Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    I didn't realize Jason Aaron was writing this book. Imo, his run on Ghost Rider ought to be heralded as a modern classic. Now that I know Aaron and Ghost Rider are together again, I'm actually interested.
    Me too. I liked Aaron's run on Ghost Rider and something tells me he had a lot of say in having Ghost Rider on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    I'm looking forward to reading this (fan of heroic characters in eras that haven't been heavily explored before, like Joe Kelly's League of Ancients from his JLA run), though I'm hoping the 1000000 BC title is just easily-recognizable/digestible marketing, rather than the actual time this takes place.

The only issue I have is that every character featured has a direct tie of one kind or another to a current hero. I get that it's called Marvel Legacy, but it'd be cool to see some original figures who don't (yet) have modern-day contemporaries. But then you create some, and you could consider yourself looking forward vs. looking back.
    For me, I like that. The more I think about it, the more I enjoy the idea that these legacies are a million years old. My only concern is how it will tie together. There is a huge gap of time between 1,000,000 B.C. Black Panther and Iron Fist and the traditional progenitors of these legacies. I wouldn't want Aaron to keep that ambiguous. For instance, I want to see how this female Iron Fist directly ties to Quan Yaozu, the first historically recorded Iron Fist.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    I quite like the idea fans suggested on an earlier thread that this may mirror the Avengers roster in the book after Waid has wrapped up his run with modern counterparts, that would be a roster I'd be interested in. I could also see whoever the ancient Avengers big bad is being the villain for an event with that being the impetus for the modern versions of those characters uniting their teams.
    If that happens, if nothing else we'd have T'Challa on an official Avengers team again for the first time in forever.

Probably the most best thing I can see coming out of it as aside from what would probably be a very kooky Avengers roster in the modern day.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    no sir, I don't like it. this is the best that the new marvel has to offer?
    I don't get it, either. But I guess someone likes it.

BANNED

this will be judged by whether it's as good as DC One Million. (although DC's series was in the other direction timewise obvs)

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BFF View Post
    this will be judged by whether it's as good as DC One Million. (although DC's series was in the other direction timewise obvs)
    I doubt it. Those were basically elseworld stories, this is intended to be closer to a mix between Hickman's SHIELD and DC's Rebirth. In a way, it has higher and lower expectations. It has to have more of an impact than DC One Million, but quality (which varied, imo) might not have to be as good as the best of it.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Ohhh yeah, I totally forgot about the child's prayer thing. I'm still betting my money on Franklin Richards being involved in this.

BANNED

They should have included Ayesha who was a sorceress supereme or Ashake who was an egyptian sorceress, who also has white hair and blue eyes like Storm.

Ashake images

or why not put RogueStorm instead.

Last edited by RLAAMJR.; 07-29-2017 at 05:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    What is fun about it?

I miss the time where we could just have a story and it not be ramificrazy - just tell a decent story, it doesnt need to be 'the next big thing' or whatever
    This is the launch of the new initiative, so your wish is somewhat misguided here. This by necessity has to have ramifications. Otherwise there is no reason to tell the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    I quite like the idea fans suggested on an earlier thread that this may mirror the Avengers roster in the book after Waid has wrapped up his run with modern counterparts, that would be a roster I'd be interested in. I could also see whoever the ancient Avengers big bad is being the villain for an event with that being the impetus for the modern versions of those characters uniting their teams.
    Yep, that has been my hope from the first time i heard of it, and the members were teased. I mean you could just say that ANY Avengers team is in a sense a legacy of the first time a bunch of super powered beings teamed up to defeat a big threat... but that is not nearly as fun or interesting, imo. And then calling the initiative "Legacy" doesnt make as much sense.

What is kind of interesting about the possible modern version is that some the members would either be non-standard choices, or they are not up to their full potential for a variety of reasons. Currently 3 Thors to choose from, and if it ends up being Odinson, then he is not in a great place emotionally, and may not yet have Mjolnir back. We know from solicits that Loki will be the Sorcerer Supreme for at least a little while,and most likely will be when the book starts, unless Strange gets the title back in like, 3 issues, which would be underwhelming. (I have a hunch he may actually be arranging the modern team, based on some things Aaron said, and how the medieval Avengers were teased in Thor) or if it is Strange, he is severely underpowered at the moment. Jean is fighting against being the host for the Phoenix, and if it does happen, when this book starts she will be very new to it. We know from Hickman's run that the Star Brand this time round went to the wrong dude... so you have this team of mostly very powerful legacies, but a bunch of them are either powered down or are inexperienced in their roles.
    Last edited by Raye; 07-29-2017 at 03:56 AM.

BANNED

The Ghost Rider design is just too cool. All the other ones are good but Ghost Rider on a flaming woolly mammoth is just over the top amazing. I can only imagine how great it's going to look when Ribic draws it. Very stoked for this.
    Last edited by Prof. Warren; 07-29-2017 at 04:50 AM.

At first I was kind of interested, then I saw Ghost Rider and his flaming Mammoth and im like sold. Too cool.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-29-2017 at 02:37 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    This is the launch of the new initiative, so your wish is somewhat misguided here. This by necessity has to have ramifications. Otherwise there is no reason to tell the story.
    Yes. Also the cry of "just tell good stories!" makes the assumption that big stories that impact the larger shared universe can't also be good. Also, it's a desire based in denial. When fans express a wish that comics would just go back to being largely self-contained with little or nothing driving the larger shared universe it ignores the fact that the industry would likely collapse if that were to happen.

Older fans pine for the days when they bought comics off the spinner racks at 7-11 or whatever and they want it to be like that again but as ideal as that simpler time may have seemed to fans, the truth is the industry was headed towards extinction back then. The wish shouldn't be for events and reboots and so on to go away but to just have them be good and thoughtfully executed and - hopefully - sparingly used.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    They should have included Ayesha who was a sorceress supereme or Ashake who was an egyptian sorceress, who also has white hair and blue eyes like Storm.

Ashake images

*snipped images*

While it is possible they could appear in the one shot in a later incarnation of the team, (it will not be focused entirely on this team, they have said it will move forward through time showing different teams, presumably al primarily made up of these same legacies. Though given the push, i am guessing this one will get more panel time than the others) none of those characters were around in pre historic times, let alone a million years ago. I mean, this was before Thor was even born, hence them using Odin. So, why on earth would they be on THIS particular version of the team?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    What is fun about it?

I miss the time where we could just have a story and it not be ramificrazy - just tell a decent story, it doesnt need to be 'the next big thing' or whatever
    You mean 2017? Because I am pretty sure like 99% of the stories Marvel published this year (and every year before) were self-contained without ramifications for the rest of MU. Civil War II had some ramifications (and mainly for Captain Marvel, Iron Man and Hawkeye) IvX had for X-Men and Inumans, and SE will probably have ramifications mainly for Captain American, and I think that's that. It's maybe a total of 20 books, and in the span of time they were published at 70 title per month I guess other 540 books had self-contained stories.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post

Ashake images

Ashake is not that old... Blessed by Oshtur or not, she is still human who lives in Ancient Egyptian which is thousands of years ago, not a million years ago.