Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spectacular Member

I believe this "teaser" per se for 2018 could be one-shots or a special anniversary project, possibly in the same vein as the Wildstorm Anniversary Hardcover coming out, which features new material and short stories from the creators back in the day. I can't imagine an Invisibles sequel; however, I never thought Lucifer would have a second series (which I did love btw, although by no means was it needed or anywhere as good as Carey's masterpiece). I really hope their is new Sandman material. Again, maybe this could be Gaiman writing that Delirium story he said he had on the back burner.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    Does this mean Vertigo is bringing back the Sandman and Invisibles brands without the original creators?
    DC doesn't own The Invisibles, and couldn't bring them back, period.

Grant Morrison can bring back The Invisibles at Heavy Metal if he wants to.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tetragrammar View Post
    You mentioned you liked the other runs of Tim Hunter. So I was curious how you thought Life During Wartime stacked up with those series. I loved it. It's non-canon, true, but I found towards the end of the series that it could fit in with continuity. Don't want to spoil anything here. There are some changes but I also feel those could be addressed as stuff that could've happened between series.
    I think it would be difficult to have a new Books of Magic series, because the series is so deep in lore and character development and the like, which would make it difficult for Vertigo to release a new BoM comic that wasn't a full on reboot. Because the majority of comic readers who are interested in the Books of Magic brand have only read the original miniseries by Neil Gaiman, and none of the BoM comics that followed it.

Personally the way I would forgo a Books of Magic revival, and sequels to things that not many people have heard of in general, would be to have all of the characters and concepts as the previous installments of a franchise, but to present them brand new characters and concepts.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    DC doesn't own The Invisibles, and couldn't bring them back, period.

Grant Morrison can bring back The Invisibles at Heavy Metal if he wants to.
    I was suprised by there even being a possibility of being a Invisibles without Grant Morrison, in an interview Morrison stated this about the possibility of someone other than him writing Zenith, another property he created, 'If anybody tries it, I'll kick their head right in – and that's a promise”.
    Last edited by Timothy Hunter; 07-27-2017 at 10:28 AM.

I really enjoyed the entire run of the Books of Magic series, and it's always one of my favorite rereads. It pretty much defined the Vertigo brand for me in the 1990s. I'm not sure, myself, how'd I'd like a revival of Books of Magic. I was a bit underwhelmed by Tim's return in Justice League Dark, and I'm not sure that I have much interest in that story continuing, unless they bring Tim back home to Earth. (I was also confused about how much of the ongoing was in continuity, if any of it was... but that's another issue.)
    Currently buying:
    Print: Superman, Nightwing, Super Sons, Doomsday Clock, Young Justice, Books of Magic, Batman: Creature of the Night, Ascender, Birthright, Black Hammer, . Digital: Action Comics, Batman, Detective Comics, Batman Beyond, Flash, Justice League, Titans, Teen Titans, Deathstroke, The Wild Storm, Terrifics, Naomi, The Dreaming, Star Wars, Black Science, The Magic Order, Gideon Falls, Giants, Archie, Riverdale, Maxwell's Demons.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    I was suprised by there even being a possibility of being a Invisibles without Grant Morrison...
    There isn't. Or at least there isn't without Morrison's permission.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    There isn't. Or at least there isn't without Morrison's permission.
    Well, obviously DC would have to ask for Morrison's consent.

Also, maybe it's not an ongoing, maybe it's like an anthology of Vertigo's greatest hits. A Sandman story, a Y the Last Man short story, a Preacher short story. Because I can't really see many of the original creators wanting to come back to their properties they created at Vertigo, for a miniseries or an ongoing, but there's a stronger possibility they will return to the worlds they created, for a short, five page story. Also I could see the groaning of many comic readers after hearing the news of sequels of beloved Vertigo properties not being written by the original creators.