Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I almost forgot, the Superman iOS game is pretty fun too. I'm not big on the mobile/touchscreen controls when trying to simulate a game pad. Though it's still a fun game and the touch controls are really the only strike I'd put against it.

I didn't play through all of JL Heroes, but I thought the game was merely OK as far as getting the Superman experience. It's good as a beat-em-up, but I felt it tried to balance Superman as not being obviously better than the other characters. Compare to that something like Lego Batman 2, which has less advanced game play mechanics, but they were mostly unapologetic about making Superman a clearly better option than most playable characters. There was a joke years ago, I think on IGN, when they called Lego Batman 2 the best Superman video game in a long time. I think that franchise of games aren't really great as far as game play goes, but it has good comedic atmosphere and in ways I feel like it captures the spirit of Superman where technically-superior games might fall short.

Superman really is the mythical unicorn when it comes to making superhero games.

Bite Your Head Off, Man Deathscythe's Avatar

Death and Return is my favorite, followed by Superman Returns. Haven't played the others.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Supposedly "good" Superman isn't in the sequel. It's why I'm reluctant to get the comic.
    Superman is good in that he's top tier. Fun to play with cool looking moves. As a fighting gamer, I really don't care about whatever the story's supposed to be, tbh

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

While the console version of Superman Returns is mostly meh, the GBA version is surprisingly addictive considering it's a Sudoku puzzle-side shooter hybrid game (the GBA version got better reviews than the console versions).
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Superman is good in that he's top tier. Fun to play with cool looking moves. As a fighting gamer, I really don't care about whatever the story's supposed to be, tbh
    While I prefer the Marvel vs. Capcom method of making comic book fighting games (skip the story and just work on the game play elements), I sort of concede that the lack of a meaningful story mode makes the immersion a little weaker when it comes getting into the characters. Also, I'm an old Street Fighter fan and can't quite really be bothered to get into unfamiliar fighting game franchises, so one of the biggest draws for a DC game, fighting or otherwise, would be the cinematics.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by comicstar100 View Post
    Over the years I know the Man of Steel has had many video games, but have any of them been good?
    I am going to list them off

Good or Okay:

Death and Return of Superman for SNES and Sega Genesis

Superman: Countdown to Apokolips for Gameboy Advance

Superman: Shadow of Apokolips for Playstation 2 and Gamecube

Superman Returns for Gamecube, P52 and XBox

Awful:

Superman for Nintendo 64

Superman for Commodore 64

Games with Superman as a playable character:

Lego Batman 2 and Lego Batman 3

Injustice 1 and 2

Injustice mobile

Justice League Heroes

I find it funny that most of the good ones are based off the 90s animated series.