Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post
    Final word: Nostalgia Kills.

Shut it down.
    Even Heyman says move on. Heyman!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Even Heyman says move on. Heyman!
    Wish it was a podcast.

That way, Heyman's words would sting more.
    INGOBERNABLES de INTER-WEB

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post
    Wish it was a podcast.

That way, Heyman's words would sting more.
    And you know what? He has made a good point.

Quote Originally Posted by clayholio View Post
    Cage was pretty good. I remember not thinking much of him from the Gut Check match a while back, but he would be an interesting addition to the X-Division.
    cage was better a few years back, he's put on too much muscle and it's slowed him down/affected his agility. to his credit he's adjusted his wrestling style accordingly to his new size.

this was a couple of years ago

Lashley has really stepped up lately. It's funny that it took MVP's knee injury to get Lashley to really step up, but that whole thing is working right now. And that Aries match was way better than I thought a Lashley match could be.

TNA announced Hardys vs. Dudleys vs. Wolves for one of their upcoming NYC tapings. I'm really looking forward to that.
    i wish they would bring in the bucks/genMe to have a match with the any of those teams.

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Before the venue cost was raised they would have lost money. WWE who can draw 10 times the crowd tna can doesn't do tv in new york because they lose money on it.
    And yes, the show has been better (i agree with all the complaints about the ecw stuff though). Why wasn't the show better in the last 5 years though?
    like he said though there's a difference between losing money and losing your ass, risk vs reward and that type of ****.

it has been at different points, they just never could sustain it for any significant length of time.

Self-Proclaimed Genius clayholio's Avatar

Before the venue cost was raised they would have lost money. WWE who can draw 10 times the crowd tna can doesn't do tv in new york because they lose money on it.
    And yes, the show has been better (i agree with all the complaints about the ecw stuff though). Why wasn't the show better in the last 5 years though?
    Five years ago would have been 2009, which was pretty much regarded as one of the peaks of TNA, both creatively and by ratings.

I guess the only answer to your question though is if you expected better out of the Hogan/Bischoff regime? Is it a matter of thinking they suck, or that they just didn't deliver what they were capable of? I think everyone would have their own answer for that.

My simple answer is that Jeff Hardy screwed TNA so incredibly hard in 2011. Even if it wasn't your (and I mean that in a general sense, not finger pointing) cup of tea, TNA had one trump card to play that WWE never did: heel Jeff Hardy. They build a big storyline and crew around him, Jeff had switched up everything about himself, and there was some genuine heat to the Immortal group. Then he showed up in no condition to perform for his big PPV main event with Sting, they had to bench him for months, and tried to replace him with Mr. Anderson. The entire thing fell apart at that point, because Hardy couldn't deliver when put in the position to deliver. They played their card and it blew up in their faces. They've been bailing water creatively ever since until fairly recently, which doomed Hogan and Bischoff.

And I also feel that it's an insult to every other TNA employee every time Jeff Hardy steps into one of TNA's rings. He cost the entire company their one shot at something bigger, and he ought to have been fired as a direct result of that.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    cage was better a few years back, he's put on too much muscle and it's slowed him down/affected his agility. to his credit he's adjusted his wrestling style accordingly to his new size.

this was a couple of years ago

i wish they would bring in the bucks/genMe to have a match with the any of those teams.

like he said though there's a difference between losing money and losing your ass, risk vs reward and that type of ****.

it has been at different points, they just never could sustain it for any significant length of time.
    Cage did seem crazy jacked.

New match announced for the first night of tapings: Samoa Joe vs. Low Ki, one on one.
    clayholio

Ink Is My Perfume (art blog) - Clayholio Watches Movies (Movie Reviews)

Amazing Member

The wrestlers have moved on. The only people still chanting ECW! are the fans. You're gonna punish the wrestlers for trying to make money off of that? Well then crucify Michael Bay for every penny he makes off of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Transformers. Crucify Peter Laird for showing up at IDW's SDCC TMNT display. God forbid he helped create the property.

Tommy Dreamer has House of Hardcore. RVD has his 90-day clause with the E. Where is Balls Mahoney? Where is Axl Rotten? Where is 2 Cold Scorpio? Raven has lynched himself to Revolution Pro. The only people wanting ECW are the people paying money for a ticket to sit in the seats.

Amazing Member

But HOW DRUNK was Homicide? Even Joe was laughing his ass off. Gawd bless the renegades.

Five years ago would have been 2009, which was pretty much regarded as one of the peaks of TNA, both creatively and by ratings.

I guess the only answer to your question though is if you expected better out of the Hogan/Bischoff regime? Is it a matter of thinking they suck, or that they just didn't deliver what they were capable of? I think everyone would have their own answer for that.

