Default Doctor Doom vs Darkseid

The terrifying titans from the mind of Jack Kirby enter the arena (standard rumbles settings):

It's a series of matches:

Original Dr. Doom vs Original Darkseid

Classic (mid 1970s - mid1980s) Dr. Doom vs Pre-COIE Darkseid (same time period)

1990s - 2000s Dr. Doom vs 1990s - 2000s Darkseid

Current Dr. Doom vs Current Darkseid

Composite Dr. Doom vs Composite Darkseid

Who wins this Best-of-5 match-up?

Make it a prep battle and it becomes a lot more interesting, otherwise Darkseid is too much for Doom for the most part (and certainly wins overall in this best of 5 setup).

In general, everything Dr. Doom can do, Darkseid can do better.

BANNED

if dooms armour can analyze and store the omega energy or tap into the source then he could drain darkseid also just like he did with the silver surfer.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    if dooms armour can analyze and store the omega energy or tap into the source then he could drain darkseid also just like he did with the silver surfer.
    Well, he better be doing that while a pre-COIE crushes Doom's head and armor with his bare hands.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

I'd say with one sided prep he can certainly take 90s go 2000s Darkseid, which is his weakest period. The other versions of Darkseid are preeeeetty uber though. And with prep on both sides, New Gods tech probably equals out with Doom.

I think Doom might be able to take 'hide in a barn, bleed marshmallow fluff' Darkseid without prep. Aside from that he's going to need serious one sided prep to make this a fight.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    I think Doom might be able to take 'hide in a barn, bleed marshmallow fluff' Darkseid without prep. Aside from that he's going to need serious one sided prep to make this a fight.
    Even that version is still a roughly Superman level brick with esoteric abilities ranging from time dumping to transmutation, and a nebulous degree of speed. I'd say he probably peels Doom out of the armor eventually.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Well, composite Doom would include PR Beyonder and a number of other truly ludicrous level beings, and thus its a stomp in his favor. All of the others go to Darkseid unless Doom has prep.

Astonishing Member

About stealing energy and power - the Great Darkness Saga DS can do that in spades - he drained Mordru and the Time Trapper (later fudged over) and other sources. For prep - he brings Kryptonian and OA guardian clones plus 3 billion Daxamites. Doom has to be full Beyonder to deal with that. Current DS or two - didn't he drain old gods to become DS after being just a dumb farmer (a stupid origin, IMHO).

Wait, I don't see why Doom wouldn't beat Post Crisis Darkseid with or without prep. Doom should be able to hurt the guy and or figure something out to take him down, if only for a ten count. With both having prep, I don't see how doom wouldn't smash him.

Astonishing Member

Only having Beyonder powers saves Doom. Unless you go for the good ol' Bats, Doom, Reed prep mantra that allows them to do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    Wait, I don't see why Doom wouldn't beat Post Crisis Darkseid with or without prep. Doom should be able to hurt the guy and or figure something out to take him down, if only for a ten count. With both having prep, I don't see how doom wouldn't smash him.
    Again, Darkseid is still a Superman level brick with versatility approaching a Lantern, even at his low ebb. He's in a pretty similar space to Thor in terms of powerset. That feels... A little above Doom sans prep.

With prep on both sides, Apokalips and New Genesis have perhaps the most advanced teleportation tech in the universe, weapons which destroy stars and rip open black holes, and devices which reboot the universe. Tech aside, Darkseid has an entire planet to Doom's country, including an army of parademons which can swamp the entire earth with mooks.

It isn't that I find it impossible for Doom to win against post crisis Darkseid... I just don't find it super likely.