Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Do you think Ryan Stegman be a good replacement writer for RENEW YOUR VOWS?

*Do you think Ryan Stegman will be a good replacement writer for RENEW YOUR VOWS?

In my opinion, the best Spider-Man book on the market currently is Renew Your Vows. Aside from giving many fans something they have craved for years (Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson being married once again), it has been a consistently engaging, fun and enjoyable series for the past nine issues now; something that I can't say for the Amazing and Spectacular titles at the moment. Unfortunately, veteran writer Gerry Conway recently announced that he will be leaving the book and handing the writing duties off to artist Ryan Stegman (https://twitter.com/gerryconway/stat...40726165856256). While Stegman is an undeniably great artist, I'm a little concerned that he may not have the writing experience needed for a book like this (especially when succeeding someone like Conway). Obviously, I'm still going to give the series a chance, but does anyone else think Stegman will be able to follow in Conway's footsteps?
    Last edited by Masked Guy; 07-22-2017 at 11:37 AM.

what is Conway going to be writing next?

He did get credit for the script for the latest issue (Conway is listed as a coplotter) and it didn't result in anyone complaining about poor quality. He seems able to handle most aspects of writing a comic book story (dialogue, pacing, storytelling.)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Ryan is keen to know what everyone thinks as much as you, as evident by his request for feedback on Twitter

https://twitter.com/RyanStegman/stat...F%3Fpage%3D586

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PSJ View Post
    what is Conway going to be writing next?
    I don't believe he has announced that yet, though I could be wrong.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    He did get credit for the script for the latest issue (Conway is listed as a coplotter) and it didn't result in anyone complaining about poor quality. He seems able to handle most aspects of writing a comic book story (dialogue, pacing, storytelling.)
    The most recent issue does give me confidence, but I'm skeptical about Stegman being able to handle the full writing duties without Conway at least co-plotting. We'll see though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Ryan is keen to know what everyone thinks as much as you, as evident by his request for feedback on Twitter

https://twitter.com/RyanStegman/stat...F%3Fpage%3D586
    Good to know. Even Stegman seems a little nervous about taking over for Conway.

The last issue was one of the best in the series so I'm not too worried.
    As long as Conway leaves him with an outline or a general idea of what should happen Stegman should be fine.
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Generation X . Doom Patrol . Super Man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Mister Miracle . Saga . Paper Girls .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LOSTie-chan View Post
    As long as Conway leaves him with an outline or a general idea of what should happen Stegman should be fine.
    That's my hope.

Quote Originally Posted by LOSTie-chan View Post
    Plus he's open to feedback. Which is pretty rare in comic writers. Lol! So I'm down.

If he's half as good at writing as he is at drawing, we'll be in good hands.

BANNED

Sure as the writing was why I walked away after the second issue, if he's the main writer I'll come back and check it out

If the latest issues are any indication, I think it'll be an easy adjustment .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    Sure as the writing was why I walked away after the second issue, if he's the main writer I'll come back and check it out
    You didn't like Conway's writing? That's surprising.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If the latest issues are any indication, I think it'll be an easy adjustment .
    Conway won't be helping Stegman co-plot the upcoming issues, so we'll see.

This is a really good opportunity for Stegman to grow as a creator. I'll certainly be paying attention.