Page 1 of 75 123451151 ... LastLast
    Self-Proclaimed Genius clayholio's Avatar

Default TNA Impact Wrestling Thread: Rob Terry version 4.0

This is the thread for all the discussion about TNA Impact, as seen on Spike TV on Thursday nights (and on PPV quarterly).

First topic for discussion: what's your favorite Rob Terry gimmick?

1. Random British Brute
    2. Object of Orlando Jordan's Affection
    3. Tight Sweater Enthusiast
    4. Pulp Fiction Gimp

I'll go with Sweater Enthusiast, just because there were so many colors. SO MANY COLORS, bro.
    clayholio

Ink Is My Perfume (art blog) - Clayholio Watches Movies (Movie Reviews)

A new TNA thread should have the best ring entrance TNA has to offer

Kurt Angle:"Canada is lacking two things.The first is Olympic heroes,and no Ben Johnson does not count.The second is Memorial Day.We in the States celebrate our heroes by having barbecues.I realise here in Canada you can't have barbecues because you'd be attacked by a moose,a caribou or even a grizzly,it's true! Hold on a second - you'd probably be attacked by a grizzly as well.On second thought..the Grizzlies don't beat ANYBODY here in Vancouver,let alone anywhere else,it's true,it's true!"

As for topic at hand, I'll say option #1.

He was rather awful there but at least he was associated with cool dudes like Douglas Williams and Magnus.
    Kurt Angle:"Canada is lacking two things.The first is Olympic heroes,and no Ben Johnson does not count.The second is Memorial Day.We in the States celebrate our heroes by having barbecues.I realise here in Canada you can't have barbecues because you'd be attacked by a moose,a caribou or even a grizzly,it's true! Hold on a second - you'd probably be attacked by a grizzly as well.On second thought..the Grizzlies don't beat ANYBODY here in Vancouver,let alone anywhere else,it's true,it's true!"

grape, of all da blondies gifs out there you had to pick the one that reminds us that billy gun was a member??

Quote Originally Posted by clayholio View Post
    This is the thread for all the discussion about TNA Impact, as seen on Spike TV on Thursday nights (and on PPV quarterly).

First topic for discussion: what's your favorite Rob Terry gimmick?

1. Random British Brute
    2. Object of Orlando Jordan's Affection
    3. Tight Sweater Enthusiast
    4. Pulp Fiction Gimp

I'll go with Sweater Enthusiast, just because there were so many colors. SO MANY COLORS, bro.
    yeah it's gotta be the tight sweatered doorman.

Good sleuthing! Now that you mention it, I remember it, but I try to forget about him as much as possible. Although if he's going with a Pulp Fiction Gimp gimmick, I'll at least give the look-see.

The match was alright. I got mad when Roode kicked out of the piledriver, though, and that took me completely out of the match. If you've got a move that's basically been off of TV (except for Bully Ray, and even then only occasionally, and even then only when he was trying to be a mega heel by piledriving people on the concrete) since forever, and all of a sudden everyone's kicking out of EY's version of it, it does the opposite of establish him as a credible wrestler. They might be consistent with it, but it's like being consistent in being an awful chef. I just didn't think the match got to a level where you could justify it. If you're going to do piledrivers, that should be game over.

Hey, I threw the TNA stuff in here because no one else had started a thread. But I'll start a TNA thread right now. I'm not afraid to do it.
    i actually thought it was better than the PPV match with magnus, EY's selling(legwork) left much to be desired.

to be fair roode isn't everyone, he is a top guy on the roster. **** he's more credible than EY himself, and also they didn't act like it was no big deal either. now if robbie kicks out of it that's another story, the way it went down i don't mind bobby being in the same able-to-kick-out-of-a-piledriver company as magnus. to be honest i don't even mind the piledriver being used to set up the elbow, it's kind of a cool combo.

impact was cool this week, started kind of slow again but picked well enough.

i missed the 1st 5-6 minutes, gunner vs mr butthole did a good job of transitioning james storm from gunner to butthole.

so i did some searching on magdaddy's old buddy bram and he's an NXT wash out and former original member of the ascension that went by the name kenneth cameron. he really should shave the beard though.

EC3 & spud were amusing

roode vs gunner was short but sweet, roode had the advantage and won so nobody looks weak, but still considering the stuff we've seen gunner endure in his matches with storm he did seem to go down kind of easy here.

i'm not real into the epic bully vs dix feud. really not a fan of bully as a face.

i liked storm vs willow, i think storm needs another finisher to add his moveset. i'm enjoying storm more now than i have in years even if he's just losing most of the time.

dudebros vs wolves+sanada was fun and had some cool spots

roode vs EY was a good title defense for EY, roode can still claim it wasn't fair he had to wrestle twice in one night. i wouldn't mind seeing roode vs gunner for the title down the line.

News! Sort of. There are reports that Low-Ki is about to sign a full-time contract to wrestle and be an agent for the X-Division. I like that, even though I feel like he won't last any longer this time around than he did before. I hope I'm wrong, and that the added responsibility sits well with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadis View Post
    As for topic at hand, I'll say option #1.

He was rather awful there but at least he was associated with cool dudes like Douglas Williams and Magnus.
    He was Roman Reigns before Roman Reigns!

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    grape, of all da blondies gifs out there you had to pick the one that reminds us that billy gun was a member??

yeah it's gotta be the tight sweatered doorman.

i actually thought it was better than the PPV match with magnus, EY's selling(legwork) left much to be desired.

to be fair roode isn't everyone, he is a top guy on the roster. **** he's more credible than EY himself, and also they didn't act like it was no big deal either. now if robbie kicks out of it that's another story, the way it went down i don't mind bobby being in the same able-to-kick-out-of-a-piledriver company as magnus. to be honest i don't even mind the piledriver being used to set up the elbow, it's kind of a cool combo.

impact was cool this week, started kind of slow again but picked well enough.

i missed the 1st 5-6 minutes, gunner vs mr butthole did a good job of transitioning james storm from gunner to butthole.

so i did some searching on magdaddy's old buddy bram and he's an NXT wash out and former original member of the ascension that went by the name kenneth cameron. he really should shave the beard though.

EC3 & spud were amusing

roode vs gunner was short but sweet, roode had the advantage and won so nobody looks weak, but still considering the stuff we've seen gunner endure in his matches with storm he did seem to go down kind of easy here.

i'm not real into the epic bully vs dix feud. really not a fan of bully as a face.

i liked storm vs willow, i think storm needs another finisher to add his moveset. i'm enjoying storm more now than i have in years even if he's just losing most of the time.

dudebros vs wolves+sanada was fun and had some cool spots

roode vs EY was a good title defense for EY, roode can still claim it wasn't fair he had to wrestle twice in one night. i wouldn't mind seeing roode vs gunner for the title down the line.
    Storm is definitely a lot better now. I'm finally getting over my intense dislike for his drunk cowboy act and starting to enjoy what he's doing again.

It's funny, Bully Ray seems to work just as well as a face, but at the same time, because of how nasty he is as a heel, the face act seems like such a put-on. Plus, he clearly enjoys pissing people off more than just about anything else in life.
    clayholio

I was the original person to make that gif.

i wouldn't mind seeing roode vs gunner for the title down the line.
    That probably would be just about the most useful combonation of upper card stars match TNA can put together at the moment.

He was Roman Reigns before Roman Reigns!
    Roman not cool? Face Roman Reigns is what Thomas Magnum might have been if he had been a wrestler. (Magnum TA is just a little too blatant a ripoff.)

Astonishing Member

News! Sort of. There are reports that Low-Ki is about to sign a full-time contract to wrestle and be an agent for the X-Division. I like that, even though I feel like he won't last any longer this time around than he did before. I hope I'm wrong, and that the added responsibility sits well with him.
    If those reports are true, it indicates he burned more bridges than originally thought.

When I told an acquaintance of mine about Low-Ki, his response was "They got the bad guy from the Thor movies to wrestle for them? Cool! I hope he wears the horn helmet while coming to the ring."

