Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

So if she can transfor why not make it painful and she can't keep it long and has to eat human and flesh
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 08-04-2017 at 05:39 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    So if she can transfor why not make it painful and she can't keep it long and has to eat hula flesh
    Because it's not written by Mark Millar.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Because it's not written by Mark Millar.
    I heard the name but what does that have to do with Cheetah?

I heard the name but what does that have to do with Cheetah?
    Millar is known for writing stories that take brutal, perverse, and cynical perspectives on heroism and idealogies. My suggestion of cannibalism to Cheetah's kit can be seen as both brutal and perverse, but primarily unnecessary. Other portrayals of Cheetah have her as a werecat with no problematic transformations.

I want to introduce a more visceral and ruthless understanding of ancient divinities with Cheetah, to contrast the optimistic and affirming spirituality of the Amazons of Themyscira. But that's me, and I'm full of controversial suggestions. That said, I would allow Barbara to utilize divine superpowers in human form, but doing so would hasten her transformations. Let's say she uses superspeed in human form after having choked down some donor blood --instead of a full day, she's now only got 12 hours.

No the idea fits, Cheetah's Rucka wanted power but paid the price and got cursed to eat flesh. If we apply that and change it a bit it still makes sense. She stole ammystic object to become powerful but she did not earn it and so she is cursed. She turns into the cheetah but os cursed with the fact she can never fully turn back human unless she eats flesh or skel thrown else. She has to pay the consequences. Wouldn't that truly make her the antithesis. Diana has mystic powers because she earned them. Cheetah got mystical powers because she stole them. She can't truly go back to her human form unless she kills people and eats them than she can't stay for long. I like that idea.

BANNED

No the idea fits, Cheetah's Rucka wanted power but paid the price and got cursed to eat flesh. If we apply that and change it a bit it still makes sense. She stole ammystic object to become powerful but she did not earn it and so she is cursed. She turns into the cheetah but os cursed with the fact she can never fully turn back human unless she eats flesh or skel thrown else. She has to pay the consequences. Wouldn't that truly make her the antithesis. Diana has mystic powers because she earned them. Cheetah got mystical powers because she stole them. She can't truly go back to her human form unless she kills people and eats them than she can't stay for long. I like that idea.
    It would fit if this was Vertigo, or some horror movie, and not a Wonder Woman comic.

It would fit if this was Vertigo, or some horror movie, and not a Wonder Woman comic.
    Wonder Woman has occasionally used elements found in Vertigo or horror comics though.

Ultimate Member

She's a werebeast essentially. That's already crossing over into horror-style territory in an of itself.

I don't mind some horror in Wonder Woman in juxtaposition to Diana's nature. Cheetah, Circe's Beastiamorphs, Dr. Psycho, Dr. Poison, and Giganta all have some horror qualities.

BANNED

The book has had trace elements of Vertigo for a few years now. Plus the horrifying aspects the gods and their doings might be a good niche to stake out for Diana in a market that's got more than a few characters that's trying to be her one way or another (like Carol Danvers for example).

Plus at the end of the day, the Cheetah, as it is for Barbara, is a curse, it's supposed to be a horrifying example of what it means to incur the anger of a divine being.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I don't mind some horror in Wonder Woman in juxtaposition to Diana's nature. Cheetah, Circe's Beastiamorphs, Dr. Psycho, Dr. Poison, and Giganta all have some horror qualities.
    Giganta? Ehh... thats more cheesy pulp fiction, since a 50ft woman isn't exactly scary unless you are a 60ties actress being paid to be scared of her.

Cheetah could also come across mystical objects that can give her some relief from her curse, not completely but something that makes it easier to control her transform but not all parts of her are gone. Her need to eat should be there. She should be able to use her powers even in human form.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I think, much like Cale, she should make a bargain with Circe and see if the witch can't take some of the edge off the curse. Do a spell that allows Barbara to transform back into human form for brief periods and lose some of the pain/constant hunger, but not lose the curse completely. It would allow her to be more versatile and rely on her wits when in human form, but the horrifying curse should never go away completely.

Barbara's been eating people since the 80s when Karen Berger was editing the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Giganta? Ehh... thats more cheesy pulp fiction, since a 50ft woman isn't exactly scary unless you are a 60ties actress being paid to be scared of her.
    While I agree that Giganta is full on cheesy pulp fiction (and I love her for it), I think if they channeled something like the Female Titan from Attack on Titan, they could get something pretty intimidating.

Granted, the Titans don't encounter someone of Diana's power level...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Barbara's been eating people since the 80s when Karen Berger was editing the book.
    That would be the same Karen Berger who created the Vertigo imprint and before Vertigo can be credited with the existance of Sandman and Moore's Swamp thing?

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    While I agree that Giganta is full on cheesy pulp fiction (and I love her for it), I think if they channeled something like the Female Titan from Attack on Titan, they could get something pretty intimidating.

Granted, the Titans don't encounter someone of Diana's power level...
    I like the idea of giving Giganta strength that is superhuman even at her normal size, not WW or Kryptonian level, but when she makes herself huge.... Well, she then becomes strong enough to smash mountains.

Should Cheetah like in rebirth always crave human flesh? Or should it be more like many of you said if she wants to transform back into her human form she has to eat people. What happens if she were to eat corpses?