Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

So Zod has a wife and kid, eh? Ah, so that's why he flipped out when he discovered Superman had a family of his own. Did not see this coming at all.

While I think this plot twist will prove to be fertile ground for future stories, a part of me is sad that this closes the door on a possible Chris Kent of old return. Yes, it was always a long shot that he would come back, but I had a soft spot in my heart for him. He was such a sweet kid. Quite a contrast to this new Lor-Zod dressed in black, head half-shaven, looking very mean.

Jurgens did a great job writing Zod. He was head and shoulders above the rest of the revenge squad. They got played. I think the remnants of the squad should join forces again but seek revenge against Zod next time. Kudos to Patch Zircher, too. I think this was his best work yet on this title.

Wow, okay. So, I really liked Chris Kent and the whole Nightwing/Flamebird story they had. So on the one hand, screewwwyooou for making Chris fugly and evil. On the other hand...this is actually kinda cool and I'm really interested to see where it goes? It seems clear that they're gonna pit him against Jon, so we're headed towards some fun child-on-child violence soon!

BANNED

Anybody think of this when you saw lor lol?

Zods family is the perfect evil counterpart to supermans good family,and they absolutely look like they could kick the S off of all his family 2.

This issue Eradicator and hank didn't look as weak as in past issues,so thank you jurgens,these guys are heavy hitters imo,and any of them should be xto the death" type battles for Kal.

Lot could always "go good" later down the road,so I wouldn't worry about that,I just see jurgens mining this evil family stuff to a great degree,and I can't wait.

Now we only need Non on one side and a 20 year old powerhouse homegrown super clone named kon-el to make it perfect

This was a good issue.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianWilly View Post
    Wow, okay. So, I really liked Chris Kent and the whole Nightwing/Flamebird story they had. So on the one hand, screewwwyooou for making Chris fugly and evil. On the other hand...this is actually kinda cool and I'm really interested to see where it goes? It seems clear that they're gonna pit him against Jon, so we're headed towards some fun child-on-child violence soon!
    Rebirth Chris is probably having his showdown vs Jon in Superman at some point tbh

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Zod's whole family is evil for the sake of evil!

Man, I miss Chris. I may have been the only person that dug him as Nightwing.

Isn't it just a wee bit early to be calling Lor-Zod evil?

I mean, granted, his parents are pretty bad; but we know nothing about this incarnation of Lor-Zod. And for all we know, there's a bit of Chris Kent in him...
    Currently buying:
    Print: Superman, Nightwing, Super Sons, Doomsday Clock, Young Justice, Books of Magic, Batman: Creature of the Night, Ascender, Birthright, Black Hammer, . Digital: Action Comics, Batman, Detective Comics, Batman Beyond, Flash, Justice League, Titans, Teen Titans, Deathstroke, The Wild Storm, Terrifics, Naomi, The Dreaming, Star Wars, Black Science, The Magic Order, Gideon Falls, Giants, Archie, Riverdale, Maxwell's Demons.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post

He could have worked as Nightwing...if they hadn't kept aging him up and done that romance with Flamebird.

He was a six year old that was dating someone in their late teens to 20s. Then they reverted him back to his six year old body towards the end of the New Krypton saga.

That's just messed up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    He could have worked as Nightwing...if they hadn't kept aging him up and done that romance with Flamebird.

He was a six year old that was dating someone in their late teens to 20s. Then they reverted him back to his six year old body towards the end of the New Krypton saga.

That's just messed up.
    Ack. I didn't know this. That IS messed up.

That'd do a number on anybody's head. Hell, that could be the same Chris, and that sort of things warped his thinking...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    Ack. I didn't know this. That IS messed up.

That'd do a number on anybody's head. Hell, that could be the same Chris, and that sort of things warped his thinking...
    I think if he was the same Chris, Superman would have said something upon seeing him.

I don't think writers are going to want go back to that storyline, because it was essentially portraying a paedophilic in a positive light. Even if visually Chris was in his teens, then his 20s. He was still a six year old, and this point was driven home when he reverted back to his six year old self.

DC's not going to want to bring up a story like that again.

Well, would you expect Zod's family to be any different?

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post

That's just messed up.
    Comics .

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderboy12 View Post
    Isn't it just a wee bit early to be calling Lor-Zod evil?

I mean, granted, his parents are pretty bad; but we know nothing about this incarnation of Lor-Zod. And for all we know, there's a bit of Chris Kent in him...
    Nothing's set in stone, but I find it doubtful he'll be anything but an antagonist. They're so protective of Jon's status as Superboy and Superman's son that they've completely erased Conner from existence. Based on moves like that, I would be very surprised if they have any desire whatsoever to make Lor-Zod anything like the old Chris and bring back memories of when he was an adopted Kent in a previous continuity. I have to believe that the only reason he exists now is to build, for the first time, a tangible House of El and House of Zod rivalry. Small as they might be, families of three are still families so it still counts.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-26-2017 at 08:53 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I loved him in The Just and hoped to see more of him but this new kid looks interesting.

An evil Super family has great story potential.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I loved him in The Just and hoped to see more of him but this new kid looks interesting.

An evil Super family has great story potential.
    I loved THE JUST.

Does an evil Superman family really have much story potential? It seems like that same old "villians are mirrors of the hero" trope that gets really old. Black Manta is not a mirror of Aquaman, and he's such a great enemy. Zod could be more interesting than this.

Superman needs more Black Mantas!

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Any major antagonist is going to reflect the protagonist in some way, that's just how it goes.

Jurgens has given us a good ending that completely changes the PZ gang dynamic and changes the future encounters with Zod. You can't just beat up a kid and his mom and throw them in phantom jail. Zod has a new wrinkle to his motivation that isn't mustache twirling evil, but it should still make him more dangerous.

Can't wait for this next two part story, either.