Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Nighthawk Appreciation

Lets give the Nighthawks of the MU some love!

Nighthawks.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Geek Mangacomic View Post
    Lets give the Nighthawks of the MU some love!

Nighthawks.jpg
    I enjoyed David Walker's run.

BANNED

Hopefully someone picks up where James Robinson left off with Kyle being abducted by Skrulls. Or see 616 Kyle again.

Incredible Member

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing it would be like the MCU revealing Wong as a Skrull and then never have him show up again without any explanation WHY he was a Skrull in the first place.

I hate that they unceremoniously killed off the alternate Nighthawk off-panel and gave such a weak reason why he died. This is a crazy prepared hero. No way he'd just let himself be gunned down in his civilian identity.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I hate that they unceremoniously killed off the alternate Nighthawk off-panel and gave such a weak reason why he died. This is a crazy prepared hero. No way he'd just let himself be gunned down in his civilian identity.
    Well that's Occupy Avengers in a nutshell for you. Unceremonious & Weak. I mean I wasn't even a giant fan of Supreme Powers Nighthawk (blame Tumblr) & went out thinking he deserved better then being in that piece of **** series.

I've been trying not to think about it. but they butchered and killed off my favorite Nighthawk; the one w/ the most potential, imo. Tilda is a fine character, in her own right. but that's the point. she's already a fine character; wasn't in need of fixing or alteration. what they did was as stupid as making Victor Von Doom into Iron Man, imo. Supreme Power Nighthawk had an interesting and unique story that they could have exploited. he and Nightshade were, also, better together. now I don't care about any of them; unless they somehow unbungle Joaquin Pennysworth (the other black Nighthawk).

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I've been trying not to think about it. but they butchered and killed off my favorite Nighthawk; the one w/ the most potential, imo. Tilda is a fine character, in her own right. but that's the point. she's already a fine character; wasn't in need of fixing or alteration. what they did was as stupid as making Victor Von Doom into Iron Man, imo. Supreme Power Nighthawk had an interesting and unique story that they could have exploited. he and Nightshade were, also, better together. now I don't care about any of them; unless they somehow unbungle Joaquin Pennysworth (the other black Nighthawk).
    What makes it even worse for me is it's practically a slap in the face when it comes to them talking about diversity. Here they have an interesting Black character who has tons of potential that can be explored given his personality and being in a universe not his own but instead they kill him off-panel in a tie-in and with the reason sited as being because he was Black. It's terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    What makes it even worse for me is it's practically a slap in the face when it comes to them talking about diversity. Here they have an interesting Black character who has tons of potential that can be explored given his personality and being in a universe not his own but instead they kill him off-panel in a tie-in and with the reason sited as being because he was Black. It's terrible.
    I'm just surprised that they would do it in a title that wasn't widely read; off-panel. it's like they were embarrassed of the character (same w/ the 616 Kyle Richmond, too). oh well. i'll wait and see what they do next.

His comic being cancelled might as well of been the equivalent to being killed. Are the rest of the squad on a team?

He is not quite killed off panel. He is shot in the opening pages. I didn't realize until after the nightshade reveal and read it again.

I wonder what happened to his company. you'd think it'd be bigger news; CEO shot and killed.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ1107 View Post
    Well that's Occupy Avengers in a nutshell for you. Unceremonious & Weak. I mean I wasn't even a giant fan of Supreme Powers Nighthawk (blame Tumblr) & went out thinking he deserved better then being in that piece of **** series.
    I hate that series tbh.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I enjoyed David Walker's run.

Same

10 characters

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    Same

10 characters
    Did you notice his sky cycle was similar to Hudlins BP. I was hoping for a Chicago team up with them both using theirs.

BANNED

I enjoyed DavidWalker's Power Man and Iron Fist book but his take on Nighthawk was utter garbage.

His apparent killing off of the character in such an off handed manner was equally garbage not to mention lazy as all frak.