Page 55 of 75 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I remember telling someone on a FB group I think TNA should take the Discovery Velocity deal. Yes its a cable channel in 48+ million homes right now. And yes its for half of what the Spike TV deal is. Plus it would mean TNA would have to cut salaries and pair the roster to cheaper talent. But it needs to happen. No one really moves the needle in TNA. So its not like losing Bully Ray will effect them in the long term.

Discovery has been building up its family of channels in recent years. They air non-stop promotion of shows and more on the channels from IDiscovery , TLC and more. TNA would be promoted across all the channels . Also within 2 years Velocity would grow into more homes as well. TNA would be a great building block there. Also by the time 2-3 years pass , TNA could get a bigger TV deal by then.

Also the fact TNA can reshape the roster. ROH clearly has more talent there they can bring in cheap. From the Briscoe Brothers to Michael Bennett . Also ex-NXT and WWE guys the company can bring in for cheap . You keep the guys you want in Austin Aires , James Storm and the Wolves. You bring in those cheap talents and it works.

TNA will be fine if they do the Velocity deal. They will get a steady cable home . One who won't throw shows around the schedule and not promote things .
    RoH guys aren't allowed to work for wwe or TNA.

Astonishing Member

Also worth noting, RoH currently outdraws TNA on live events, and just outdrew them on PPV.
    If they get 1/4th the money they are currently getting, they aren't going to increase pay, they very well might be offering less than RoH does. They run less events for one thing and TNA pays on per event deals.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Also worth noting, RoH currently outdraws TNA on live events, and just outdrew them on PPV.
    If they get 1/4th the money they are currently getting, they aren't going to increase pay, they very well might be offering less than RoH does. They run less events for one thing and TNA pays on per event deals.
    I can't see ROH paying more than TNA to be honest. The complaints for a good few years is Sinclair isn't paying. Even if TNA does do a pay per appearance deal , the guys will likely see TNA as a bigger stage. Even if its 48+ million cable network. They can work indie shows and raise the profile.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I can't see ROH paying more than TNA to be honest. The complaints for a good few years is Sinclair isn't paying. Even if TNA does do a pay per appearance deal , the guys will likely see TNA as a bigger stage. Even if its 48+ million cable network. They can work indie shows and raise the profile.
    When TNA was trying to sign away RoH talent, the only ones they got were the wolves who had already left to try out at WWE and richards wasn't going to be allowed back anyway.
    They don't want to go to TNA because it's seen as a negative to getting into WWE. TNA's per appear contracts are excusive, they can't work for ROH or PWG (which are the higher paying indies) because they aren't allowed to appear on dvds, something TNA should change since they aren't paying talent well now and they might as well let their guys make money.
    Bully Ray is already gone btw, he's just going to continue being on tv because they filmed 2 months ahead.
    Angle shouldn't be resigned, has openly said his deal is up in october and he wants to go back to WWE, but all the rumors say WWE doesn't want him.
    Hardy should be let go but i don't know what he has left in his contract.
    But again, they are losing money with what amounts to a skeleton crew now, velecity is 1/4th the deal. That will require some of the most extreme cost cutting ever seen in wrestling. If they fire all the talent that they pay decently now they will still be losing more money then they ever have.
    If they get an all new crew of indie workers, find a venue that they can film in for free, drasticly cut back on production and office staff, they will still be unable to make money.
    Unless making their show look low rent, firing all the stars, and being on a channel with half as many homes somehow increases popularity to the point that they can make money on ppv or at live shows.
    And here's another thing about RoH that TNA doesn't have. RoH has a deal with New Japan, they don't take a ton of guys but they are taking some and we know New Japan is paying pretty well.

Now, if you can get them out of their contracts, their might be some guys TNA could get, but they are the guys WWE would never take. The Briscoes would be a good tag team to pick up since WWE gave up on them. RD Evans isn't going to get taken by WWE, but that's just like having Spud 2, or Bo Dallas 2 to the tv audience.
    ...Um...That's all i can think of that WWE wouldn't take right now. Cole and Bennet wouldn't go since new japan is using them.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

this i did not know.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    this i did not know.
    Which part? Nothing i said is new, except for the roh ppv bit.
    Worth noting RoH has a lower break even than TNA since their ppv looks just like their tv, shitty.

