Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Guy View Post
    Contrary to Marvel's wishes, it really seems that the Peter/Mary Jane fans have increased over the years rather than decreased.
    What indication is there of an increase?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Being brutally honest, at least on the fanfiction sites where I frequently post and read stories Peter/Gwen seems a more popular pairing choice among fans than Peter/MJ.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Products like Renew Your Vows existing and doing well financially and the fact that the pro-marriage side actually seems more vocal than past years. I admittedly don't have any concrete evidence for my claim; I'm just pointing out what I've seen. While I can't give proof positive that there has been an increase, it's remarkable how popular it still is among so many fans.

BANNED

Products like Renew Your Vows existing and doing well financially and the fact that the pro-marriage side actually seems more vocal than past years. I admittedly don't have any concrete evidence for my claim; I'm just pointing out what I've seen. While I can't give proof positive that there has been an increase, it's remarkable how popular it still is among so many fans.
    I am sorry but how is it a fact that the pro-marrige side is more vocal now? How do you figure that? I say that atleast on this site its not really a difference. Around the time of OMIT forinstance there was a whole lot of more posters being active about it. A lot of posters who has since been banned to. Thats how it usually is. I certaintly dont see any evidence that they are more active now then OMIT, around issue 600 when she returned or the beginning of Superior where a whole bunch of people where completely sure Spock would sleep with MJ while in Peter's body and thereby essentially rape her.

Quote Originally Posted by Bor View Post
    I am sorry but how is it a fact that the pro-marrige side is more vocal now? How do you figure that? I say that atleast on this site its not really a difference. Around the time of OMIT forinstance there was a whole lot of more posters being active about it. A lot of posters who has since been banned to. Thats how it usually is. I certaintly dont see any evidence that they are more active now then OMIT, around issue 600 when she returned or the beginning of Superior where a whole bunch of people where completely sure Spock would sleep with MJ while in Peter's body and thereby essentially rape her.
    If marriage fans have become more vocal recently, the RYV series could be a factor. Regardless of how it was intended by Marvel and what the long-term plans for 616 are, I suspect a lot of that demographic see it as blood in the water for the OMD status quo.

Conversely, I would be careful when labeling something like this as a rise in popularity. First of all, the loudest voices aren't always the majority. Secondly, factions within fanbases that are opposed to the direction of a franchise can easily create echo chambers and/or mistakenly assume that they speak for the majority (I've seen a lot of these groups say things along the lines of: "The creators know that the fans want [whatever agenda the group wants]").

BANNED

From what I've observed, marriage fans actually seem more vocal now then they have been in years past. I attribute a lot of that to the current popularity of Renew Your Vows.

Admittedly, I jumped the gun a bit when making that claim. Usually, I provide links as evidence to support my claims, but since I actually can't prove that, my original statement probably can't be taken at complete face value. While there are still a lot of Spider-Man fans who support the marriage, it was premature of me to say that they've increased in recent years.
    Last edited by Masked Guy; 08-03-2017 at 12:12 AM.

BANNED

From what I've observed, marriage fans actually seem more vocal now then they have been in years past. I attribute a lot of that to the current popularity of Renew Your Vows.
    Again I have to ask: What or where is it that you have observed this? I am not saying you are wrong but where do you get this idea from? If its on this site I must disagree since I dont think there really as been any major difference. Neither on other sites like comicvine,or stuff like that. And crawlspace, well they seem to be vocal, but then again I dont think the members on that site has ever been particularly silent on this topic at all.
    Sure there is a favebook site or whatever, but then again there was that change.orc some people tried to make a couple of years ago to.
    I really dont see any change at all. They complain, but not more or less then they have done so pretty much from OMD happened with a couple of quite perioed once in a while.

Edit: Okay fair enough. You made that change after I read your original post so I didnt see that untill afterwards.

BANNED

Again I have to ask: What or where is it that you have observed this? I am not saying you are wrong but where do you get this idea from? If its on this site I must disagree since I dont think there really as been any major difference. Neither on other sites like comicvine,or stuff like that. And crawlspace, well they seem to be vocal, but then again I dont think the members on that site has ever been particularly silent on this topic at all.
    Sure there is a favebook site or whatever, but then again there was that change.orc some people tried to make a couple of years ago to.
    I really dont see any change at all. They complain, but not more or less then they have done so pretty much from OMD happened with a couple of quite perioed once in a while.

Edit: Okay fair enough. You made that change after I read your original post so I didnt see thta untill afterwards.
    I've added to my above comment.

It's still popular, but is it less popular than when there were 1,000 page discussions on it? And is Renew Your Vows doing better now than it would be doing seven years ago?

The specific thing I looked at was whether there's an increase in Peter/ MJ fans.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

It's still popular, but is it less popular than when there were 1,000 page discussions on it? And is Renew Your Vows doing better now than it would be doing seven years ago?

The specific thing I looked at was whether there's an increase in Peter/ MJ fans.
    I previously addressed that.

It does seem like there's been a lot of anti-OMD threads/threads shifting to OMD (and the good/bad of it) here lately. Does that count?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    It does seem like there's been a lot of anti-OMD threads/threads shifting to OMD (and the good/bad of it) here lately. Does that count?
    As mets said there been plenty of that before. I really dont see how there is more anti-omd going on now then before. The pro-marrige crowd haa been pretty consistent in their complains.

Mighty Member

As mets said there been plenty of that before. I really dont see how there is more anti-omd going on now then before. The pro-marrige crowd haa been pretty consistent in their complains.
    Complaints are useless. I don't even bother with that crap.
    I haven't been complaining about that stuff since One More Day.

After 10 years of no Peter-Mary Jane marriage nor any type of romantic relationship, I am definitely fed up.
    It was reading Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows ongoing series as well as the old Spider-Man comic books (including especially the marriage years) that have reignited my desire for Peter and Mary Jane to be reunited.

Instead of complaining, I want to fight for what I and many other fans want.

That's why I created the fan page.

I am 45 years old, and I have liked the Peter-Mary Jane pairing since the 70s.
    Last edited by Starrius; 08-04-2017 at 12:18 PM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

To add to that, there may be more activity in general right now, but I think that's largely due to other circumstances (Homecoming, and speculation about Legacy.) And the people who come for that stay for discussions about the marriage.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

To add to that, there may be more activity in general right now, but I think that's largely due to other circumstances (Homecoming, and speculation about Legacy.) And the people who come for that stay for discussions about the marriage.
    Why Homecoming? In regards to that movie, I'm more interested in Liz Allen coming back than whether Mary Jane (or a variation of the character) appears.