Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What does that have to do with using Phantom Lady?

Who said she'd have to change everything about her past or get powers?
    I'm saying that because of a different part of that same answer I gave (which you seemed to have ignored):
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But we don't know anything about who the "Phantom Girl" that will be in Terrifics will be and whether she has any unique/special abilities or not.
    (And using the "Sandra Knight" character name but changing everything about her past and giving her powers she never had wouldn't make much sense, either.)
    So, until we know what special purpose (if any) this "Phantom Girl" will serve on the team, isn't it a little early to say you wish they were using a different character?

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

You're still assuming they would have had to change everything about the character. As you said...we don't know anything...powers or purpose of this Phantom Girl character. When building the team it might have been just as easy to build that power and purpose around Phantom Lady whether she have been Sandra, Stormy or Jennifer Knight or Dee Tyler.
    As for saying one wished they would have used character X over character Y...its a matter of preference for characters and their heritage.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    . . . As for saying one wished they would have used character X over character Y...its a matter of preference for characters and their heritage.
    But when we don't yet know anything about "character Y" beyond a name and a drawing or two, isn't it a little premature to judge if she'll be any good or not?

(And people wonder why it's so hard for new characters to get established and succeed . . .)

So has anyone watched Freedom Fighters The Ray? How was Phantom Lady in that show?

Also, is it possible to integrate all four Phantom Ladies into main continuity?

So has anyone watched Freedom Fighters The Ray?
    Not I.

Also, is it possible to integrate all four Phantom Ladies into main continuity?
    I don't think so at present.

I'm a Stormy Knight fan. Here's hoping she's somewhere in Rebirth or is a returned character to us depending on how the return of the JSA and related GA character concepts are handled. I wouldn't mind a Phantom Lady being on the team as Black Canary is already in the DCU.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I'm a Stormy Knight fan. Here's hoping she's somewhere in Rebirth or is a returned character to us depending on how the return of the JSA and related GA character concepts are handled. I wouldn't mind a Phantom Lady being on the team as Black Canary is already in the DCU.
    A lot of things don't connect here.
    First off, since the Golden Age Phantom Lady (Sandra Knight) wasn't part of the JSA (except for the fact that she was a part of the All-Star Squadron, as were JSA members), bringing back the/a Justice Society may not bring back all Golden Age characters. Also, was there ever any connection between Sandra Knight and Stormy beyond the fact that Stormy used the identity of "Phantom Lady"? I know the second Phantom Lady (Dee Tyler) was at one point a student in France of Sandra Knight and essentially inherited the Phantom Lady identity from Sandra.
    As for a Phantom Lady replacing Black Canary on the Golden Age JSA, that really wouldn't be necessary. The only change a Golden Age Black Canary would need at this point is to probably have her relationship with present-day Black Canary changed (since the Mother / Daughter connection might be stretching things too much as time goes on).

By the way, I did enjoy the use of the original Phantom Lady in the last two issues of the pre-New 52 Birds of Prey series.

(Yeah, the writing and the art could have been better, but it was still a fun story.)

So my ideas of how to handle the Phantom Lady legacy:

• Sandra Knight can be the original Phantom Lady for the main Earth.

• Delilah will be her successor from France. She can serve on the JLI, Global Guardians or whatever international based super team.

• Stormy can be from another universe and be part of a multiverse protection organization.

I'm still not sure of which one, if any, should have super powers.

From Police Comics #2 (September 1941):

to be continued ...

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    From Police Comics #2 (September 1941):

Justified Ancient of MuMu wonderlad's Avatar

From All Star Squadron #26

All Star Squadrom #33

All Star Squadrom #44

Phantom Lady is probably my favorite underutilized character in all of comics.

I like all the versions for the most part but would really like a book with the Sandra Knight version except with powers in modern times. Preferably with some Art Adams or Adam Hughes art.
    Batman - Daredevil

from Freedom Fighters #1 (March-April 1976):

Interesting that Sandra is much more covered up in Police Comics #2 than her later "retroactive" golden age appearances in All Star Squadron. I guess the bikini-stripper look must have first showed up in the Freedom Fighters first Silver Age appearance (JLA 110-ish? 113 maybe?).

I had assumed she always had the more revealing costume that had the 70's sensibility of Mike Grell's Cosmic Boy and Night Girl updates, lol.