BANNED

When I told an acquaintance of mine about Low-Ki, his response was "They got the bad guy from the Thor movies to wrestle for them? Cool! I hope he wears the horn helmet while coming to the ring."
    Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! *takes a deep breath* Hahahahahahahahahahaha!

Astonishing Member

Have to stress the LOW bit i guess.

Astonishing Member

OJ love interest for the win.

Jeff Hardy isnt my favorite wrestler, but he wrestled a helluva match last night.

Bully Ray is the most unbelievable face in wrestling. Also putting a wanting to put a woman through a table isnt the heroic endeavor.

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    If those reports are true, it indicates he burned more bridges than originally thought.
    I thought he quit/"retired" from Japan because AJPW wouldn't cover his medical bills over an injury he suffered in their ring? I mean, it probably wasn't top form to actually call AJPW out on that publicly, but I wouldn't say that Low-Ki was the one burning the bridge there.

Unless you're obliquely referring to something else, that I have no idea about.

Ha! Awesome.

Now I'm going to be disappointed if he doesn't show up with a horned helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    OJ love interest for the win.

Jeff Hardy isnt my favorite wrestler, but he wrestled a helluva match last night.

Bully Ray is the most unbelievable face in wrestling. Also putting a wanting to put a woman through a table isnt the heroic endeavor.
    I'm totally enjoying the chaotic Jeff Hardy that doesn't seem to care if he gets disqualified or not. The whole thing is insane, but that doesn't mean that I'm not enjoying it.

The only thing that makes Bully's face runs enjoyable is that in retrospect, it's so transparently pandering (and yet crowds eat it up) that when he inevitably turns back into the evil Bully Ray, you know he's not joking about loving the fact that he tricked everyone.

I mean, come on. Don't we know who he is?
    clayholio

Astonishing Member

I thought he quit/"retired" from Japan because AJPW wouldn't cover his medical bills over an injury he suffered in their ring? I mean, it probably wasn't top form to actually call AJPW out on that publicly, but I wouldn't say that Low-Ki was the one burning the bridge there.

Unless you're obliquely referring to something else, that I have no idea about.
    He quit,/retired from wrestling and said it was because All Japan wouldn't honor their contract, but he was only there because SOMETHING (capped because this is the mysterious something) happened, they quickly took him off their website and pretended he never existed. I mean, he didn't leave New Japan and not go back when they were having their hottest streak in years and years because he didn't want to go back. All Japan he buried them on twitter, so they don't like that. Low Ki always had that attitude problem Rep, in that he thought he was better than the promotion did. I didn't say better than he was because i actually think quite highly of the guy as a wrestler and felt what WWE did to him was disgraceful.
    Everyone knows that story right? They were going to put him in a mask and have him feud with Rey? But Rey got hurt so he got put on tough enough, where he became the most popular guy despite them not wanting him to win.

Astonishing Member

IF Sam Shaw had an apartment with a shrine to christy hemme, why does he also live with mom?

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    He quit,/retired from wrestling and said it was because All Japan wouldn't honor their contract, but he was only there because SOMETHING (capped because this is the mysterious something) happened, they quickly took him off their website and pretended he never existed. I mean, he didn't leave New Japan and not go back when they were having their hottest streak in years and years because he didn't want to go back. All Japan he buried them on twitter, so they don't like that. Low Ki always had that attitude problem Rep, in that he thought he was better than the promotion did. I didn't say better than he was because i actually think quite highly of the guy as a wrestler and felt what WWE did to him was disgraceful.
    Everyone knows that story right? They were going to put him in a mask and have him feud with Rey? But Rey got hurt so he got put on tough enough, where he became the most popular guy despite them not wanting him to win.
    Okay, I'd heard all about that. But Ki also blew out his knee while in FCW and missed significant time, which squelched the timing of the Rey stuff.

I agree that he's tremendously talented, but he seems to get dissatisfied very quickly no matter where he goes (even his ROH runs had issues). I'm not suggesting that he should have a low opinion of himself by any means. If he's coming in full time, I'm excited to see him wrestle. I hope that things go differently for him this time, as Ki is an asset to whomever he wrestles for.
    clayholio