Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

BANNED

Rise and shine as you rise

If it ties into finally leaving Hamilton, that'll be one bit of plot progression maybe worth seeing. This patriotic vacation though should have only been one issue.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Oh man I was too hard on JMS/Roberson during GROUNDED. This is just as bad.

Superman's family has got to be the most boring group of individuals I've ever read about.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Superman's family has got to be the most boring group of individuals I've ever read about.
    Clark and Diana? Nah

Fantastic Member

As a Star Wars fan, I love the references. Jon pretending the RV is the Millennium Falcon is cute.

Even cuter is Lois preferring Leia's general title over her princess title. Very in character choice for her.

BANNED

This is boring for sure,I get that they are doing this for a reason,but come on throw in some weird **** on top of the history lesson

Hopefully the next arc hits with a bang. The title needs it after the weak ending to Black Dawn and this boring interlude.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Oh man I was too hard on JMS/Roberson during GROUNDED. This is just as bad.

I mean I agree this arc is boring and near Grounded levels of bad. But this is the exception and not the norm for the Super Family. They're usually in much better stories than this.

yeah, definitely gonna skip this one. Right now Action is taking the edge from Superman, just keeps getting better and better, imo. Looking forward to the arcs following this one though.
    Last edited by FishyZombie; 07-28-2017 at 05:20 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    I mean I agree this arc is boring and near Grounded levels of bad. But this is the exception and not the norm for the Super Family. They're usually in much better stories than this.

It's funny that we can all say that now,but remember when the opposite was always true lol

I loved this issue. Good to see the family get a break, and honestly all the US history is right up my alley since it's an interest of mine. So is preserving historical monuments. I REALLY enjoyed this one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    yeah, definitely gonna skip this one. Right now Action is taking the edge from Superman, just keeps getting better and better, imo. Looking forward to the arcs following this one though.
    When Rebirth began, I never would have thought this but now Action's been the better book since the Revenge arc.

This preview is not looking good.

BANNED

Its just a 2 issue interlude, we've got Sinestro & Anti-Matter universe and Game of Thrones on Apokolips with Lex immediately after. Comparing it with Grounded is ridiculous.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Preview's not really grabbing my attention like I'd hoped.

But one highlight I do take away from this is the reaffirmation of Jon's love of all things space and aeronautics. That's a character trait that I deeply enjoy about the kid, and I'm glad it isn't forgotten.

I hope the team doesn't miss out on the easy lay-up symbolism between Jon's budding power of flight/space-faring capabilities and his love for aeronautics/space. That's grounds for Superman and Superboy taking a camping trip in space (no actual reason this shouldn't happen). Or Clark and Lois regaling Jon with past adventures where the two (along with uncle Jim) went to space or had run ins with aliens. That way you get a classic pre-marriage Superman and Lois (and Jimmy) adventure that's being told to Jon. There's a lot of ways to take this. I just hope the team is keeping that in mind.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 07-28-2017 at 11:05 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.