Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    As long as it means Starfire, Raven and Beast Boy are allowed to have enough self-respect to stop putting up with Damian's abuse I'm in. Damian can keep belittling Jon in their team up book.
    And i don't have to read it. Conversely, damian and jackson are the only reasons i'm reading teen titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Thing is, outside of the Bat-books... no one actually wants this. Dick and Damian can team up in their own books if its that important. but on a team of Titans you'd just end up with one of them being a redundant tag along thats going to absorb far too much page space.
    I disagree. I think it would draw. Its a popular pairing, thats proven to work well when together, and on a team of Titans they'll have a in story purpose that wouldn't be there in their own books.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I disagree. I think it would draw. Its a popular pairing, thats proven to work well when together, and on a team of Titans they'll have a in story purpose that wouldn't be there in their own books.
    I think it would be a draw depending on how well the writer would be able to capture the dynamic.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it would be a draw depending on how well the writer would be able to capture the dynamic.
    True. Very true.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    The New 52 series was only a creative failure, not a sales failure, Grayson is also the product of the Bat office so credit for that too goes to them.
    How good a books sells only matters to DC Comics as a company, the same way a Justin Beiber record selling well is not an indication of it being any good... just that there are that many people who hoped it would be.

It's a draw to people who like the Dick and Damian pairing. To Titan fans however it's a writer/company giving them 2 middle fingers about their faith in rest of the cast since all of the book would be about Dick and his badly trained pitbull.

How good a books sells only matters to DC Comics as a company, the same way a Justin Beiber record selling well is not an indication of it being any good... just that there are that many people who hoped it would be.
    Because you don't like it doesn't mean it was a massive failure. The Nightwing series was certainly disappointing, but a massive failure it was not.

It's a draw to people who like the Dick and Damian pairing. To Titan fans however it's a writer/company giving them 2 middle fingers about their faith in rest of the cast since all of the book would be about Dick and his badly trained pitbull.
    Again though, the book wouldn't become about Dick and Damian. It'd be a feature. Dick and Damian in a book together doesn't inherently mean it becomes about them. If it does, thats at the fault of the writer and their inability to properly manage an ensemble cast.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-27-2017 at 01:20 PM.

BANNED

Because you don't like it doesn't mean it was a massive failure. The Nightwing series was certainly disappointing, but a massive failure it was not.
    Really? Then why did Higgens and whoever else was on it have to do like 3 retakes of it before Grayson was launched?
    Look, its a road movie... wait we have to go back and deal with the Council of Hooters.
    Wee, now we are on tour with the circus... nuts, the Joker is back and he blew up the circus.
    Right I am going to Chicago... and then deliver some cluts in person to Arkham so Superwoman could beat me up...

Again though, the book wouldn't become about Dick and Damian. It'd be a feature. Dick and Damian in a book together doesn't inherently mean it becomes about them. If it does, thats at the fault of the writer and their inability to properly manage an ensemble cast.
    Thats like Scott Snyder saying that he doesn't want or need other books tying into his work... which by now should be considered a dirty lie because everyone gets sucked into those foul-smelling pits whenever they want to or not since thats what always happens.

Really? Then why did Higgens and whoever else was on it have to do like 3 retakes of it before Grayson was launched?
    Look, its a road movie... wait we have to go back and deal with the Council of Hooters.
    Wee, now we are on tour with the circus... nuts, the Joker is back and he blew up the circus.
    Right I am going to Chicago... and then deliver some cluts in person to Arkham so Superwoman could beat me up...
    Because it was put together rather late, and took the popular New 52 approach of lets figure it out as we go. Regardless readership and sales remained consistent. IMO it certainly was creatively disappointing, but it didn't really do any damage to his character and it was hardy the worse stories the character has seen before. Quite frankly it was pretty much as good at the current Titans is quality wise. Calling it a "massive failure" is a blatant exaggeration.

Thats like Scott Snyder saying that he doesn't want or need other books tying into his work... which by now should be considered a dirty lie because everyone gets sucked into those foul-smelling pits whenever they want to or not since thats what always happens.
    What Scott Snyder says is neither here nor there, nevertheless there is nothing inherent about Dick and Damian that it means that they would take over the book. Whether they would or not comes down to the creators on it, and how they would choose to manage the cast. Should Wally be kept out of it too now because they might focus on him too much again.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-27-2017 at 02:38 PM.

BANNED

Because it was put together rather late, and took the popular New 52 approach of lets figure it out as we go. Regardless readership and sales remained consistent. IMO it certainly was creatively disappointing, but it didn't really do any damage to his character and it was hardy the worse stories the character has seen before. Quite frankly it was pretty much as good at the current Titans is quality wise. Calling it a "massive failure" is a blatant exaggeration.
    Calling it other than a failure is an act of denial.

