Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    I think more of a happy medium could be found between the two (edgy glamour?), when modernizing & updating her, while still being able to return her more to her roots as a character.
    Do you have any real life examples to offer? I have a feeling my music tastes are different than most Dazzler fans and I don't know much of glamour/pop music.

Quote Originally Posted by WheelchairX View Post
    I'm actually really looking forward to this. She is such an underrated character.
    Yes I agree. She should have been put on a real X team a long time ago. Most of this forum's members want her on Gold but I would rather she show up just about any where else. She would literally become a back up dancer for the Mary Sue Kitty.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JarOfFlies1 View Post
    Do you have any real life examples to offer? I have a feeling my music tastes are different than most Dazzler fans and I don't know much of glamour/pop music.
    Community@CBR.com, Dazzler - what do you think her music would sound like?, page 2

For my part, please don't read too much into it. I literally went & selected current, top of the chart, female pop songs, that I'm at least familiar with, and seemed like a half-way decent fit. That's the figurative beauty of Dazzler, she's meant to reflect the trends of the day, IMO. So she's uniquely adaptable to move through time, never becoming outdated or retro (or shouldn't, in theory). Therefore, her template, the fundamentals of the character... are essentially, timeless, due to their fluidity.

Quote Originally Posted by JarOfFlies1 View Post
    Yes I agree. She should have been put on a real X team a long time ago. Most of this forum's members want her on Gold but I would rather she show up just about any where else. She would literally become a back up dancer for the Mary Sue Kitty.
    Well, most everybody else doesn't seem too enthusiastic about the prospect, but I'd personally like to see her show up in Blue. I have this idea 'bout her & Mags, that's instigated by the MGH thing at first, & then between them and... EMMA! ;p 8D

It blossomed from this scene, actually, and took on a life of its own:

... after & in conjunction with, him recently rescuing her, and saving her life. I think Erik's ALWAYS been hot for her, and there's something there... on her part, too.

Spectacular Member

I'm cautiously optimistic about this -- I'm glad they are referencing the A-Force look upgrade instead of going back to Bendis punk like Secret Warriors did. I just really need her to end up in something monthly. I have no interest in Gold (mutant massacre-lite retread) or Blue (sick of the O5) -- I'm still hoping for a new x-title with Emma, Dazzler, Polaris & others not being featured as frequently.

And with the updates Emma, Polaris, etc have gotten to their original looks -- I would love a similar approach to Dazzler. I've liked the addition of pink to her "costume" scheme -- but her being back in something silver & sparkly feels like it just needs to happen already.

The Poster FKA Firebaton ThomBoleyn's Avatar

I'm so excited for this comic! It is the only thing from Marvel OR DC that has me ready to throw down money in a long time.

I am cautiously optimistic that it could lead to other things for her like a spot on a roster or more solo stuff like a mini or another one shot. I don't think a series would happen, which is a shame. She would have done well with a book like Patsy Walker had (more so than Patsy actually).

Her look seems to be going slightly back to her default which I am extremely happy about. The grunge look never worked for me, even with the trauma that caused it, it rang very hollow.
    I don't post often, but I like to chime in now and again.

I'm interested in Dazzler and Silver Sable, as I've enjoyed her appearances in ASM. I wonder if they'll use the one shot to finally explain why she can't die?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    I'm interested in Dazzler and Silver Sable, as I've enjoyed her appearances in ASM. I wonder if they'll use the one shot to finally explain why she can't die?
    My theory is, it's her powers. As long as there's ambient sound around, the cells of her body absorb it, convert it to light energy... and BOOM, she's back! That's why it takes a lil' while, and is not immediate, 'cause there's an indirect process involved to mitigate any damage. She doesn't heal in the same way Wolverine & co. do. Lingering residual light energy left, after death, might also play a part in... jump-startin' her heart, too, to keep the ‎O2 flowin'.

BANNED

So yeah, with Dazzler, the light... NEVER... dies!

Not gonna lie, only really liked her in Extreme X-Men. So I hope they make her more like this depiction of the character. Extreme X-Men.jpg

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

She should get a series with other characters the girl fan love (Emma, Pixie, Polaris and so). Get those in a yearbook and find out how strong the female fanbase actually is. It might become huge.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

BANNED

Dazzler, Darkhawk and Forbushman for me.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    She should get a series with other characters the girl fan love (Emma, Pixie, Polaris and so). Get those in a yearbook and find out how strong the female fanbase actually is. It might become huge.
    Why do you assume that Dazzler, White Queen, Pixie, Polaris (and so) have got a female fanbase? ;D

BANNED

oh my god, I love Dazzler.

<3 <3 <3

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I would explain Dazzler's shift in music as her being kind of Gwen Stefani-like now. Just give her a No Doubt expy band...

Who do we want as the creative team?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    Why do you assume that Dazzler, White Queen, Pixie, Polaris (and so) have got a female fanbase? ;D
    But they are obviously popular with most girls who read X-Men.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"