Page 54 of 75 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Don West was incredible at shilling, merch sales dropped 50% when he left. That's an actual number.
    there you go..that's what he was good at

not announce-yelling

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    there you go..that's what he was good at

not announce-yelling
    Right, and since tenay and none of the wrestlers could sell a ppv, he was the most usefully person in the company.

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/t...-post-ppv-more

There is a risk that spoilers for TNA's Bound for Glory PPV will get leaked as they are taping several iMPACT episodes in advance. The September 16-19 tapings in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania will include four weeks of iMPACT! that will air AFTER the PPV in October.

The September 5 and 6 tapings in North Carolina were changed to One Night Only PPV tapings, which means that Bethlehem will get all of the iMPACT! TV tapings.

BANNED

and again about Tenay, dude has been on the losing end twice now, first with WCW, now with TNA

I mean, is he crying himself to sleep at night?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/t...-post-ppv-more

There is a risk that spoilers for TNA's Bound for Glory PPV will get leaked as they are taping several iMPACT episodes in advance. The September 16-19 tapings in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania will include four weeks of iMPACT! that will air AFTER the PPV in October.

The September 5 and 6 tapings in North Carolina were changed to One Night Only PPV tapings, which means that Bethlehem will get all of the iMPACT! TV tapings.
    The bound for glory ppv that is being taped to ppv from japan, with no matches announced and no tournament!
    Oh noes!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Agreed. If any future wrestling promoter out there needs an example of what not to do when owning a wrestling business then they should take notes of the mistakes TNA has done and learn to not make those kind of mistakes.

What made it even sadder is that it started off with so much potential then they ended up squandering the potential away. Shows what happens when you have a wrestling promoter that doesn't give two shits about trying to improve her company
    I don't know. Clearly Dixie cared about the company. I think the issue is that her vision for the company (WWE-lite) and the fan base's vision for the company weren't the same. She did what a lot of big businesses do--hire an outside consultant to help execute her vision for the company. They just failed. They couldn't lure away enough of the WWE audience while retaining their hard core fan base to make a difference.

A lot of companies have made the same mistakes in other industries. They paid big money to trust the wrong people.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I don't know. Clearly Dixie cared about the company. I think the issue is that her vision for the company (WWE-lite) and the fan base's vision for the company weren't the same. She did what a lot of big businesses do--hire an outside consultant to help execute her vision for the company. They just failed. They couldn't lure away enough of the WWE audience while retaining their hard core fan base to make a difference.

A lot of companies have made the same mistakes in other industries. They paid big money to trust the wrong people.
    She continued to trust the wrong people after they failed repeatedly. She trusted one wrong person despite the people giving her money telling her to fire him.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    TNA should have built the company around guys like Styles, Joe, Roode, and even Storm. Have folks like Angle and Hardy be used only to help put upcoming TNA talent over.

Also it's kinda funny that Hogan, of all people, called his experience in TNA a nightmare. Especially since he's one of the key things responsible for TNA being in the rut it's in. And honestly he never gave a crap about the company either. He just use TNA as a way to give his friends jobs and put his family on tv. If he gave a damn about the business then he shouldn't have moved Impact to Monday Nights in the first place
    Agree with all this. Also one of the reasons it was a nightmare for us to watch was cause of him and his stupid daughter. "I Will raise the Bar, Brother!". Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    PWTorch shits in the recently dug grave of TNA
    "News has come through this week that TNA Impact's future on Spike TV has been secured until the end of 2014. While only a temporary reprieve, I have a feeling that a long-term deal will eventually be struck, whether with Spike or somebody else. However, in my opinion, blah blah blah blah
    jesus, why on earth would anybody bother to read much less write that entire thing?? you could tell after the first few lines it's the same thing that's been regurgitated by pretty much every fan who's been waiting years to say "i told you so".

thanks for sharing it though.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    hence why they should've given what heyman wanted when they tried to bring him in. he wanted to push the younger talent and only keep on one old wrestler (smart money would be angle) to be the leader to guide them. he wasn't even asking for that much in terms of a paycheck. he just wanted rebulid the roster. but no! they wanted hogan and bischoff.

it makes you wonder what TNA would be like if they were about to pick up paul.
    i think he wanted total control and part ownership. heyman i'm sure would've done a great job booking but last time he had total control of a company and owned part of it he bankrupted it in less time than it's taken for TNA to of out of business.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadis View Post
    Tenay has had his strong times no doubt and knows his material. But he has been largely mailing it in for a long time now.