My simple answer is that Jeff Hardy screwed TNA so incredibly hard in 2011. Even if it wasn't your (and I mean that in a general sense, not finger pointing) cup of tea, TNA had one trump card to play that WWE never did: heel Jeff Hardy. They build a big storyline and crew around him, Jeff had switched up everything about himself, and there was some genuine heat to the Immortal group. Then he showed up in no condition to perform for his big PPV main event with Sting, they had to bench him for months, and tried to replace him with Mr. Anderson. The entire thing fell apart at that point, because Hardy couldn't deliver when put in the position to deliver. They played their card and it blew up in their faces. They've been bailing water creatively ever since until fairly recently, which doomed Hogan and Bischoff.

And I also feel that it's an insult to every other TNA employee every time Jeff Hardy steps into one of TNA's rings. He cost the entire company their one shot at something bigger, and he ought to have been fired as a direct result of that.

Cage did seem crazy jacked.

New match announced for the first night of tapings: Samoa Joe vs. Low Ki, one on one.
    heel jeff hardy was a pleasant surprise while it lasted, yeah the build up for immortal sucked ass with all the "THEY'RE" coming but still jeff was way better than xpected. the thing that made the immortal faction actually good for awhile was that hogan and bitchoff actually took a back seat and pushed jeff to the forefront. a shame but in all honesty even if hardy had been on the straight and narrow TNA would've eventually fukt the whole thing up anyways, it's just what they do.

joe vs ki, is anybody going to complain about a RoH revival?? i'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by DB5150 View Post
    The wrestlers have moved on. The only people still chanting ECW! are the fans. You're gonna punish the wrestlers for trying to make money off of that? Well then crucify Michael Bay for every penny he makes off of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Transformers. Crucify Peter Laird for showing up at IDW's SDCC TMNT display. God forbid he helped create the property.

Tommy Dreamer has House of Hardcore. RVD has his 90-day clause with the E. Where is Balls Mahoney? Where is Axl Rotten? Where is 2 Cold Scorpio? Raven has lynched himself to Revolution Pro. The only people wanting ECW are the people paying money for a ticket to sit in the seats.
    off topic but a few days ago i went to the TMNT 30th anniversary xhibit at the cartoon art museum in san francisco and it was awesome. a shitload of original art from the old mirage series.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    heel jeff hardy was a pleasant surprise while it lasted, yeah the build up for immortal sucked ass with all the "THEY'RE" coming but still jeff was way better than xpected. the thing that made the immortal faction actually good for awhile was that hogan and bitchoff actually took a back seat and pushed jeff to the forefront. a shame but in all honesty even if hardy had been on the straight and narrow TNA would've eventually fukt the whole thing up anyways, it's just what they do.

joe vs ki, is anybody going to complain about a RoH revival?? i'm not.

off topic but a few days ago i went to the TMNT 30th anniversary xhibit at the cartoon art museum in san francisco and it was awesome. a shitload of original art from the old mirage series.
    I definitely don't mind them cribbing ROH's stuff.

Did the TMNT show have more than Eastman & Laird art, or was it focused on them? No complaints either way - it would be awesome to see that old stuff.
    clayholio

Astonishing Member

See, i don't buy that.
    No one knew Jeff Hardy was going to be fucked up, and his ppvs never touched Joe vs Angle as far as buys, so that means by that point TNA was never going to be more popular.
    I think they fucked up royally and never recovered by going to Monday nights. They failed epically and putting on **** like old man Hogan vs old man Flair just showed they weren't interested in new stuff, since that was what they hyped.
    Now, that is down to Hogan and Bischoff, but before that they did the huge ppv business for joe vs angle and then preceded to completly **** it up and waste all the momentum they built.
    I am of the belief that had they brought in rvd and hardy and flair and hogan, but stayed on Thursdays, used the old guys to put over TNA guys and given it the same giant marketing push, they would have been in a much better position. But in their zeal to pretend there were wcw they put themselves in a position they couldn't succedd in and painted themselves as a clear number 2 and never dropped the stigma. Losing the 6 sided ring also hurt, because it was something you could see and instantly tell it was different.

See, i don't buy that.
    No one knew Jeff Hardy was going to be fucked up, and his ppvs never touched Joe vs Angle as far as buys, so that means by that point TNA was never going to be more popular.
    I think they fucked up royally and never recovered by going to Monday nights. They failed epically and putting on **** like old man Hogan vs old man Flair just showed they weren't interested in new stuff, since that was what they hyped.
    Now, that is down to Hogan and Bischoff, but before that they did the huge ppv business for joe vs angle and then preceded to completly **** it up and waste all the momentum they built.
    I am of the belief that had they brought in rvd and hardy and flair and hogan, but stayed on Thursdays, used the old guys to put over TNA guys and given it the same giant marketing push, they would have been in a much better position. But in their zeal to pretend there were wcw they put themselves in a position they couldn't succedd in and painted themselves as a clear number 2 and never dropped the stigma. Losing the 6 sided ring also hurt, because it was something you could see and instantly tell it was different.
    You asked why they were so bad creatively. PPV business and all that doesn't factor in to that. Switching to Monday nights doesn't have anything to do with creative. I'm not saying you shouldn't complain about the other stuff to, but you asked one question, not an overall question. So expanding your reply afterwards isn't really a reply to the creative question.

