Page 4 of 75 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

On a related note, I confess that I don't understand why Daniels was never given a chance to be an NWA or TNA Heavyweight Champion by TNA. He could bring it in the ring and well enough on the mic.

Not when JJ has six reigns and even someone used for a decade as all but TNA's Santino gets a run. (Not knocking EY here but it's true.)
    Kurt Angle:"Canada is lacking two things.The first is Olympic heroes,and no Ben Johnson does not count.The second is Memorial Day.We in the States celebrate our heroes by having barbecues.I realise here in Canada you can't have barbecues because you'd be attacked by a moose,a caribou or even a grizzly,it's true! Hold on a second - you'd probably be attacked by a grizzly as well.On second thought..the Grizzlies don't beat ANYBODY here in Vancouver,let alone anywhere else,it's true,it's true!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jadis View Post
    On a related note, I confess that I don't understand why Daniels was never given a chance to be an NWA or TNA Heavyweight Champion by TNA. He could bring it in the ring and well enough on the mic.

Not when JJ has six reigns and even someone used for a decade as all but TNA's Santino gets a run. (Not knocking EY here but it's true.)
    I think the bigger insult would be how guys like Abyss gets multiple title shots while the more deserving get cast aside

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    I think the bigger insult would be how guys like Abyss gets multiple title shots while the more deserving get cast aside
    I agree but I figured I would not mention the most obvious for once. I really do not know how he is around at all anymore. The Abyss character himself has not been cool since????? Literally 2007 or something?

And he doesn't even care enough to get in shape.
    Kurt Angle:"Canada is lacking two things.The first is Olympic heroes,and no Ben Johnson does not count.The second is Memorial Day.We in the States celebrate our heroes by having barbecues.I realise here in Canada you can't have barbecues because you'd be attacked by a moose,a caribou or even a grizzly,it's true! Hold on a second - you'd probably be attacked by a grizzly as well.On second thought..the Grizzlies don't beat ANYBODY here in Vancouver,let alone anywhere else,it's true,it's true!"

BANNED

I agree but I figured I would not mention the most obvious for once. I really do not know how he is around at all anymore. The Abyss character himself has not been cool since????? Literally 2007 or something?

The last time he was interesting was when he was managed by James Mitchell

Self-Proclaimed Genius clayholio's Avatar

I'm not going to hammer Abyss for not being in the kind of shape he was ten years ago - there are plenty of other reasons not to like him, and plus he's never been a physique kind of guy. I'm not sure he's ever wrestled without a shirt. He's 40-ish, and if you wanted a comparison, I'm pretty sure Mick Foley had difficulty staying in the kind of shape he was in earlier in his career, at a similar age. It's just how it is.

But I still don't want to watch him wrestle.
    clayholio

Ink Is My Perfume (art blog) - Clayholio Watches Movies (Movie Reviews)

I admit the getting older/nature thing is likely a factor. He's been out of shape for years now though and isn't even in particularly good shape compared to some other late 30's and 40's wrestlers. Even in his mid 30's, at an age where some other wrestlers are in their primes, he was already getting blown after just a bit of activity.

Foley has a lot more going for him overall. He can kind of afford to get out of shape cause his personality and style excite people. Not the case with Abyss.
    Last edited by Jadis; 05-12-2014 at 05:44 PM.

Fantastic Member

Last week there was several major financial arguments and people upset in the production crew over payment being behind over what TNA owed them. People in the production crew threatened to walk out during the tapings of the show as a group if they did not get caught up to what TNA owes them.

TNA Management wrote several checks after the threats were made resolving the issue, money is said to be even tighter than ever.

Source: PWInsider

If the promotion collapsed to this state why wouldn't Daddy Carter just sell? Is having his daughter control a company which can't make payroll more prestigious than giving her some non-profit animal shelter or something to run? The production crew was way behind last year at this time as well, same time when talent was behind being paid.

The payroll should be much lower this year with no Hogan, Bischoff, AJ Styles, Sting, Jarrett etc. NO excuse

Quote Originally Posted by marvell2k View Post
    Last week there was several major financial arguments and people upset in the production crew over payment being behind over what TNA owed them. People in the production crew threatened to walk out during the tapings of the show as a group if they did not get caught up to what TNA owes them.

TNA Management wrote several checks after the threats were made resolving the issue, money is said to be even tighter than ever.

If the promotion collapsed to this state why wouldn't Daddy Carter just sell? Is having his daughter control a company which can't make payroll more prestigious than giving her some non-profit animal shelter or something to run? The production crew was way behind last year at this time as well, same time when talent was behind being paid.

The payroll should be much lower this year with no Hogan, Bischoff, AJ Styles, Sting, Jarrett etc. NO excuse
    Dixie prefers to control the lives of poor helpless wrestlers instead of poor helpless cats and dogs?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marvell2k View Post

Non profit animal shelter doesn't get you on tv yo.

I admit the getting older/nature thing is likely a factor. He's been out of shape for years now though and isn't even in particularly good shape compared to some other late 30's and 40's wrestlers. Even in his mid 30's, at an age where some other wrestlers are in their primes, he was already getting blown after just a bit of activity.

Foley has a lot more going for him overall. He can kind of afford to get out of shape cause his personality and style excite people. Not the case with Abyss.
    Abyss is definitely a poor man's Foley. I'm not suggesting that Abyss is on the same level, but they've got similar body types. I just don't think there's much Abyss can do about it, without trading his thirst for blood for a thirst for kale and juicing. And that's no kind of life for a monster.

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    clayholio

Hernandez is the latest TNA vet to explore the exciting world of unemployment.

I've never been much of a fan of his, except during his LAX run with Konnan and Homicide, but he was a decent part of TNA for many years. May the world of infinite options treat you well, Hernandez!

5091997e06926.preview-300.jpg
    clayholio

they could make a reality show out of it maybe.

BANNED

I like Hernandez...decent moves for a big man and the ladies seemed to like him too

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    they could make a reality show out of it maybe.
    Make more money as well.

BANNED

Make more money as well.
    More than what they make off of Impact I know that