Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Ok? I know Art is Subjective but Cyborg's Costume Is "Hideous"

Either I am just really getting old and can't appreciate the new design to attract maybe the younger generation...look like a the thing that crashed down on the Royal Ontario Museaum! Clunky, not slick at all...

even with Flash, I'm 50/50..look to plastic but maybe it'll grow on me.

I'm ok with Superman, Batman and Aquaman...I love WW but darker red and blue, otherwise it looks like a nice battle armour but the bright blue and red downplay the bad ass look of the costume.

and I saw a Justice Logo that look like a Hockey logo...good lord, I hope they change that...lol

TT

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

It's not that bad.

BANNED

It's not just you or your age. I'm pretty sure I'm the youngest person on this forum and I don't care for Cyborg's current design at all. At least it's better than the design he had at the start of the Nu52.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    It's not that bad.
    OH yes it is.

That is a waste of CGI.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Yep, it's an overdesigned mess. Which is a shame because he had a relatively decent redesign that was blending his flesh and machine parts together. Just ditch the face plate and I think you got a better design for him.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Retired

I think for Cyborg you need a lot more exposed skin on the arms and legs to make it clear that he's flesh and machine--not just a head on a robot body. It makes him a more compelling character when you can see that he's a person who lost a lot of body parts and had those replaced with high-tech.

Mighty Member

He looks like those robot models on graphic card boxes. He makes me want to benchmark something.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Not a fan of the design really. Very happy with the JL logo though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I think for Cyborg you need a lot more exposed skin on the arms and legs to make it clear that he's flesh and machine--not just a head on a robot body. It makes him a more compelling character when you can see that he's a person who lost a lot of body parts and had those replaced with high-tech.
    Look this character works if it looks like the protag in the Dues Ex series now that is a Cyborg one could get behind...

...or its Iron Man or Blue Beetle where they can armor up and armor off and look mostly human besides Arc Reactor on Chest or Scarab on the back.

This version of cyborg where the face is the only human part to just say see we have a Black Character just doesn't work.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    It's not just you or your age. I'm pretty sure I'm the youngest person on this forum and I don't care for Cyborg's current design at all. At least it's better than the design he had at the start of the Nu52.
    Can't stand any of the new designs/actors (Yes, that logo sucks too) save for Wonder Woman and Batman. Wonder Woman is actually an improvement. DC52 Aquaman's look I liked save for the silly necklace. Real males do not wear jewelry! pffft! But I am of that old fuddy-duddy age.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    Look this character works if it looks like the protag in the Dues Ex series now that is a Cyborg one could get behind...
    Or even Genos from One Punch Man.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Not a fan, it's too Transformer-y to me.

iMan 42s

It's one of the worst designs the DCEU has and I'm not sure if t is better or worse than Enchantress.

It's overly complicated, it's silver so it blends together, the only actor part of it is his face which means the costume itself is not really there, and even then the actor's face got CGI so it's a computer image in total.

They should be doing what Marvel does in this case like with Ironman where the actor wears much of the costume pieces and then gets blended with CGI to fill in what practical FX can't. There is no reason we have to have a cyborg that either can't emote or isn't actually in the shots in this age.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Yep, it's an overdesigned mess. Which is a shame because he had a relatively decent redesign that was blending his flesh and machine parts together. Just ditch the face plate and I think you got a better design for him.
    Thats a good design for later on. For his first outing it makes sense for his suit to be super rough. The thing is just keeping him alive and moving for the most part. His design has gotten better the older he has gotten and the suit learned his preferences, even starting to remake him almost terminator style.

Assume we are talking about DCEU costume, some seem confused. I don't think it's a great costume but i think it is the best we could get, any other design would most likely also look dumb.

Edit:Personally I dislike the flash costume but I can see it is made to match the others looks more.
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown