Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default MARVEL Developing Action-RPG mobile game With 20th CENTURY FOX

MARVEL Developing Action-RPG mobile game With 20th CENTURY FOX

https://www.newsarama.com/35687-marv...ntury-fox.html

A new Marvel-based action-RPG mobile game is in the works the 20th Century-Fox owned Aftershock game studio.

“Aftershock is creating something special and we are thrilled to finally announce this news,” said Jay Ong, Marvel's Senior VP of Games and Innovation. “The game will be the full package: an exciting storyline, epic moments with Marvel super heroes and super villains, and incredible visuals that truly bring our characters to life. It’s shaping up to be one of our biggest and boldest projects in our mobile portfolio, and we know it will exceed our fans’ expectations.”

Aftershock, which is owned by Fox under its FoxNext Games subsidiary, launched in 2016 with the announcement of a mobile game based on James Cameron's Avatar franchise.

“The Aftershock Los Angeles team, led by Amir Rahimi, is developing an explosive action mobile game set in the Marvel Universe that will feature an innovative game design with stunning graphics," said Aaron Loeb, FoxNext Games' President of Studios. “To team up with Marvel on our first game at FoxNext Games is a dream partnership."

No release date for the game was given.

I hope Gambit will be in it and it will be possible to get this character. Becuase it is impossible to win him from Crystals in Contest of Champions.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    MARVEL Developing Action-RPG mobile game With 20th CENTURY FOX

https://www.newsarama.com/35687-marv...ntury-fox.html

A new Marvel-based action-RPG mobile game is in the works the 20th Century-Fox owned Aftershock game studio.

“Aftershock is creating something special and we are thrilled to finally announce this news,” said Jay Ong, Marvel's Senior VP of Games and Innovation. “The game will be the full package: an exciting storyline, epic moments with Marvel super heroes and super villains, and incredible visuals that truly bring our characters to life. It’s shaping up to be one of our biggest and boldest projects in our mobile portfolio, and we know it will exceed our fans’ expectations.”

Aftershock, which is owned by Fox under its FoxNext Games subsidiary, launched in 2016 with the announcement of a mobile game based on James Cameron's Avatar franchise.

“The Aftershock Los Angeles team, led by Amir Rahimi, is developing an explosive action mobile game set in the Marvel Universe that will feature an innovative game design with stunning graphics," said Aaron Loeb, FoxNext Games' President of Studios. “To team up with Marvel on our first game at FoxNext Games is a dream partnership."

No release date for the game was given.
    Intriguing news, but just because it's being developed with a studio owned by Fox doesn't mean it'll involve X-men or F4 character. We already saw Marvel Heroes purge the F4 and Silver Surfer from its game. I wouldn't be too surprised if this did something similar. A few years back, Disney decided that producing its own games just wasn't feasible anymore. They've been relying on third party developers a lot more in recent years. That's why Square Enix got involved. Aftershock might just be another company Marvel and Disney are using to outsource the game-making process. Until we know more, I'm not going to get too excited and just stick with Marvel Heroes.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Astonishing Member

Please let there be x-men in this

Marvel already has a RPG style game in the form of Marvel Future Fight right?
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

Better be some X-Men in it.

Incredible Member Victorian_Soul's Avatar

It better be an X-Men Legends/Ultimate Alliance type of game

It looks completely like an Avengers game so far, but who knows. Hopefully we do get some X-Men characters though
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Victorian_Soul View Post
    It better be an X-Men Legends/Ultimate Alliance type of game
    Would be cool!

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Wouldn't be surprised if X-men/FF are still aren't in this.

I'd buy it immediately if it was an X-Men only game.

Ahh Idk why I just noticed it said that Marvel and Fox are partnering up...BINCH
    We are def getting the X-Men
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

If Fox is involved, then I think Polaris actually has a chance of at least showing up, between Gifted and the DOFP mobile game from a couple years ago.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

I'm surprised they're doing yet another mobile game, given Marvel Future Fight, Avengers Academy, Contest of Champions and Puzzle Quest already exist.

The day we get a fully fledged X-Men game I will lose my mind. Naughty Dog as the developer would be my dream.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

great. another ankle deep mobile game.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.