Page 41 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by clayholio View Post
    Better off for whom? The only people who would seem to benefit from TNA going out of business are people who have been claiming that TNA is going out of business for the last twelve years. Aside from that, I can't think of anyone who's better off.
    the wrestlers who aren't getting paid **** will be paid less if TNA loses 30% or more of it's onyl revenue source. They could make more on indies. So, better for them, and better for the rest of the crew who can find other jobs where they get paid on time.

BANNED

and WWEs footprint aside, ive been hearing a lot more about indie feds in the past couple years than in recent times, so while it may not be the ol' territory days, guys have options

NJPW shows are cheaper than PPVs and I can VOD them. Same with Dragon Gate, PWG, and ROH iPPVs/streams/etc.

Just sayin' ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

TNA's time was done the moment the Hogan/Bischoff experiment failed.

That was too costly in dollars, fans/potential fans, and identity to not be make or break. There was no way they were ever going to get out from under it's ramifications if it failed. Especially since it was allowed it to go on for four years as opposed to two.
    Kurt Angle:"Canada is lacking two things.The first is Olympic heroes,and no Ben Johnson does not count.The second is Memorial Day.We in the States celebrate our heroes by having barbecues.I realise here in Canada you can't have barbecues because you'd be attacked by a moose,a caribou or even a grizzly,it's true! Hold on a second - you'd probably be attacked by a grizzly as well.On second thought..the Grizzlies don't beat ANYBODY here in Vancouver,let alone anywhere else,it's true,it's true!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    NJPW shows are cheaper than PPVs and I can VOD them. Same with Dragon Gate, PWG, and ROH iPPVs/streams/etc.

Just sayin' ...
    Well, you won't be able to get nj or roh ippvs soon unless they replace ustream.
    I imagine RoH will, i dunno if NJ gives a ****.

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Well, you won't be able to get nj or roh ippvs soon unless they replace ustream.
    I imagine RoH will, i dunno if NJ gives a ****.
    My stream was borked today but they gave me a daily ticket on the sub to fix it.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    My stream was borked today but they gave me a daily ticket on the sub to fix it.
    I just mean since they are cancelling ippvs, didn't mean anything about the quality.
    Though i haven't had an issue yet and have ordered at least 6 njpw shows.

Self-Proclaimed Genius clayholio's Avatar

the wrestlers who aren't getting paid **** will be paid less if TNA loses 30% or more of it's onyl revenue source. They could make more on indies. So, better for them, and better for the rest of the crew who can find other jobs where they get paid on time.
    Less jobs = better for everyone? Weird logic.

AJ Styles can make more on the indies. I'd bet that 90% of the roster could not, and certainly not for an extended period of time.

It's just weird that so many people have so much venom about TNA, and are stalking the company with a dagger in their hand. It's not enough to not watch it, but people actually want to get in on some mob violence on the company, too? And then want a parade for their work towards world peace?

I'm pretty even-handed on TNA - praise the good, bury the bad. There's been both. That seems like a radical statement these days, that there's been anything other than an unmitigated twelve-year stream of ****. But what can you do? The bandwagon's line starts to the left...
    clayholio

Ink Is My Perfume (art blog) - Clayholio Watches Movies (Movie Reviews)

Fantastic Member

I just mean since they are cancelling ippvs, didn't mean anything about the quality.
    Though i haven't had an issue yet and have ordered at least 6 njpw shows.
    Not so FAST!

"ROH today announced that its 9/6 show from Toronto, called All-Star Extravaganza, will be airing on iPPV through Ustream.

Unlike as previously reported, ROH will be continuing iPPVs with Ustream but will need to work with a third party to process orders.

This may also be an opening for New Japan to continue."

Astonishing Member

AJ Styles can make more on the indies. I'd bet that 90% of the roster could not, and certainly not for an extended period of time.
    Then maybe they aren't in the right business.

Fantastic Member

ROH did 12,000 PPV buys for Best in the World by the way. On iPPV they did over 2,000 so over 14,000 combined buys and they are only available in 30% of homes in the country. Please give ROH TNA's timeslot for the love of God.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marvell2k View Post
    ROH did 12,000 PPV buys for Best in the World by the way. On iPPV they did over 2,000 so over 14,000 combined buys and they are only available in 30% of homes in the country. Please give ROH TNA's timeslot for the love of God.
    Beat TNA, Jesus.

Fantastic Member

From DA MELTZER:

There was what was described to me as a panic on 8/6, the afternoon before the second night of tapings. It was a combination of the Observer web site report and all the other web sites reporting on the possibility of Smackdown moving to Thursday and what it means for TNA. This was combined with people expecting some kind of an announcement regarding the future or the TV, since many had been hinted to that big news would be given at the tapings, and there was no announcement made the first night, nor was anything said to anyone about any kind of a deal. It was incumbent that something be said to talent this week because they were told all along that there would be good news at the taping. They’ve all heard the story of Spike not renewing, and all were told it was a lie by management. Many are talking like they believe management, but others are more skeptical. But unless something is addressed in the next few days, the ones who believed management and had been told New York is when the good news would be announced, many are going be shocked into what may be reality. They didn’t even have a meeting with the wrestlers, nor was anyone told at press time that any kind of meeting would happen on 8/7, the final day of the tapings. There wasn’t even the minimal announcement that no matter what happens, we’ll be continuing to tape television for international or the company will keep going, which, whether true or not, was something I was told needed to have been said to avoid the fear a lot of the roster had about their futures. But with nothing being said, and the knowledge that a Smackdown move to Thursday would be disastrous for ratings and hurt things with Spike if there was any chance of a new deal. Spike likely won’t move Impact to Friday’s due to Bellator, although Wednesday possibly could be done. But who knows if Spike has any interest going forward as those at Spike have said there is nothing new since our reports from last week. But if there are any negotiations with new stations, if the Smackdown move happens, it hurts Impact badly when it comes to negotiations with new stations.

Astonishing Member

Marvell, it's better that they have a job. Because none of them can get work anywhere else (except for the ones taking indy bookings and working second jobs).

But in wrestling you can build up good will.
    If it was on some network no one got and it was great for 6 months it wouldn't matter, RoH on HDNET for example.
    But Spike isn't exactly a small network, and while they had a long period of shitty shows they had better numbers (ratingwise) and did better on ppv when they had a hot angle than they do now.
    better than rock bottom still isn't good. for all good will is worth to say "if it was good people would watch and buy" is just flat out inaccurate. TNA has ALWAYS sucked at promotion/advertising.

wouldn't having the option to decide for themselves be better?? they could still do what you say even if TNA doesn't go out of business if they want to, there is a possibility they know better than you what's best for them.

also if they work more indys they take other wrestlers spots.

if i was a follower of the church of DA MELTZ i'd say

"The loss, or even the survival with great cutbacks, of TNA, would be devastating to the industry. New Japan is already having trouble keeping the foreign crew it has working steadily. ROH has no openings for talent, although we have the impression that Samoa Joe and Eddie Edwards would likely get some dates, but in the case of Joe, he’s used to making a lot more money. But those in ROH say they already have more talent than they can adequately use and for the most part, there are no openings. Few guys in TNA mean much on the independent scene. There will be a vacancy for a No. 2 group if TNA loses Spike and can’t get a paying outlet, or even if they stay on with a greatly reduced budget.

It’s clear Sinclair Broadcasting has little interest in ramping up ROH. So for the industry to not take a hit, it comes down to Global Force Wrestling getting off the ground with significant financing and a strong television deal, or the El Rey Network, with AAA scheduled to start as a weekly series in the fall, becoming a viable channel on the U.S. scene."
    but i'm not so FOCK DA MELTZ, i think he's being overdramatic. "devastating to the industry" is a little much, but he's DA MELTZ and i'm just little mexican guy from california.

i don't think even AJ can. if he could i don't think he would be in NJPW right now. from the way i've heard him talk in interviews it seems like being away from his family really bothers him, he even turned down a development contract with the WWE back in the days because he didn't want to move.

It's just weird that so many people have so much venom about TNA, and are stalking the company with a dagger in their hand. It's not enough to not watch it, but people actually want to get in on some mob violence on the company, too? And then want a parade for their work towards world peace?

I'm pretty even-handed on TNA - praise the good, bury the bad. There's been both. That seems like a radical statement these days, that there's been anything other than an unmitigated twelve-year stream of ****. But what can you do? The bandwagon's line starts to the left...
    i don't really get it either but whatever. TNA was something to watch on thursdays for me, sometimes it was good, sometimes it sucked.

oh and punisher circle of blood was my ****, i've read it so many times it's not funny. they had all the original covers from that series, and a bunch of the GI joe covers he did too.

i used to have that cap poster hanging in my room for years

and from the turtles xhibit

Last edited by BigLbo; 08-07-2014 at 06:38 AM.