What Scott Snyder says is neither here nor there, nevertheless there is nothing inherent about Dick and Damian that it means that they would take over the book. Whether they would or not comes down to the creators on it, and how they would choose to manage the cast.
    Should Wally be kept out of it too now because they might focus on him too much again.
    Yes it would because those 2 are governed by the Bat-office who dictates what can and can't be done with them, which most writers seem to take as a challenge to do as much with them as humanly possible within those parameters.
    I gave a reply to that earlier on... and the answer is: yes, for as long as he remains disconnected from Barry and the Flash book.
    You don't read Titans to get focused down on characters who could be doing their solo thing elsewhere, you read it to see them interact with other characters on a near-equal level.

Fantastic Member

Honestly if they combine the team's and Dick and Damian are removed I can't say I would still be interested in reading. I dropped off Titans once they decided to do the traitor storyline. And I am still enjoying Teen Titans mainly because of the interactions between the team members. I think if they have to combine I would like to see a new writer completely not one on either book right now. I just can't think of any at DC who could write a group that size.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Combining the teams and getting a better writer on it would actually get me to read it. Too much to hope for Priest?

Re: Dick and Damian: It's worth the risk because that pairing is so great together. Obviously I would not want it to be at the expense of the other characters, but those acting like that's a sure thing are jumping the gun a bit. Those characters are pushed because they sell, it's as simple as that. I wouldn't want it to be at the expense of the likes of Starfire, Donna, Beast Boy, Raven or Wally, but ditching Lilith, Gnaark and Bumblebee would hardly be the worst thing in the world. Dick and the legacy of Robin (which Damian fills, and who's best partner is Grayson) are the glue that holds the Titans team together. It's a no-brainer.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Combining the teams and getting a better writer on it would actually get me to read it. Too much to hope for Priest?

Re: Dick and Damian: It's worth the risk because that pairing is so great together. Obviously I would not want it to be at the expense of the other characters, but those acting like that's a sure thing are jumping the gun a bit. Those characters are pushed because they sell, it's as simple as that. I wouldn't want it to be at the expense of the likes of Starfire, Donna, Beast Boy, Raven or Wally, but ditching Lilith, Gnaark and Bumblebee would hardly be the worst thing in the world. Dick and the legacy of Robin (which Damian fills, and who's best partner is Grayson) are the glue that holds the Titans team together. It's a no-brainer.
    Then put the book under the Bat Office banner.

So everyone can be on the same page.

It's a brianer because you are not going to merge those two and expect comic book stores to order the combined number those book make.

You would see less books ordered and if those first three issues are not done right-you will lose more readers.

The folks who could do that book justice do not work for DC.

They either work on the tv side where Silver Age love does not control everything (yet).

Or work for Marvel, IDW or Titan Comics.

Or they are no longer with us-Dwayne McDuffie.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I think of Priest as an excellent writer but, editorially-mandated or not, his Titans work in Lazarus Contract left a lot to be desired.

It's not a book I think he'd be all that enthused about writing.

BANNED

Calling it other than a failure is an act of denial.

Yes it would because those 2 are governed by the Bat-office who dictates what can and can't be done with them, which most writers seem to take as a challenge to do as much with them as humanly possible within those parameters.
    I gave a reply to that earlier on... and the answer is: yes, for as long as he remains disconnected from Barry and the Flash book.
    You don't read Titans to get focused down on characters who could be doing their solo thing elsewhere, you read it to see them interact with other characters on a near-equal level.
    He called it a creative failure, I called it a creative failure but it was never a sales failure, never. If it was then every DC book below 40K is a massive failure. Either way the Bat office acknowledged its creative failure and rebounded with Grayson. Imagine if they had dumped him with the Titans then, he'd be in the same situation as Tim.

Then DC should just remove them both from the book, problem solved. I dont understand why fans insist on keeping them around but also insist on them not getting anything to do with.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Then put the book under the Bat Office banner.

So everyone can be on the same page.

It's a brianer because you are not going to merge those two and expect comic book stores to order the combined number those book make.

You would see less books ordered and if those first three issues are not done right-you will lose more readers.

The folks who could do that book justice do not work for DC.

They either work on the tv side where Silver Age love does not control everything (yet).

Or work for Marvel, IDW or Titan Comics.

Or they are no longer with us-Dwayne McDuffie.
    Why not put Roy, the Kid Flashes and Aqualads under the banners of Green Arrow, Flash and Aquaman then? if the writers of those books cant be bothered to use these characters then dont use Titans as a home for the unwanted.
    That's exactly the problem with the Titans line now, a whole bunch of unwanted characters have been forced in to a book because DC doesn't have plans for them otherwise. Dick and Damian still hang out with Nightwing so some writer out there atleast uses them because they think it makes their story better unlike Roy and Bumblebee and Lilith and Garth.

And the rest of your post is utterly irrelevant.