Which part? Nothing i said is new, except for the roh ppv bit.
    Worth noting RoH has a lower break even than TNA since their ppv looks just like their tv, shitty.
    ROH outdrawing TNA. i dont keep up with ROH as much as i would like or should at this point. not to mention, i didn't know how much ROH was making so it was a bit surprising to hear that.

Astonishing Member

ROH outdrawing TNA. i dont keep up with ROH as much as i would like or should at this point. not to mention, i didn't know how much ROH was making so it was a bit surprising to hear that.
    Well, this is house shows, TNA had gotten into the habit of drawing about 200 per show.
    But TNA doesn't advertise at all while RoH only runs in cities where they have a strong tv presence.

Astonishing Member

Oh, and in some of the markets where RoH has tv, they do more viewers than Impact.

Oh, and in some of the markets where RoH has tv, they do more viewers than Impact.
    double damn

Quote Originally Posted by Lashley On If He Thinks Spike TV Will Drop TNA
    TNA's situation with Spike TV:

"When I signed my contract, there was nothing in my contract saying negotiations for a TV deal or anything like that. All they said was 'Sign and you can go out and perform' — and that's what I do. I think social media is so big right now, that a lot of stuff is out there and people are hearing what's going on behind the scenes with the negotiations between Dixie and Spike, or Dixie and whoever else. Those things are more prevalent now. Before, it happened like that every two to four years when they go back to the negotiation table, but now that social media is big and it got leaked out, now everybody is like 'Oh no, are they going to lose their deal?'

"I don't think we're going anywhere. The ratings have been phenomenal and are going up every week, so I don't think Spike is going to get rid of TNA. If they got rid of TNA it wouldn't make any sense unless they're going to bring something bigger on there. And right now I think TNA is the greatest thing that they have going for them, with the exception of Bellator. So I'm not even worried about it. I think it's all going to hash out by the end of the year. We're going to get that deal signed, and we're probably going to stay with Spike."

If he's having the best run of his career as TNA World Heavyweight Champion:

"I don't know if it would be the best run, because I don't know how you measure that. If you measure it by money, maybe not. If you measure it by fun, maybe so. I have a great time with MVP and Kenny King. We have a little bit of creative freedom to do what we want to do at times, and I think that things are going well. I think my in-ring ability has improved a lot more. I did a lot of independent stuff and I had an opportunity to work with a lot of guys out there, so I think just working with some of these guys in TNA — they have an amazing talent pool. Eric Young is phenomenal, Bobby Roode, Austin Aries.....every time I get in the ring with those guys, it's almost like magic. We have so many people that I'm still excited to go with. So I don't know if it's the biggest boost of my career, because the stage isn't as big as WWE is, but as far as fun, knowledge and being able to work with some great people....yeah, it's a great time."
    Bobby Lashley on tna

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Bobby Lashley on tna
    That entire thing can be summarized as "bobby Lashley has no goddamn idea in what's going on with the company he works for."
    Better champ than Eric Young btw.

That entire thing can be summarized as "bobby Lashley has no goddamn idea in what's going on with the company he works for."
    Better champ than Eric Young btw.
    either that or he's just being a good "yes man" for the company, reminding us that despite all that has happened in the last few months, TNA is stronger than ever.

either way, anyone with half a brain knows that bobby's bullshitting us.

Astonishing Member

either that or he's just being a good "yes man" for the company, reminding us that despite all that has happened in the last few months, TNA is stronger than ever.

either way, anyone with half a brain knows that bobby's bullshitting us.
    My favorite TNA Yes Man was magnus, blatantly saying things were lies on twitter that the company admitted were true like 3 days after he denied them.
    Now he's a nothing so that shows where loyalty gets you.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Magnus and Lashley supporting a company they work for....like hell you say. I do chuckle at Lashley and Magnus being ripped for basically backing the company. Even if the company does some insane booking shit at times (and have since they started...unless you believe that golden era bullshit people discuss) .

In any case it would be silly as hell if Spike some how decided , ya know were gonna go ahead and resign TNA. Because the TV deal expired in October. Instead they decided to keep them around for the next 3 months. But its Spike TV. They once wanted another TNA program and instead of promoting and building to said show in 2-3 months , 2 weeks later they threw it on TV , then aired it before Impact , then aired it after it ...and then decided to cancel it.

So no one knows WTF Spike is thinking. They could actually renew the show at the last possible second.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.