Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Anybody called these the Cavengers yet?
    Not that I've seen, but I second the motion. Coinage credit to ChrisIII.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

YAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWN! No sale.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Mighty Member

I think this whole idea is too absurd even for me, but it makes sense in this being the way Reed and Franklin recreated the universe as opposed to it always being this way.

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    I think this whole idea is too absurd even for me, but it makes sense in this being the way Reed and Franklin recreated the universe as opposed to it always being this way.
    Actually, this would be kind of fun if the 1,000,000 B.C. was essentially Franklin playing with action figures to recreate the history of the MU. It seems like a very early grade school age concept of pre-written record history. Too bad they didn't get the Axe Cop kid to write it.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dot View Post
    So what will Ghost Rider 1,000,000 B.C. actually ride? A flaming wheel? T-Rex or mammoth on fire?
    I vote Smilodon. Maybe a Terror Bird, except I think they went extinct too long ago. But they are badass.

As for the 1,000,000 BC thing, yeah, doesn't make sense for anatomically modern looking humans, (try 200,000 years) so not really sure why they went with that.

Really, 100,000 BC would have still given us a nice round number, and would have made a lot more historical sense.

But oh well, I still think the concept is fun. I am not getting the whole 'kiddie' vibe that some people are going on about. It is well established that some of these legacies go back many thousands of years, why would they have not teamed up at some point?
    Last edited by Raye; 07-28-2017 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    I vote Smilodon. Maybe a Terror Bird, except I think they went extinct too long ago. But they are badass.

As for the 1,000,000 BC thing, yeah, doesn't make sense for anatomically modern looking humans, (try 200,000 years) so not really sure why they went with that.

Really, 100,000 BC would have still given us a nice round number, and would have made a lot more historical sense.

But oh well, I still think the concept is fun. I am not getting the whole 'kiddie' vibe that some people are going on about. It is well established that some of these legacies go back many thousands of years, why would they have not teamed up at some point?
    For me it's just because of the weird 1,000,000 bc number and because the current creator of the MU is, well, a kid. So if this is Franklin as a child saying 'At the dawn of time A MILLION YEARS AGO Black Panther, Iron Fist, Pheonix, Ghost Rider, and Agamotto joined forces..." that concept works for me since basically he gets to make the rules.
    Pull List:

I just don't see that as an inherently kiddie concept. If there was a threat big enough, and it is already established that most of these characters legacies were around back then, why would they not team up? yeah, the million figure is odd, but really, that's the only thing off about it to me. And reading through the thread, some people have mentioned that maybe the human-looking ones are actually Eternals, which does actually fit established Marvel continuity. The fact that Star Brand looks like a (really, really beefy, but still) caveman but the others don't kinda fits this.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post

I suspect this date is chosen as the best time that the earliest human ancestors could potentially have been interacting with Cthon. Presumably these characters will be part of The Wanderers. Who have always seemed far more human than the peoples of our world at that time. See the backup stories of The Saga of the Serpent Crown in the Atlantis Attacks annuals of 1989 (A story I am certain Aaron has been using for inspiration and continuity, in his Thor stories).

The Uncanny X-Men Annual V1970.jpg

Serpent in the Garden by Sanderson, Bagley & Vosburg, X-Men Annual 13, 1989
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 07-28-2017 at 09:24 AM.

Am I the only one who thinks Starbrand looks like the Hulk?
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

This is going to be a fun story! Really excited about what is enstore for these characters and the potential effect they will have on their modern counter parts!

Not sure why so many are hung up on the date/timeline though. Most the stuff mentioned is mostly therotical with several opposing and competing views. The exact science/date of when man first walked the earth in a maner that the charcters in this story are will never be concret. Just enjoy the story.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    So...is the dialogue just going to be a bunch of grunting and pointing?
    Just like everything else about this, I fully expect their dialogue to be thoroughly modern and peppered with anachronistic expressions and quips.

Spectacular Member

Marvel: Hey Fans we're going to be launching a new Avengers titled Avengers 1,000,000 BC!!!

Fans: Why?!?

Still waiting to see what will break the internet...

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

The original Phoenix looks like Jean Grey. At this point they should just retcon to always being part of her instead of some cosmic bird

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhudrew View Post
    Just like everything else about this, I fully expect their dialogue to be thoroughly modern and peppered with anachronistic expressions and quips.
    "Zug-zug, zugga zug-ugga-ug, zug zugga."

Which, of course, translates to:

"We need to save the world! But first, lemme take a selfie!"