View Poll Results: Should DC bring back Kal-L?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 60.00%
  • No

14 31.11%
  • Don't care

4 8.89%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Incredible Member suemorphplus209's Avatar
    Someplace where there's many, many, trees...

I am just going to say no. I guess that maybe I am not a continuity nitpicker, but after what they do with him, the only thing I could see them doing is taking additional dumps on Kal-L if they brought him back. I mean, are people gluttons for punishment after that stupid beatdown by the most idiotic character ever (Superboy Prime), then he came back to life as evil Black Lantern. At this point, all I feel like doing is having him stay dead.
    Currently Following: Batman, Detective Comics, Dark Knight 3, Flash, Amazing Spider-Man, Multiversity, Spider-Man, X-Men

BRING BACK THE OLD WOLVERINE!!!

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But that doesn't mean they plan to / want to / intend to.

I think the excuses that Geoff Johns had / still has plans for something all these years later are a bit of wishful thinking and may likely have no basis in reality. I'm guessing it's more likely that Johns has definitely moved on.
    (And I should add that I hope he's moved on, considering how he thought it would be an "improvement" to change Barry's back story so radically when we got Flash: Rebirth and Johns decided dead parents are soooooooooooo much better that everybody needs at least one.)
    Hey, it's all speculation and wishful thinking all round

We're just hoping for different outcomes.

I personally think Geoff Johns is a great writer, which was on full-display in Rebirth. He's had his share of missteps, but what writer hasn't? The important thing is he loves the DCU so much he will want to give the original Superman his due.

I totally understand people being wary of Geoff getting another crack at the character given Infinite Crisis and Blackest Night, but I am optimistic it'll be worth the journey.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Hey, it's all speculation and wishful thinking all round
    More like a wet dream.

And, honestly, I haven't enjoyed an entire story arc by Geoff Johns in years. (Then again, I've avoided buying stuff he's written for the past several years. When I did try something, I usually ended up regretting it.)

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by suemorphplus209 View Post
    I am just going to say no. I guess that maybe I am not a continuity nitpicker, but after what they do with him, the only thing I could see them doing is taking additional dumps on Kal-L if they brought him back. I mean, are people gluttons for punishment after that stupid beatdown by the most idiotic character ever (Superboy Prime), then he came back to life as evil Black Lantern. At this point, all I feel like doing is having him stay dead.

In a way, Superboy Prime is as much a victim of bad editorial as Kal-L was. In COIE he was a good kid who just wanted to help. Now he's become some meta stand in for fans that DC doesn't like. Both deserved better than they got.
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But that doesn't mean they plan to / want to / intend to.

I think the excuses that Geoff Johns had / still has plans for something all these years later are a bit of wishful thinking and may likely have no basis in reality. I'm guessing it's more likely that Johns has definitely moved on.
    (And I should add that I hope he's moved on, considering how he thought it would be an "improvement" to change Barry's back story so radically when we got Flash: Rebirth and Johns decided dead parents are soooooooooooo much better that everybody needs at least one.)
    Johns reputation is definitely overrated. Not every character needs to have tragedy be their primary motivation. Did anyone still care by 2003 who Superboy's human donor was? Getting struck by lightening and getting super-speed isn't enough reason to become a super-hero? Getting selected by an alien police force isn't a cool enough origin? Why does everyone have to be Spider-Man? And SO was just a mess all around. It tried too hard to be everything to everyone.
    Assassinate Putin!