Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 42
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    20,792

    Default Now You See Her, Now You Don't: Phantom Lady Appreciation Thread

    An appreciation thread for the women who have worn the mantle of Phantom Lady.

    Sandra Knight



    First appearance: Police Comics #1 (August 1941)

    Creators: Will Eisner and Jerry Iger

    Dee Tyler



    First appearance: Action Comics Weekly #636 (January, 1989)

    Creators: Len Strazewski
    Last edited by Agent Z; 07-26-2017 at 01:36 AM.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    20,792

    Default

    Stormy Knight



    First appearance: Crisis Aftermath: The Battle for Blüdhaven #1 (Early June, 2006)

    Creators: Jimmy Palmiotti and Justin Gray


    Jennifer Knight



    First appearance: Phantom Lady #1 (October, 2012)

    Creators: Jimmy Palmiotti, Justin Gray and Cat Staggs

  3. #3
    Ultimate Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    19,827

    Default

    And let's not forget the Sandra Knight version published by Fox after Quality stopped using the character.


  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    20,792

    Default



    Glad to see Phantom Lady in the trailer for Freedom Fighters The Ray. Seems she'll be taking a leadership position which I think will be fun to see. Wonder if they'll give her powers or gadgets. Either way looking forward to it

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    20,792

    Default

    What if Phantom Lady had internalised intangibility but her suit made her invisible?

  6. #6
    Ultimate Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    19,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    An appreciation thread for the women who have worn the mantle of Phantom Lady.

    Sandra Knight

    First appearance: Police Comics #1 (August 1941)

    Creators: Will Eisner and Jerry Iger


    And I first read a story of hers from Police Comics #17 when it was reprinted by DC in Adventure Comics #416 (March 1972).


  7. #7
    DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    And let's not forget the Sandra Knight version published by Fox after Quality stopped using the character.

    Was there a sexier superheroine from the Golden Age than Fox's Sandra?

    As I pointed out in your PL poll thread, the first time I ever saw her was in the 1976 Comic Book Guide. There was a picture of her on a Matt Baker cover (the theme of that particular guide was Good Girl art, FWIW )
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

    Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

    Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

  8. #8
    Ultimate Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    19,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Was there a sexier superheroine from the Golden Age than Fox's Sandra?

    As I pointed out in your PL poll thread, the first time I ever saw her was in the 1976 Comic Book Guide. There was a picture of her on a Matt Baker cover (the theme of that particular guide was Good Girl art, FWIW )
    My "exposure" to reprints of the Fox version was mostly through AC comics (the company that does FemForce) in a comic book called Good Girl Art Quarterly.



    (Cheesecake, anyone?)

  9. #9
    DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    My "exposure" to reprints of the Fox version was mostly through AC comics (the company that does FemForce) in a comic book called Good Girl Art Quarterly.



    (Cheesecake, anyone?)
    I have always been ambivalent towards cheesecake. While I have never sought it out and have always felt it discouraged a greater female readership... my eyes can't deny its attraction.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

    Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

    Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

  10. #10
    Ultimate Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    19,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I have always been ambivalent towards cheesecake. While I have never sought it out and have always felt it discouraged a greater female readership... my eyes can't deny its attraction.
    To me, if the cheesecake is done carefully/tastefully, that's one thing. If the cheesecake is the sole reason behind the plot/story, I'm more likely to pass it up.

  11. #11
    DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    To me, if the cheesecake is done carefully/tastefully, that's one thing. If the cheesecake is the sole reason behind the plot/story, I'm more likely to pass it up.
    Totally agree, Major.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

    Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

    Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

  12. #12
    Extraordinary Member Robotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    7,455

    Default

    really wish they would have used her in the Terrifics instead of creating a whole new character.

  13. #13
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    SouthEast Tennessee
    Posts
    2,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    really wish they would have used her in the Terrifics instead of creating a whole new character.
    Was just thinking the same thing myself

  14. #14
    Ultimate Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    19,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    really wish they would have used her in the Terrifics instead of creating a whole new character.
    But we don't know anything about who the "Phantom Girl" that will be in Terrifics will be and whether she has any unique/special abilities or not.
    (And using the "Sandra Knight" character name but changing everything about her past and giving her powers she never had wouldn't make much sense, either.)

  15. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    20,792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But we don't know anything about who the "Phantom Girl" that will be in Terrifics will be and whether she has any unique/special abilities or not.
    (And using the "Sandra Knight" character name but changing everything about her past and giving her powers she never had wouldn't make much sense, either.)
    What does that have to do with using Phantom Lady?

    Who said she'd have to change everything about her past or get powers?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •