Default Maz in Han Solo and Episode 8

She's pretty much been confirmed in Episode 8 (with Lupita doing some motion capture), although she hasn't appeared in any of the production material at all (and the "Canto bight" planet seems to be the film's main "Cantina" scene). Although it's not really mentioned in the final film, she's apparently taken to the resistance base, and is the one handing Leia Luke's lightsaber in the second trailer for TFA. I'm guessing she might be on the resistance ship with Leia that we've seen on some of the pictures and videos from the film.

I wonder if she'll show up in Han Solo as well? The character was established in TFA to be an old friend of Han and Chewie (although it's possible they met her after ROTJ). Of course her being more than 1000 years old (She's only been running her bar/castle for that long according to Han, so she might be even older), she could theoretically show up in any spinoff film, really...(I think it's even implied that she might've been around before the "extinction" of the Sith).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I'd say it's almost a given that she'll feature in the Han Solo movie, but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    She's pretty much been confirmed in Episode 8 (with Lupita doing some motion capture), although she hasn't appeared in any of the production material at all (and the "Canto bight" planet seems to be the film's main "Cantina" scene). Although it's not really mentioned in the final film, she's apparently taken to the resistance base, and is the one handing Leia Luke's lightsaber in the second trailer for TFA. I'm guessing she might be on the resistance ship with Leia that we've seen on some of the pictures and videos from the film.
    Maybe. The novelization did have her comment that she had a bit of a mess to clean up, so she may have stayed on Takodana.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post

I wonder if she'll show up in Han Solo as well? The character was established in TFA to be an old friend of Han and Chewie (although it's possible they met her after ROTJ). Of course her being more than 1000 years old (She's only been running her bar/castle for that long according to Han, so she might be even older), she could theoretically show up in any spinoff film, really...(I think it's even implied that she might've been around before the "extinction" of the Sith).
    I can't say for sure when Han met Maz, but my thinking is between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens. I can't see her being in the Han Solo movie. The movie going to need very good writer to pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapha8 View Post
    I can't say for sure when Han met Maz, but my thinking is between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens. I can't see her being in the Han Solo movie. The movie going to need very good writer to pull it off.
    The canonical Rey's Story novelization of Force Awakens establishes that the last time Han met Maz was 25 years before the movie (the canonical junior novelization further elaborates that Han borrowed money from her that he never paid back). So, that incident was 5 years after Return of the Jedi. The implication seemed to be that they had known each other before that, but there's no further elaboration.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    The canonical Rey's Story novelization of Force Awakens establishes that the last time Han met Maz was 25 years before the movie (the canonical junior novelization further elaborates that Han borrowed money from her that he never paid back). So, that incident was 5 years after Return of the Jedi. The implication seemed to be that they had known each other before that, but there's no further elaboration.
    Yeah, that why the movie going to need a very good writer for the movie. There talk about Vader is and isn't going to be in the movie.

My guessing is will be the worse of all the star wars movies.

The main plot is Han getting the Millennium Falcon from Lando. Put Maz in this too will just over kill the movie. Unless there a good writer.

Why oh why would they get Lupita Nyong...and get her to do motion capture for a Yoda wannabe? I still don't understand the thinking behind that. They could have just given the job to a voiceover actor. What a waste.