Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Does the world really need Captain America in Marvel legacy ?

Honestly, after the events of Secret Empire and Generations: I want the affects of those events to remain in the minds of Steve Rogers, Sam Wilson and everyone else in the Marvel Universe. Even if things are reverted back to normal.

I mean honestly in the world we live in today, as Marvel is often described as our real world, do we really need a Captain America ?

Can we truly trust Steve Rogers with the Shield or with even trust him with a Superhero team again ?

I mean Steve made mistakes in the past via Galactic Storm, Civil War, his numerous times he gave up the Shield...still he may have bounced back, but sometimes those actions caused the deaths of others because of his choices.

I truly want Steve Rogers to see the negative consequences of his actions and maybe think that even if he's in the right, it will not end well for anyone else around him.

As fans of the character what do you think of this ?
    Last edited by Cmbmool; 07-28-2017 at 12:28 PM.

A symbol will always be needed whether it's Steve or someone else. Without someone to remind people about it or be a column of support everything collapses.

Steve is not really guilty he was changed (thank you Maria Hill) but yes made mistakes as many heroes. Even being manipulated ordinary people will not forget this so probably will abandon the shield for a while.

I do not know what marvel intends but maybe Legacy is just that a great arc of redemption for many heroes.

Steve Rogers fought Nazis back when Nazis were actually a scary army that looked like they might take over the world.

All this is just a fever dream created by Spencer and Alonso as far as I'm concerned. I can't separate the narrative from the meta, and frankly, I don't see why I should.

BANNED

"Did Marvel really need Daredevil after what he did in Shadowlands?" "Can people ever truly trust Spider-man after Doc Ock took over his body?"

Hydra Cap isn't Steve Rogers to me he's a creation of Kobik and thus not the real Steve and if real Steve returns he doesn't deserve to suffer for Hydra Cap's actions.

Yes, Steve Rodgers aka Captain America is needed for the Marvel Universe and will continue to be needed. Whats currently happening in the MU can not take away or replace years of dedicated service to his respective world.

Im glade that Marvel choose to include Steve in legacy and I hope the majority of fans are as well.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Hydra Cap isn't Steve Rogers to me he's a creation of Kobik and thus not the real Steve and if real Steve returns he doesn't deserve to suffer for Hydra Cap's actions.
    I posted this on a two threads earlier today on the black widow appreciation thread and the secret empire #7 discussion thread but I'm going to repost it here because I think a lot readers assumed that and still do in a way that secret empire's story will end with the cosmic cube fixing everything as if it never happened and that there wouldn't be consequences but they're so wrong.

Talking about the new post secret empire marvel legacy captain america series he'll be writing writer Mark Waid noted that “Steve is kind of tired of being the couch-surfer of the Marvel Universe, he’s never really had a place to call his own other than Avengers Mansion, This is him getting back in touch with Captain America, learning how people perceive Captain America in light of Secret Empire.

In response to a fan question about how Secret Empire impacts Marvel’s future, Waid noted that “there are definitely ramifications that we’re dealing with in Captain America and some other series You want these things to have a lasting impact on the series,” Spencer added. “There are a lot of heroes asking big questions… Not to mention some pretty catastrophic losses.

This was all asked during the recent sdcc 2017 secret empire panel.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ1107 View Post
    "Did Marvel really need Daredevil after what he did in Shadowlands?" "Can people ever truly trust Spider-man after Doc Ock took over his body?"
    Otto did some damage but nothing compared to dominating the country and installing a facist regime or destroying a city and killing civilians.

And Peter is not a symbol of the level of Captain America on the contrary many consider him a threat from his first years as Spiderman.
    Last edited by Knives; 07-28-2017 at 05:59 PM.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Otto did some damage but nothing compared to dominating the country and installing a facist regime or destroying a city and killing civilians.
    The sad thing is everything that led up to where Steve is now starting with pleasant hill to where we are now with secret empire #7 was forced upon him against his will and he's going to have to suffer the consequnces of his actions and make amends to the people he hurt and the people whose lives he ended and all the damage he has done...despite the fact that all of this wasn't ever meant to be, who he became and what he did was all forced upon him against his will he got corrupted and turned into something he wasn't ever meant to be... and that's the sad part.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 07-28-2017 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    The sad thing is everything that led up to where Steve is now starting with pleasant hill to where we are now with secret empire #7 was forced upon him against his will and he's going to have to suffer the consequnces of his actions and make amends to the people he hurt and the people whose lives he ended and all the damage he has done...despite the fact that all of this wasn't meant to be who he became and what he did was all forced upon him against his will he got corrupted and turned into something he wasn't and that's the sad part.
    Readers will forgive but citizens is another story that why was in favor of using the cosmic cube to erase it.

When Wanda lost control and the decimation of the mutants happened the citizens did not care because they were mutants but now an entire city was off the map along citizens. This is worse than the Secret Invasion, Osborn or World War Hulk.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DJ1107 View Post
    I would be happy if some Superheroes take a year off and just to not let story burn out the ideas out to modern writers. I mean if they can cancel titles like Fantastic Four and let every other title continue, then it could loose a big main title for quite a while. MCU or No MCU.

does Marvel need money?

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

I think it is a Beyond Silly Question to say can Anyone Truly Trust Steve Again, While still giving Secret Empire its due Credit in the parts where it has earned it;

HOW in By The Power of The Narrative, Holy Hell World is Any of this the Original Steve Roger's Fault?!

What I mean to say is how is Being Turned into HYDRA somehow Steve's failing or his weakness, he never asked for this or made a mistaken effort that even lead to this;

This was TRUSTED Upon him by a NAZI, a Bloodly Fully Blooded Nazi Commander The Red Skull to Change his Greatest Foe into his Greatest Puppet to make his goals easier.

Honestly I find it truly strange this is even a question in the 1st place?!

I am not attacking the premise of the thread or the poster or the whole of the questions, I am putting the WHOLE concept of this argument in the 1st place on the Stand of the Court for being Asked All Around by CBR Articles and Youtubers and Reviewers, How in the Holy Hell is this in any ways Steve Rogers(The Original, Not Stevil the Red Skull's Personal Ken Doll) Fault for being changed by an Cosmic Level Object?!

Yea the Citizens in the MU may have trouble believing that is one thing, but Anyone of the Heroes that Knows the Cube Truth, with a Sense of a Will to even Think after this will by only needed the level needed to Know how to Suck Air will know how much this is Not Steve's Fault, The Real Steve's Fault and the Fault of, Sadly AGAIN Maria Hill and Mostly the Red Skull.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    does Marvel need money?
    Given how Ike Premuttler is acting with the main company and the split with the TV and Movies in the MCU, I would say no.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

No one needs anything. How about ask if people want the character rather than need the character.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?