Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default secret empire 7 spoilers

Natasha shines for the first half when she tries to prevent miles from killing Steve by detaining him taking on frank who has been tasked by cap to take her out and incapacitating him then the hydra soldiers through mosaic whom she has recruited along with the champions when despite her precautions miles escapes and confonts Steve at the un building steve almost welcomes his impending death saying that they both know how its going to end as he is feeling devastated and lonely after Elisa's death. They fight and Natasha intervenes only to die taking a lethal blow which leads to miles taking him out in a burst of anger but he is talked down by the wasp and Steve is whisked away and demands to bring Sharon to him who tries to kill him even as he tries to get her to sympathisize with him which leadss him to declare war. meanwhile the other rogers turns back the tide against the skull while all the dispirited heroes get a glimpse of the reinvigorating sight of Sam returning as captain america to lead the fight so that the stage is set for the ultimate clash of the two captains to see if hydra cap can take the shield back or Sam will be able to take America back from Steve.

Steve better hope Bucky stays dead.

I can't lie, it was fun to see Miles beat Steve to near death, then watch Sharon get *this close* to killing him.

So we are back to me thinking the story is OK but the art is completely unsuitable for a major event. I found this issue really hard work, identifying who was in the panel, working out what was happening, trying to get a handle on what story the art was supposed to convey.

I like how this issue is backed up by the two cap issues, that are both structured the same and leading to their showdown.

Natasha dying does make me think we will get at least a partial reset at some point. Sure, major characters can be killed and moved off of the board for a while, but this felt a bit flat as a death scene. I guess the functional art didn't help me feel the moment, because on paper it should have worked.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    I can't lie, it was fun to see Miles beat Steve to near death, then watch Sharon get *this close* to killing him.
    Me too. HydraCap is starting to wear thin on me, I'm getting fairly sick of his ingratiating tone and his rather bizarre relationship with Elisa. Thankfully she is gone, at least for now, but his simpering attitude towards all the goodness and righteousness of Hydra is losing its appeal. At one point I was hoping Sharon would successfully just put him out of his misery.

Speaking of Sharon, am I seeing a slow benign neglect of her retirement age by artists? Remender's whole Dimension Z aging thing has really worn out its welcome. We can only hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Steve better hope Bucky stays dead.
    Yes, then there's this, having the Winter Soldier off the table for 7 issues. I truly thought we'd see some type of return for him perhaps in the shadows, taking down the various Hydra lieutenants secretively gnawing away at HydraCap's plans. I wonder just how long he will be off the table?

Why is Mosaic still around? - I was hoping for someone more important but I am curious as to his role.
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    So we are back to me thinking the story is OK but the art is completely unsuitable for a major event. I found this issue really hard work, identifying who was in the panel, working out what was happening, trying to get a handle on what story the art was supposed to convey.
    I love Andrea Sorrentino's art, but he's not a good pick to draw emotional, heavy character moments outside of horror series. They just lack the right punch to work, like in the Carol apologizing scene. Lacks emotional weight it should have.

Also, Publisher's reasons for joining Hydra... sounded like B.S. to me. I mean, this can't be the first time he was offered something like that, right? He just strikes me as the character who wouldn't do that, especially after reading Rucka's run with the character.

Incredible Member

I enjoyed mosaic's solo and like the character, but o feel the reveal was built up so much it was pretty much a let down it was him and not someone more important to Steve or Natasha, I was hoping an older Bucky to be quite honest. As for the Carol apology it was odd she decides to blame all of this on her and I really didn't get anything meaningful from that except second just always wanting to make it about them. Loved the Miles scenes and with how that and the Sharon asassination attempt are sending Steve over the edge. Still curious about this other Steve and skull and where that will lead.

Ultimate Member

And, proof that these writers don't get Frank Castle's character. He'd NEVER join a group like HYDRA, especially not for this reason. He's had chances to do this before, and he's always refused.

Also he ain't that stupid.

Yeah the event really stepped on a couple characters today. Frank's motivation reveal on SE #7 paints him on a better light, but it doesn't really work with established canon. Odinson over at Steve's book took the worst of it though. He's got absolutely no reason to side with Steve: the dialogue reflects even he knows this. Yet we're treated to the gazillionth instance of him being too lost without his hammer, and deprived of self-worth, to have any agency.

Miles' sequence felt wasted on the typical heroic mercy. The one interesting thing is, going by dialogue, Steve totally expected to bite it.. and wasn't he just a bit too eager?

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Yeah the event really stepped on a couple characters today... Steve totally expected to bite it.. and wasn't he just a bit too eager?
    I agree it seemed like he wanted to die when he saw miles, was kind of odd.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Miles' sequence felt wasted on the typical heroic mercy. The one interesting thing is, going by dialogue, Steve totally expected to bite it.. and wasn't he just a bit too eager?
    Steve probably saw his potential death here as making himself into a martyr for his cause.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

BANNED

So that's 2 heroes Miles has screwed over now......Why do we like him again?

Ultimate Member

Oh and spoilers:
    Natasha's death had better be undone by the end of all of this.
    end of spoilers