Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

What if ...

... Sentry, Miracleman, all of the Hyperions, and Gladiator all enter the Siege Perilous with the understanding that only one of them will come out on the other side, having absorbed the others completely into his being. Who would you like to see emerge?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    It was later said it was sentry andx-man who fought galactus and not really sentry by himself.
    From what i seen normal sentry tapped into the power of void.
    His eyes turn dark and voice change.
    He was not normal sentry.

When i mean normal sentry i am not talking about jenkins book or his power levels in that book,i am talking about power levels he has had for most of the time over the years.You know the time she-hulk smash him into ground,the time when him and heracles fought,the time when anti-man kick his butt,the time when world war hulk and him fought,the time when he was in dark avengers etc..

It's like when i mean superman i am not talking about mid 80's pre-crisis superman.
    To me main universe canon superman would be now rebirth superman.

I don't know what this "normal Sentry" stuff is? Sentry and Void are the same character, same power base. There isn't a "normal" Sentry, there is a Sentry who's power fluxuates.
    Sometimes it seems like the Void personality takes over and allows Sentry to become more powerful. First of all they both draw from the same source, Void is simply less constrained. Bobs anxiety and various mental illnesses/blocks effect how he uses his power so Void may seem more powerful but they are the same character as far as power goes.

If you don't think so then look at all the instances where Sentry and Void fight to a standstill. Actually, after gaining some confidence (or anger) Sentry has beaten Void a few of those times. So the idea that Void is stronger isn't true. Sentry's obvious emotional issues keep his powers in check while Void doesn't seem to suffer from those limitations. But again, they are the same.

Where does it say the X-men helped Sentry with Galactus?

Another thing you are not getting is that Sentry keeps much of his power in check. He states this in WW Hulk and in the 2nd mini series.
    So when She Hulk smashes him he fights back just enough to defend himself. The entire point of that run was to show how emotionally unstable Sentry was and that when pushed past a certain point the Void would emerge (another side of his personality) who had quicker access to his vast power. The Void would then be able to take over and finish the fight.
    The problem with that was the Void was somewhat evil and would use his power in any way it saw fit.

But when the Sentry was confident he was STRONGER than the Void. So your "normal Sentry", if he became fully confident, he could access all of his power which is how he defeated the Void a few times.

Also in Uncanny Avengers Sentry was far stronger than Thor in several ways. Faster, stronger, could not be harmed by physical trauma. Even Odin can't smash his own head to a pulp. It was also implied he was physically as strong as every other hero put together. Rogue absorbed every hero's power set to fly under the Celestial and try to raise him by pushing on his foot. Rogue failed until Sentry pushed on the other foot, suggesting Sentry may be physically as strong as every hero Rogue absorbed, all put together.
    Last edited by joelr; 12-11-2017 at 03:47 AM.

^^^Good post. But in one of the comics X-Man did state he helped Sentry fight Galactus.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KidStranglehold View Post
    ^^^Good post. But in one of the comics X-Man did state he helped Sentry fight Galactus.

Oh, ok. I must have missed that.

I see someone on TV Tropes isn't up to date with their comics. They deleted a note about Sentry coming back in Doctor Strange on the Marvel Legacy page, saying that he came back in Uncanny Avengers #9... but that was volume 1, not volume 3, and he disappeared again in issue 22 - more than three years ago. I've put the note back in, because that certainly counts as an example of The Bus Came Back trope. It's not like he was only gone for a few months, as Janet van Dyne was after Secret Wars until she rejoined the Unity Squad.

Currently Reading:
    MARVEL - Fantastic Four, She-Hulk, Hulk vs Thor: Banner of War
    DC - Batman: Shadow War, Batman: Beyond the White Knight, World's Finest
    Dark Horse Koschei the Deathless in Hell
    Other

Quote Originally Posted by Vault View Post
    Seems likely!

My response to the haters is 'Shh. Let people enjoy things'.

I not want the Void to return. Tired of him. But anyways I am GLAD that Cates respects and LIKES the Sentry character. We can clearly see that in the way he writes the Sentry dialogue which resembles Sentry Vol 2 dialogue. Intelligent but laid back. Not an overgrown man-toddler like Bendis Sentry. I was disappointed that there wasn't much as this was advertised as "Sentry vs Asgard." But anyways I HOPE to see Sentry take on Cul. Because that would be a good fight. Like I said Cates really likes the Sentry but I am curious to what is Sentrys big role Dr Strange keeps mentioning. Do you guys have any ideas of what it may be? Because its very hard to tell at this point.

Thats all I have for now.

Astonishing Member

I do so love the Sentry, and the Void (I mean at the end of the day they are technically the same person).

I always wished they did what the original Sentry mini implied, IE that Sentry himself essentially goes through a cyclical cycle.

And that essentially his canonicity is always going in a cycle in and out of memory. IE He joins the Marvel Heroes, becomes super famous. Has a fall and when the Void looms again they both get sealed away until it begins again anew essentially a Ragnarok ala Thor. It'd explain a fair amount and also be a way of using Sentry in essentially whatever way you want without it seemingly making sense and not needing to.

The best way I've heard it described is 'The Sentry and the Void are both Robert Reynolds but they are not each other.'.

That said, I am eyeing that cover and thinking. At the end of the issue, Doctor Strange declares that he 'feels like a God', and the next issue cover has a clearly Void influenced Stephen Strange. Makes me wonder if Stephen will be generating his /own/ version of the Void, born of the pettiness, jealousy, self doubt, failures and self-hatred that he's experiencing, and saving him from himself is the real reason that Bob is along in the first place.

Well, that and to help him get back his cloak and scaring the pee out of Loki.

Seriously why hasn't the Sentry gotten his own solo? I did some research and BOTH his volumes sold well! His first volume sold from 40k-30k. Which is solid. While his second(which was longer) sold from 77k-30k range!!! This not only shows he can sustain his own series, has his own fanbase and is profitable.

Quote Originally Posted by KidStranglehold View Post
    Seriously why hasn't the Sentry gotten his own solo? I did some research and BOTH his volumes sold well! His first volume sold from 40k-30k. Which is solid. While his second(which was longer) sold from 77k-30k range!!! This not only shows he can sustain his own series, has his own fanbase and is profitable.
    Not to mention he just makes more sense as a solo character. Put him in any team where he's not a main character and he doesn't make sense, he's just too powerful to be sidelined.
    Currently Reading:
    MARVEL - Fantastic Four, She-Hulk, Hulk vs Thor: Banner of War
    DC - Batman: Shadow War, Batman: Beyond the White Knight, World's Finest
    Dark Horse Koschei the Deathless in Hell
    Other

Quote Originally Posted by Vault View Post
    Not to mention he just makes more sense as a solo character. Put him in any team where he's not a main character and he doesn't make sense, he's just too powerful to be sidelined.
    Indeed. He has much more potential as a solo character. Bendis Avengers run showed that he does not work on a team. And this is not just the Sentry but Thor and Hyperion. People who say "Sentry is too 'perfect'", never read his second volume because it showed a very flawed person/hero and the story was very good and had you constantly flipping the pages. The Sentry has a lot of potential for good solo stories that Jenkins never had the chance to finish mind you.

Quote Originally Posted by joelr View Post
    Oh, ok. I must have missed that.