Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Would it have been better, worse, or the same for you guys? IMO, some things would have been better and some would have been worse.

For one, Raimi's Spider-Man was a lot closer to the comics than Homecoming was. Not to say that that's makes Homecoming bad mind you, but being more like the classic Spider-Man comics we know and love would be a count in the Raimi movies favor. Plus, Molina's Doc Ock was pretty much perfection and exactly how I'd want Ock portrayed in a cinematic universe.

In some ways, though, the way it is now is definitely better. Holland is an amazing Peter Parker. Plus, one of the things that's so great about Homecoming's Peter is his relationship with Tony Stark, being the kid who is trying to hang with the adults and these big time heroes. Maguire was a great Peter Parker too, but he's 41 years old now, older than both Chris Evans and Chris Hemsworth. It'd be a little weird having a Spider-Man who is older than both Cap and Thor.

So, thoughts?
    Ehhhh organic Webshooters still bug me, but I think in the long run that it would have been a better Spider-man for the shared universe. He's just more... Competent. As for Molina? I thought his Ock was perfect... until I saw Keaton's Vulture. THAT is what most of Spidey's villains have been missing. He was a complete and total VILLAIN. He wasn't CRAZY... he wasn't POSSESSED... he wasn't confused. He knew he was a criminal, made no excuses for it, and if you crossed him he may well kill you. Then go home and tuck his kids into bed. He had his reasons and he had his code.. but at the end of the day he was criminal.

Doc Ock on the other hand? While I absolutely loved Molina in the role, it really was a rehash of Defoe's Jekyll/Hyde split personality gimmick from the first one only he comes back at the end and saves the day. That's not really MY Doc Ock.

Still the best Spider-man movie... but in hindsight I'd have tweaked a few things in his personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    Rami's movies where beholden to the 70's and they feel like that with a few touches here and there to say it's present day
    I'd agree there. However, I think it makes them more timeless than dated, since they're not trying to reflect the era in which they came out. That can result in a stylistic clash with the MCU films.

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE View Post
    Yeah I don't think killing off A-list villains would be that much of a problem for the MCU. Has there even been a villain Tony hasn't killed in his own movies?
    Spider-Man has a different rogues gallery.

Doctor Octopus would be a recurring villain, and lead the Sinister Six.

Sony was also planning a Venom spinoff.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets