Default Your SSOSV or Society membership

So, DC charges you with the membership drive for the Rebirth version of the Secret Society of Supervillains or Society.

You are allowed ten characters. Who do you add to the team and why?

My roster has a villain for each Leaguer, a variety of powers and characters. And, for the most part, are some of my faves.

Livewire
    Scarecrow
    Circe
    Gorilla Grodd
    Dr. Polaris
    Fisherman
    Anomaly
    Malware
    Gentleman Ghost
    Multiplex

I would add Killer Frost, but she's running around with the JLA. And Lex is still wearing the S.

BANNED

Here are my ten characters:

1. Psimon- I didn't want to be cliché and put Lex or Vandal in the leader position. So I'm going with Psimon. He's one of the most powerful psychics in the DC and I can see him leading through mental manipulation without the team even knowing.

2. Count Vertigo- A man like that would probably have resources. Resources are important.

3. Cheshire- You need to have a character that can work in the shadows to take care of the small stuff. Who else but an assassin? When you need to infiltrate some place to get close to someone. She's your girl.

4. Klarion The Witch Boy- I always found it odd how the Justice League never has a consistent mystic character. To me, Diana doesn't count. The Titans are the only team to have a magical character consistently. So the SSOV should have their own.

5. Grid- Technology is in everything. Technology is everywhere. Nuff said.

6. Bleez- She's the jack of all trades

7. Amazo- Every team needs a powerhouse

8. Blackfire

9. Mirror Master

10. Johnny Quick

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    1. Psimon
    2. Count Vertigo
    3. Cheshire
    4. Klarion The Witch Boy
    5. Grid
    6. Bleez
    7. Amazo
    8. Blackfire
    9. Mirror Master
    10. Johnny Quick
    That's a cool lineup. I particularly like Blackfire, Cheshire, Mirror Master and Count Vertigo as members, Amazo as 'muscle' and Psimon playing leader behind the scenes and letting the more ego-tripping members (like the Count and Blackfire) think they are running the show (or pitting them against each other, so that he can play the voice of reason and get things going in the direction he wanted them to go all along, while looking like the reasonable one). Klarion the Witch-Boy is a cool idea for a magical character, since Felix Faust and Circe both seem a little 'too big for the room,' or not ideal team players. There could be some great dynamics with this group, without as many of the extremely crazy and unreasonable sorts (although Blackfire is pretty close to that line...).

A side effect of watching too much Young Justice, but I'd want to swap out Grid and Bleez (both of whom I know nothing about) for Black Manta and Queen Bee. Otherwise, darn near perfect!

I would have picked Gorilla Grodd over Psimon for the behind-the-scenes leader role, but, in retrospect, Psimon is way better at the team player thing than Grodd, who can get a little rage-y and impulsive and ego-trippy for subtle work.

1) Black Adam - Leader. Also tries to rein in the villains' more overly vicious tendencies

2) Circe - expert sorceress

3) Dr. Poison - Assassin and biological warfare expert

4) T.O Morrow - roboticist

5) Dr. Light - expert in physics.

6) Killer Frost - Louise Lincoln version.

7) Heracles - Only joins to seek battle. Circe, Poison and Frost aren't fans of his due to his sexist attitude towards women

8) Black Manta - Handles missions regarding the sea.

9) Sportsmaster - Seemingly the most unimpressive member of the team until he gets into a fight.

10) Captain Cold - Same as Sportsmaster above.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post

1. Psimon- I didn't want to be cliché and put Lex or Vandal in the leader position. So I'm going with Psimon. He's one of the most powerful psychics in the DC and I can see him leading through mental manipulation without the team even knowing.

2. Count Vertigo- A man like that would probably have resources. Resources are important.

3. Cheshire- You need to have a character that can work in the shadows to take care of the small stuff. Who else but an assassin? When you need to infiltrate some place to get close to someone. She's your girl.

4. Klarion The Witch Boy- I always found it odd how the Justice League never has a consistent mystic character. To me, Diana doesn't count. The Titans are the only team to have a magical character consistently. So the SSOV should have their own.

