Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

From what I see:

1. They wanted Damian's team to be perceived as the premiere team between two books but readership picked Titans instead and whatever they had going for the book got overshadowed by the unexpected success of Titans. Both Abnett and Booth said they didn't expect the book to be successful which can be taken as a proof of why Titans doesn't have a solid direction after a year. With this merge, Titans readers will have to read about Damian's TT, the team they REALLY want to push.

2. They are opening a slot for the upcoming Young Justice book.

Like others have said, I'm mostly worried about Wally and characters who will never get a spotlight like Lilith and Garth. Titans had something going for them and now, a potential merge will sideline them again (why have Omen when you have Raven?) I really want to read about Wally and an expansion on the roster will only diminish the spotlight he gets. I hope they know and understand that this sort of move requires Wally to be moved to his own book.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    The older Titans playing babysitter for the younger ones is just an awful idea. It was an awful idea when they tried it before and it will be one again.
    Of the 5 members the Teen Titans have at the moment 3 are anyway traditional members of Dicks team and the new Aqualad seems to be older than Raven and Beastboy, and was in the Young Justice TV show a foundling member of the team so it should be a big problem to put him in with the older Titans.
    The only problem is Damian, who would probably drop out of the team if they merged the books.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Each team should be their own entity, but obviously characters like Beast Boy should be aged up and join their 80s teammates already.
    He was even in the 80s much younger then the rest of the Team so there is not really a need to age him up.

NTT was a hit, the only thing with Titans on it that is has been a runaway success in recent times is the TV show and TTGO! there's an upcoming tv live tv show featuring a line up the public is most familiar with Dick, Kori, Gar and Raven. It makes sense that you sync up or put out a title featuring the most successful line up.

If the merge happens then it should match the upcoming TV and DC should stick to it and stop passing Kori, BB and Raven around.

Mighty Member

Can two bad books combine into a good one? Or would it just be a terrible one? Either way, BB and Raven should have their old connection back and Starfire deserves to be on an adult team.
    Last edited by Alycat; 07-26-2017 at 01:43 PM.

The only reason I read Titans is because of Wally. Abnett has not done a thing with him, though that may not completely be his fault since DC does not want Wally to overshadow Barry. So you merge the books and my first thought is:how the heck are they going to juggle that many characters? Seems like a bad idea.

Personally I don't have a problem with them getting rid of TEEN TITANS.they can take the younger heroes and add them to a YOUNG JUSTICE cast.and STARFIRE could return to the TITANS team.this RAVEN I don't know what her age is but im thinking she's younger than the pre flashpoint RAVEN

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I love Abnett's Titans and have no interest in reading about Damian Wayne, Starfire, or Raven.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

I don't think its a great idea just on the grounds that I don't think they'll be able to not have Damian take focus over everyone else. DC's already displayed an inability to do this already with TT, so I don't have much confidence they'd avoid more bias toward his character in a merged scenario.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I love Abnett's Titans and have no interest in reading about Damian Wayne, Starfire, or Raven.
    Same. They should just rebrand Titans.

Mighty Member

According to Comichron the top selling DC team books for June:

54,047 Justice League*
    40,204 Titans
    38,795 Justice League of America*
    37,642 Suicide Squad*
    36,058 Teen Titans

*higher single issue count of two published in June

From a business perspective, what would be DC's motivation to combine #2 and #5 into a single title? It's very doubtful that there would be 76,262 sales from a combined title. Let's assume it can reach 50,000. Is a single book selling 50,000 better than two books averaging 38,131 between them? The "lesser selling" Teen Titans did outsell the Lantern books, Aquaman, Red Hood and Deathstroke in June.

If synching up with TV is that important, then the Justice League and Justice League of America titles need to be combined and have a roster that matches Justice League Action.

BANNED

Nightwing,Wally,Donna,tempest,Roy,omen,bumblebee,a nd add starfire,raven,and beast boy,that's a 10 person team folks,and if they made it a 2 times a month series that's not bad at all,this would be a great move imo.

Nu Wally is with the Titans "runoff" team Defiance Slade created.

Damian is with Jon in super son's.

Aqualad "should" be on a YJ team with Kon,Tim,Cassie,Bart,Megan, Virgil,Jamie,and a female Archer of their choosing.

That's not crowded,every character gets time to shine (true for sure if the Titans and the YJ books go twice monthly).

Sounds close to perfect to me,sorry you guys can't see that

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    That's only going to last a few issues.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I think Damian and his squad are better off on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by jamgut View Post
    If synching up with TV is that important, then the Justice League and Justice League of America titles need to be combined and have a roster that matches Justice League Action.
    I would not mind that at all, if only because it means they could use pretty much everybody .

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Nightwing,Wally,Donna,tempest,Roy,omen,bumblebee,a nd add starfire,raven,and beast boy,that's a 10 person team folks,and if they made it a 2 times a month series that's not bad at all,this would be a great move imo.

Damian is with Jon in super son's.

Aqualad "should" be on a YJ team with Kon,Tim,Cassie,Bart,Megan, Virgil,Jamie,and a female Archer of their choosing.

That's not crowded,every character gets time to shine (true for sure if the Titans and the YJ books go twice monthly).

Sounds close to perfect to me,sorry you guys can't see that
    If you can convince DC uppers to actually USE those folks.

Aside form Jaime everyone else is MIA. With nonstop excuses about why they can't be seen because they are viewed as threats to others. If none of those guys are on that team no one will care.

It's not enough time for folks to shine if your writer can't do it or your editors don't care to do it.

All that is putting a band aid on a franchise that stays in a mess because the cast folks WANT to see are not used.

Titans should be Dick, Wally, Star, Roy, Raven, Beast, Donna, Garth, Lilith, Malcolm & Bumblee with a rotation of cast.

Teen Brats should be Damian and whatever mess you can dig up for him-make younger versions of Dan Jurdens & GP teens for him.