View Poll Results: How would you rate BRAND NEW DAY?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good

23 36.51%
  • Bad

19 30.16%
  • Mediocre

21 33.33%
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I think that the reason for that, is because is very abrupt turn of events, that feels poorly planned and use elements that don't belong to an Spider-Man story, but i'm going to leave it at that because this thread has going off the rails to much already.

Going back to the topic, a story that was really dissapointing was "The Gauntlet", i mean they tried to sell it as it some kind that Spider-Man hasn't gone througt before, but is more or less that exact same thing that he has been doing since the Kennedy administration days. There is not much of a conective tissue beetween the stories or a consisten supporting cast, characthers come and go radomly, because the writers are playing favorites and most of the time is reduced to whatever girl the writer is shipping Peter with (Michelle, Carlie, Nora), so the whole thing feels very empty.
    While The Gauntlet had some good parts (Keemia's Castle, Rage of The Rhino, Mysterioso and Shed), it was all very loosely connected and really never felt like the big epic Marvel obviously intended for it to be. I'd even say that you can skip the entire thing and just read Grim Hunt without being confused. I know this because that is what I originally did.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    It had some pretty good stories. Especially the ones under Marcos Martin!
    And if we think that it stood pretty well from the extremely huge negative feedback from OMD...
    I think BND would have been even better if we had Peter and MJ telling Mephisto to go screw himself and then they had a short time skip showing how Peter and MJ are getting on after Aunt Mays death...and then have the surprise return of Harry Osborn with Peter thinking he is a clone or another scheme by his father to get at Peter. From that point everything else {but the dating new women thing} would go pretty much as we have it. Dealing with Aunt Mays passing and trying to figure out the return of Harry thing would have brought some great drama and intrigue into the story that sets up BND instaed of just having Harry there at the beginning with no explanation.

While The Gauntlet had some good parts (Keemia's Castle, Rage of The Rhino, Mysterioso and Shed), it was all very loosely connected and really never felt like the big epic Marvel obviously intended for it to be. I'd even say that you can skip the entire thing and just read Grim Hunt without being confused. I know this because that is what I originally did.
    Yeah, i was expecting something like Spider-Man fighting Mysterio with some few broken bone for a previous fight with Sandman, but it was more like, Spider-Man runs into Electro doing a thing beat him, Lizard is doing a thing beat him, that's not much different of what Peter has done for the rest of his carreer. Rage of The Rhino is the only story of those that i like and only barely, the rest are either meh or in the case of Shed horrible, but that's just me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Yeah, i was expecting something like Spider-Man fighting Mysterio with some few broken bone for a previous fight with Sandman, but it was more like, Spider-Man runs into Electro doing a thing beat him, Lizard is doing a thing beat him, that's not much different of what Peter has done for the rest of his carreer. Rage of The Rhino is the only story of those that i like and only barely, the rest are either meh or in the case of Shed horrible, but that's just me.
    In the end, The Gauntlet just felt like more inconsistency from a mediocre period.