5. Grid- Technology is in everything. Technology is everywhere. Nuff said.

6. Bleez- She's the jack of all trades

7. Amazo- Every team needs a powerhouse

8. Blackfire

9. Mirror Master

10. Johnny Quick
    May I ask why wouldn't Diana count? Or Arthur?

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I'm going to assume that the Legion of Doom are active at the same time so I'm not going to include any of those characters in my list. Anyways, here's my roster:

Dr. Psycho(Leader)
    Silver Banshee
    Dr. Phosphorus
    Scavenger
    Professor Zoom
    Dr. Polaris
    Count Vertigo
    Gentleman Ghost
    Dr. Light
    Brother Night
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Queen Bee (Bialyan) -Leader. Untapped potential. Has a history with the League, with the original first appearing in JLA #23 and the Bialyan version first appearing in JLI #16. Could easily be their 'Baron Zemo' or 'Doctor Doom', complete with her own country. She also would have the funds and assets to set up the team.
    Black Manta -Aquaman villain.
    Cheetah -Wonder Woman villain.
    Sinestro -Green Lantern villain.
    Captain Cold -Flash villain.
    Livewire -Superman villain.
    Clayface -Batman villain.
    Wizard -JSA villain.
    Mammoth -Titans villain.
    Persuader -Legion villain.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    1) Black Adam - Leader. Also tries to rein in the villains' more overly vicious tendencies

2) Circe - expert sorceress

3) Dr. Poison - Assassin and biological warfare expert

4) T.O Morrow - roboticist

5) Dr. Light - expert in physics.

6) Killer Frost - Louise Lincoln version.

7) Heracles - Only joins to seek battle. Circe, Poison and Frost aren't fans of his due to his sexist attitude towards women

8) Black Manta - Handles missions regarding the sea.

9) Sportsmaster - Seemingly the most unimpressive member of the team until he gets into a fight.

10) Captain Cold - Same as Sportsmaster above.

May I ask why wouldn't Diana count? Or Arthur?
    Because you wouldn't call Wonder Woman or Aquaman to handle a demonic spirit. That's for people like Doctor Fate, Constantine or Zatanna. Idk it's complicated.

My first attempt would be to gather villains that would actually work together and potentially not undermine one another. (Maybe.)

1. Queen Bee - leader, pretty much for the same reasons Lee Stone related. Powers similar to the Young Justice version of the character.
    2. Black Adam - powerhouse, who has a connection/understanding of magic.
    3. Cheetah - powerhouse and divine speedster. Brilliant anthropologist/archeologist with vast knowledge of mythical/magical lore and items.
    4. Dr. Polaris - master of magnetism and brilliant medical doctor with a speciality in metahuman physiology.
    5. Poison Ivy - queen of chlorokinesis and master of all poisons, toxic agents, and antidotes.
    6. Dr. Cyber - technologist of terror.
    7. Prometheus - strategist and combatant.
    8. Queen Clea - undersea adversary, with a penchant for magical items.
    9. Felix Faust - malevolent magician.
    10. Superwoman - the angry Amazon from Earth 3's Damnation Island.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

I would prefer the Secret Society to feature non powered Supervillains led by Lex Luthor, but since he more or less reformed, that can't happen for obvious reasons. I will try to make my iteration of the Secret Society of Supervillains to be as powerful as possible, so I'm not going to include more well known, but substantially weaker characters such as Captain Cold or Kiteman and the like. The majority of these characters are Lords of Chaos from the Dr. Fate and Kid Eternity mythos.

Queen Bee Zazzala - Justice League villain, more H.R Giger-y than her previous appearances
    Doctor Chaos - super old Doctor Fate villain
    Blackfire - New Teen Titans villain - leader of the Tamarnians, like she was, from my knowledge, in pre Flashpoint continuity.
    Klarion the Witch Boy - Grown up, a thousand year old half cat half man hybrid
    Parallax - Green Lanterns Villain - this might be a silly choice
    Wotan - Dr. Fate villain
    Mordru - Justice Society villain - team leader
    T'Charr - Hawk and Dove villain
    Black Adam - Captain Marvel/Shazam villain - I believe that he was more of an anti-hero recently, but here he is more of a full on villain
    Starro - Justice League villain.

If I were going to make a Secret Society of Supervillainesses, it'd be:

1. Superwoman
    2. Maxima
    3. Talia al Ghul
    4. Cheetah
    5. Blacksmith
    6. Queen Clea
    7. Poison Ivy
    8. Cheshire
    9. Dr. Cyber
    10. Satin Satan