The point is that TNA had a plan, Hardy screwed it up (and did damage to their reputation as well), and that angle that WWE had never done with the one guy that TNA had that still mattered never got to fully be explored. That's the one thing that TNA had that could have succeeded. Hogan and Flair were never going to succeed, so there's no point in even mentioning it. That's not a missed opportunity. Immortal, led by a heel Jeff Hardy, could have been something interesting that could have been interesting, and would have eventually drawn in new viewers. Maybe.
    clayholio

Fantastic Member

TNA's reputation before Hardy was already tarnished. Hardy is not the reason why TNA has failed and was not the panacea to the company's woes.

Astonishing Member

You asked why they were so bad creatively. PPV business and all that doesn't factor in to that. Switching to Monday nights doesn't have anything to do with creative. I'm not saying you shouldn't complain about the other stuff to, but you asked one question, not an overall question. So expanding your reply afterwards isn't really a reply to the creative question.

The point is that TNA had a plan, Hardy screwed it up (and did damage to their reputation as well), and that angle that WWE had never done with the one guy that TNA had that still mattered never got to fully be explored. That's the one thing that TNA had that could have succeeded. Hogan and Flair were never going to succeed, so there's no point in even mentioning it. That's not a missed opportunity. Immortal, led by a heel Jeff Hardy, could have been something interesting that could have been interesting, and would have eventually drawn in new viewers. Maybe.
    But creative wasn't good, if creative was good people would watch the show or buy the ppv. That's the job of creative in wrestling, if it was good people watch and buy, if it wasn't they don't watch and buy.
    Turning Jeff Hardy heel was stupid anyway, he was the most popular act in the company. And they turned Hardy heel and he was going to wrestle 50 year old Sting, that's a sign of failure whether he was messed up or not.

http://www.kayfabenews.com/spike-tv-...-100-ways-die/

Spike TV to showcase TNA Wrestling on “1000 Ways to Die”

Although Spike TV has announced it will no longer broadcast Total Nonstop Action (TNA) Wrestling, the network does intend to feature the promotion on an upcoming episode of its long-running program 1000 Ways to Die.

Wrestling fans were shocked (or at least mildly intrigued) by the announcement this week that Spike TV is cancelling TNA’s Impact Wrestling program, but fans will get an inside look at what went wrong when 1000 Ways to Die examines its demise.

In fact, Spike TV is specifically capitalizing on the downfall of Impact Wrestling in order to resurrect the 1000 Ways to Die, which itself was cancelled in 2012 after being deemed “too juvenile even for Spike viewers.”

Among the topics to be explored in the episode:
    •The chronic mis-booking of Samoa Joe
    •The Claire Lynch angle
    •WWE mimickry
    •The Bischoff/Hogan era, including all airtime devoted to Brooke Hogan
    •The silly sexual innuendo behind the name “TNA” itself
    •995 other factors yet to be announced

It is believed that 1000 Ways to Die will remain on the air until the time is right for an inevitable episode about Bellator MMA.

http://www.kayfabenews.com/impact-wr...nfrey-network/

Impact Wrestling signed to Oprah Winfrey Network

Spike TV’s sudden announcement that it will no longer broadcast Impact Wrestling seemed to spell doom for Total Non-Stop Action (TNA) Wrestling, but the promotion has reportedly inked a promising new TV deal with the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN).

Starting in September, Impact Wrestling will be added to the Wednesday afternoon line-up on OWN, sandwiched between Divine Design and Life With LaToya.

Although the predominantly female demographic of OWN is a stark change from Spike TV’s male-dominated viewership, TNA president Dixie Carter is reportedly confident that “ratings can only go up.”

According to a contract leaked online, the deal with OWN will necessitate some changes to the format and presentation of Impact Wrestling, including:
    •The program will only be 30 minutes long, and will include at least one makeover per episode
    •Dr. Oz will do all drug testing for TNA, to ensure wrestlers are on a strict regimen of homeopathic remedies and The Dr. Oz Miracle Lemon Ginger Cleanse®
    •Every episode will be broadcast from a gently lit studio, where members of a studio audience will cheer wildly in hopes that Oprah will give away free stuff
    •The TNA roster will be at least 80 percent female, and contain no fewer than three fabulous interior decorators
    •Absolutely no fighting will be allowed

According to a recent poll, the majority of wrestling fans surveyed said they plan to continue not watching Impact Wrestling.