Page 53 of 75 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    The final death of this company was that live touring bullshit.
    The creative death was the AJ Styles angle. That was when they finaly admitted they had no ideas. The Eric Young thing just cemeted it. ECW reunion shows in New York reinforced it.
    The first sign that things went bad was when they decided to go up against the E on Monday Nights. Say what you will about the E but there is a reason they are A:The number one wrestling promotion B:One of the few wrestling promotions in America that is still in business. The E had the drive and dedication to keep their business afloat and was willing to try something new to keep it's business afloat, the Attitude Era pretty much saved them when WCW was kicking their ass in the ratings. TNA meanwhile is just going through the motions.

They never really took a gamble or try anything different that made the company distinct. They had some interesting ideas but nine times out of ten they end up fucking up said interesting ideas. When word of TNA having money troubles first pop up did the company even made any attempt in getting out of the hole they got themselves in? No! They kept on doing the same old ****. Then when Spike decided that the company isn't worth keeping anymore TNA all of a sudden decides to pull their heads out of their collective asses. The only problem is that they waited a little too late.

So to the wrestlers in question I feel bad that they don't have a wrestling business to go to but to the folks running TNA I have no sympathy. They brought it upon themselves

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jadis View Post
    +1

That was another mistake TNA made. They took Don off color commentating during the time he was doing his best work there.
    Regal and West as the Smackdown commentating team would be it for me.

Another early sign of trouble was when Hogan and Bischoff went on Bubba's show and stated they saw Abyss as their John Cena.

Regal and West would be cool with me too.
    Kurt Angle:"Canada is lacking two things.The first is Olympic heroes,and no Ben Johnson does not count.The second is Memorial Day.We in the States celebrate our heroes by having barbecues.I realise here in Canada you can't have barbecues because you'd be attacked by a moose,a caribou or even a grizzly,it's true! Hold on a second - you'd probably be attacked by a grizzly as well.On second thought..the Grizzlies don't beat ANYBODY here in Vancouver,let alone anywhere else,it's true,it's true!"

BANNED

TNA should have built the company around guys like Styles, Joe, Roode, and even Storm. Have folks like Angle and Hardy be used only to help put upcoming TNA talent over.

Also it's kinda funny that Hogan, of all people, called his experience in TNA a nightmare. Especially since he's one of the key things responsible for TNA being in the rut it's in. And honestly he never gave a crap about the company either. He just use TNA as a way to give his friends jobs and put his family on tv. If he gave a damn about the business then he shouldn't have moved Impact to Monday Nights in the first place

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    The first sign that things went bad was when they decided to go up against the E on Monday Nights. Say what you will about the E but there is a reason they are A:The number one wrestling promotion B:One of the few wrestling promotions in America that is still in business. The E had the drive and dedication to keep their business afloat and was willing to try something new to keep it's business afloat, the Attitude Era pretty much saved them when WCW was kicking their ass in the ratings. TNA meanwhile is just going through the motions.

They never really took a gamble or try anything different that made the company distinct. They had some interesting ideas but nine times out of ten they end up fucking up said interesting ideas. When word of TNA having money troubles first pop up did the company even made any attempt in getting out of the hole they got themselves in? No! They kept on doing the same old ****. Then when Spike decided that the company isn't worth keeping anymore TNA all of a sudden decides to pull their heads out of their collective asses. The only problem is that they waited a little too late.

So to the wrestlers in question I feel bad that they don't have a wrestling business to go to but to the folks running TNA I have no sympathy. They brought it upon themselves
    The whole thing about them being on the verge of dying is pretty much hyperbole and revisionist history to paint themselves as the underdog. Yes they loss money in the early 90's but really the fix for their money woes were basically making some cuts and raising the PPV rates. After that it was kind of smooth sailing. You can claim ratings all you want but ratings were never their life source for money. They had other revenue streams besides a tv deal. TNA on the other hand don't have any other stream of revenue other than tv rights fees.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

+1

That was another mistake TNA made. They took Don off color commentating during the time he was doing his best work there.
    don was awesome. taking him off to shill merch was a crime

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    don was awesome. taking him off to shill merch was a crime
    I call it putting Don back in his place

dude came from the 2am - 5am Knife show spot on HSN...he belongs shilling merch

FOREVER

TNA should have built the company around guys like Styles, Joe, Roode, and even Storm. Have folks like Angle and Hardy be used only to help put upcoming TNA talent over.

