uses heat vision*

As a way of being similar but opposite to how Ultraman has reverse powers like energy sucking eye vision powers etc...

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    They even made her the evil Mary Marvel equivalent in the Crisis on Two Earths animated film which worked well. It didn't even occur to me until someone pointed it out.
    I kinda noticed. One of her henchmen looked way too much like CM3(yes I remember him). Also her henchmen used a similar naming scheme to the old Marvel family. Except with Superwoman instead of Captain Marvel, and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Superwoman's always a bit of an oddity.

Her name was always meant to be a sort of hilarious take on Superman and Wonderwoman.

They expanded on that by the time of the Earth 2 graphic novel. Where she was also The Anti Matter Universe equivalent of Lois Lane. Something absolutely not true of her Pre Crisis self (who was happily married to Alexander Luthor aka the good Luthor of that world).

I like her having the "standard" Kryptonian powers. But I'd love to see them referred to as spoils from killing enemies. Like perhaps her Gods. IE I got this trick from Hades *uses heat vision*

As a way of being similar but opposite to how Ultraman has reverse powers like energy sucking eye vision powers etc...
    Reminds me of how Kratos gets his powers in the God of War games.

Astonishing Member

Originally Posted by PyroTwilight

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I kinda noticed. One of her henchmen looked way too much like CM3(yes I remember him). Also her henchmen used a similar naming scheme to the old Marvel family. Except with Superwoman instead of Captain Marvel, and so on.
    I loved that!

The concept of 'made men' was a stroke of brilliance. It explained all the other subordinate villains.