Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Apparently Power Pack was a late substitute, and should've been Exiles. I think Cable's storyline, which involves two of the Exiles characters, nixed that one.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/07...nt-pesky-kids/

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Well, that's pretty cool. And who knows, maybe some of those will be popular enough that Marvel might release more issues.

Fantastic Member

i will be getting the darkhark one-shot ang maybe check out Shang-Chi

Can't say any of these ones interest me to much, but it would be nice to see them do something like this every once in a while for their more neglected characters.

hope power pack and maybe dazzler get on-goings

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword is Drawn's Avatar

Might have to pick up the Shang-Chi issue.

But I can't help but think this is the kind of initiative which could have been used o test the water with several more characters or teams.

Naturally I'd have loved to have seen a Captain Britain one-shot. Or one for Death's Head.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

A Blog dedicated to the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I think it would make sense for them to test the waters with these, pick what works and such as that, but I also don't think this is going to be a one-time thing.

We could see things like Captain Britain and Exiles and Excalibur, West Coast Avengers, Avengers Academy, New Warriors with this.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    I think it would make sense for them to test the waters with these, pick what works and such as that, but I also don't think this is going to be a one-time thing.

We could see things like Captain Britain and Exiles and Excalibur, West Coast Avengers, Avengers Academy, New Warriors with this.
    You may be correct about this........in fact, I'm surprised that there weren't a lot more of the 'cancelled' One shots {including those that you've mentioned} being offered from Marvel.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Legacy One-Shot Specials I'd like to see with a Legacy number

Fantastic Four
    Punisher
    Ghost Rider
    Black Widow
    Man-Thing
    Deathlok
    New Warriors
    Hercules
    Sleepwalker
    Carnage

I just assume a Punisher one is coming. He has an ongoing like other books right now and I just expect it to hit a Legacy number one month like Venom just shifted.
    I can't imaging leaving Fantastic Four out of this but I guess they could #FoxStudiosWar
    If you blink at Sleepwalker just remind yourself that Dazzler, Power Pack and Silver Sable are getting a Legacy titled one-shot.
    Last edited by Captain Craig; 07-27-2017 at 09:07 AM.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I might get the Dazzler one for my sisters, lol
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Generation X . Doom Patrol . Super Man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Mister Miracle . Saga . Paper Girls .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post

I continue to be surprised by the lack of miniseries. It's worth exploring. Marvel would then able to produce stories for lesser known characters, without fears of cancellation and such. Sometimes it'd be preferable, rather than pushing a title to a random number of issues with subpar content. I'd totally be interested in an X-Factor, Young Avengers, Excalibur, Psylocke etc. Even if not a full fledged title, it'd be worth having an exploration of said characters, rather than having 10 books about Spider-Man, Deadpool or Wolverine

I'll almost certainly be getting the Dazzler one, especially if my suspicion that Magdalene Visaggio is writing it turns out to be true. I'll probably get the Power Pack one. The rest will depend entirely on creative teams.

I do have to wonder how well Marvel expects these to sell. A lot of the people who grew up on those comics have long since moved away from comics. I mean no disrespect to any of the characters when I say this, but: No one cares about them. No one gives a shit about Darkhawk or Silver Sable. Those comics are not going to sell. Dazzler's got a pretty dedicated cult following, and Power Pack are iconic characters, but the rest? They're characters that people just don't really care about. So I just don't see how Marvel expects to make money with them.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword is Drawn View Post
    Might have to pick up the Shang-Chi issue.

But I can't help but think this is the kind of initiative which could have been used o test the water with several more characters or teams.

Naturally I'd have loved to have seen a Captain Britain one-shot. Or one for Death's Head.
    Captain Britain strikes me as a no-brainer. Too bad they didn't do much for the 40th Anniversary last year.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I continue to be surprised by the lack of miniseries. It's worth exploring. Marvel would then able to produce stories for lesser known characters, without fears of cancellation and such. Sometimes it'd be preferable, rather than pushing a title to a random number of issues with subpar content. I'd totally be interested in an X-Factor, Young Avengers, Excalibur, Psylocke etc. Even if not a full fledged title, it'd be worth having an exploration of said characters, rather than having 10 books about Spider-Man, Deadpool or Wolverine
    Yeah, apart from Kate, I'm not sure the other Young Avengers even know that Cassie is alive again... and with new powers to boot. That's something a one-shot could explore, without disrupting Kate's solo long term.

Excalibur's impossible right now. Literally half the team is half of X-Men Gold. I agree that Brian could do with a solo though.

Mercenary Agent of Wolfram & Hart's Avatar

Darkhawk interests me even though i was never a fan of his original book. Exiles being a part of this would be a dream come true, man I miss that team. Wonder if Exiles #125 includes New Exiles and/or volume 2? The original book ended at 100 right? I'd love it if we could get a legacy Ghost Rider, what number would we be reaching by now including the Blaze runs, the Ketch run and the assorted other Ghost Rider books? Heck there's a lot of books I wish we could see legacy versions of, Fantastic Four & New Warriors should be included at least
    "The preceding announcement has been paid for by the new World order"