Also it's kinda funny that Hogan, of all people, called his experience in TNA a nightmare. Especially since he's one of the key things responsible for TNA being in the rut it's in. And honestly he never gave a crap about the company either. He just use TNA as a way to give his friends jobs and put his family on tv. If he gave a damn about the business then he shouldn't have moved Impact to Monday Nights in the first place
    hence why they should've given what heyman wanted when they tried to bring him in. he wanted to push the younger talent and only keep on one old wrestler (smart money would be angle) to be the leader to guide them. he wasn't even asking for that much in terms of a paycheck. he just wanted rebulid the roster. but no! they wanted hogan and bischoff.

it makes you wonder what TNA would be like if they were about to pick up paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    I call it putting Don back in his place

dude came from the 2am - 5am Knife show spot on HSN...he belongs shilling merch

FOREVER
    may dean ambrose attack you in your sleep..........

BANNED

Don West was not good at his job, he yelled, then he did this weird heel turn that just came off as so forced

and I like Tenay, I feel bad for Tenay most of all because he's a better announcer then he rightly gets credit for and out of blind loyalty has stuck around in TNA

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    hence why they should've given what heyman wanted when they tried to bring him in. he wanted to push the younger talent and only keep on one old wrestler (smart money would be angle) to be the leader to guide them. he wasn't even asking for that much in terms of a paycheck. he just wanted rebulid the roster. but no! they wanted hogan and bischoff.

it makes you wonder what TNA would be like if they were about to pick up paul.
    He would have made some use out of Abyss I know that. Heyman was the kind of guy that would take the strengths a wrestler had and exploit it.

Tenay has had his strong times no doubt and knows his material. But he has been largely mailing it in for a long time now.

Quite liked Don West as a heel myself. He was a true colorful heel. Not some weird tweener face sympathy guy ala JBL. Sides it is not like the guy they replaced West with has done well. Tazz drifts all over the place, making mistakes and generally being useless to the action at hand.
    Kurt Angle:"Canada is lacking two things.The first is Olympic heroes,and no Ben Johnson does not count.The second is Memorial Day.We in the States celebrate our heroes by having barbecues.I realise here in Canada you can't have barbecues because you'd be attacked by a moose,a caribou or even a grizzly,it's true! Hold on a second - you'd probably be attacked by a grizzly as well.On second thought..the Grizzlies don't beat ANYBODY here in Vancouver,let alone anywhere else,it's true,it's true!"

He would have made some use out of Abyss I know that. Heyman was the kind of guy that would take the strengths a wrestler had and exploit it.
    heyman could see potential and greatness in almost anyone. he would've loved booking the x-division, especially with all the partnerships TNA use to have with other promotions.

Tenay has had his strong times no doubt and knows his material. But he has been largely mailing it in for a long time now.

Quite liked Don West as a heel myself. He was a true colorful heel. Not some weird tweener face sympathy guy ala JBL. Sides it is not like the guy they replaced West with has done well. Tazz drifts all over the place, making mistakes and generally being useless to the action at hand.
    tazz is only good when he rambles on about stuff and over explained **** like calling beer a "beer-like substance".

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    Don West was not good at his job, he yelled, then he did this weird heel turn that just came off as so forced

and I like Tenay, I feel bad for Tenay most of all because he's a better announcer then he rightly gets credit for and out of blind loyalty has stuck around in TNA
    Don West was incredible at shilling, merch sales dropped 50% when he left. That's an actual number.