Quite liked Don West as a heel myself. He was a true colorful heel. Not some weird tweener face sympathy guy ala JBL. Sides it is not like the guy they replaced West with has done well. Tazz drifts all over the place, making mistakes and generally being useless to the action at hand.
    heel don west was the best thing since heel jr, especially when he'd show up late and drunk and then tweet vel vel & angelina during matches.

as for face don west, never forget the CREAM always rises

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I don't know. Clearly Dixie cared about the company.
    No, she didn't care about the company. If she cared about the company she would have let Daddy sell, he didn't sell because they wouldn't take her.
    Vanity project.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    heel don west was the best thing since heel jr, especially when he'd show up late and drunk and then tweet vel vel & angelina during matches.

Ahahahaha

Just creamed him with a big sea bass. Lol

I remember the stuff about communicating with the Beautiful People and strategy sessions and such. Tenay used to question him about that and Don always provided a laugh worthy response.

It was pretty cool seeing Kong cream Gail again too. And oh brother was Bubba ever fat then as compared to now. He really lost a lot of weight in a fairly short period of time.

I loved that era in TNA. Late 00's there was so much fun, stupidity and all. Don was priceless. Things were easy, loose, and cool. It really was a more fun and free shooting alternative to the E. It's a shame they got away from that.
    Last edited by Jadis; 08-29-2014 at 12:15 PM.
    Kurt Angle:"Canada is lacking two things.The first is Olympic heroes,and no Ben Johnson does not count.The second is Memorial Day.We in the States celebrate our heroes by having barbecues.I realise here in Canada you can't have barbecues because you'd be attacked by a moose,a caribou or even a grizzly,it's true! Hold on a second - you'd probably be attacked by a grizzly as well.On second thought..the Grizzlies don't beat ANYBODY here in Vancouver,let alone anywhere else,it's true,it's true!"

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jadis View Post
    Ahahahaha

Just creamed him with a big sea bass. Lol

I remember the stuff about communicating with the Beautiful People and strategy sessions and such. Tenay used to question him about that and Don always provided a laugh worthy response.

It was pretty cool seeing Kong cream Gail again too. And oh brother was Bubba ever fat then as compared to now. He really lost a lot of weight in a fairly short period of time.

I loved that era in TNA. Late 00's there was so much fun, stupidity and all. Don was priceless. Things were easy, loose, and cool. It really was a more fun and free shooting alternative to the E. It's a shame they got away from that.
    yup. thems were the days.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    jesus, why on earth would anybody bother to read much less write that entire thing?? you could tell after the first few lines it's the same thing that's been regurgitated by pretty much every fan who's been waiting years to say "i told you so".

thanks for sharing it though.

i think he wanted total control and part ownership. heyman i'm sure would've done a great job booking but last time he had total control of a company and owned part of it he bankrupted it in less time than it's taken for TNA to of out of business.

Makes me miss the knockouts division.

I got a smile out of this gif from the Madison/Taryn Knockout match last week. Courtesy of stezton, from Diva Dirt.
    Kurt Angle:"Canada is lacking two things.The first is Olympic heroes,and no Ben Johnson does not count.The second is Memorial Day.We in the States celebrate our heroes by having barbecues.I realise here in Canada you can't have barbecues because you'd be attacked by a moose,a caribou or even a grizzly,it's true! Hold on a second - you'd probably be attacked by a grizzly as well.On second thought..the Grizzlies don't beat ANYBODY here in Vancouver,let alone anywhere else,it's true,it's true!"

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I remember telling someone on a FB group I think TNA should take the Discovery Velocity deal. Yes its a cable channel in 48+ million homes right now. And yes its for half of what the Spike TV deal is. Plus it would mean TNA would have to cut salaries and pair the roster to cheaper talent. But it needs to happen. No one really moves the needle in TNA. So its not like losing Bully Ray will effect them in the long term.

Discovery has been building up its family of channels in recent years. They air non-stop promotion of shows and more on the channels from IDiscovery , TLC and more. TNA would be promoted across all the channels . Also within 2 years Velocity would grow into more homes as well. TNA would be a great building block there. Also by the time 2-3 years pass , TNA could get a bigger TV deal by then.

Also the fact TNA can reshape the roster. ROH clearly has more talent there they can bring in cheap. From the Briscoe Brothers to Michael Bennett . Also ex-NXT and WWE guys the company can bring in for cheap . You keep the guys you want in Austin Aires , James Storm and the Wolves. You bring in those cheap talents and it works.

TNA will be fine if they do the Velocity deal. They will get a steady cable home . One who won't throw shows around the schedule and not promote things .
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.