Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Its just a 2 issue interlude, we've got Sinestro & Anti-Matter universe and Game of Thrones on Apokolips with Lex immediately after. Comparing it with Grounded is ridiculous.
    In internet culture, the worst is merely not the best. Look out there and you'll see far more 1 and 10 star reviews than logic can really uphold. For Superman, the existence of Grounded creates that vivid 1 star reference.

I hope they'll be moving to metropolis here, but that won't be the end of the slice of life stories they seem to enjoy telling. Unfortunately, that means every other storyline is going to be called "Grounded," the story so bad its own writer left. Or "worse than Grounded, " as in worse than a long story only assuaged by a total reboot.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    In internet culture, the worst is merely not the best. Look out there and you'll see far more 1 and 10 star reviews than logic can really uphold. For Superman, the existence of Grounded creates that vivid 1 star reference.

I hope they'll be moving to metropolis here, but that won't be the end of the slice of life stories they seem to enjoy telling. Unfortunately, that means every other storyline is going to be called "Grounded," the story so bad its own writer left. Or "worse than Grounded, " as in worse than a long story only assuaged by a total reboot.
    Exactly they're just taking a breather before they move on to the next major story,sheesh.

Extraordinary Member

Its just a 2 issue interlude, we've got Sinestro & Anti-Matter universe and Game of Thrones on Apokolips with Lex immediately after. Comparing it with Grounded is ridiculous.
    Yeah, I agree. I even liked last issue. This is just a cute little interlude between stories.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Yeah, I agree. I even liked last issue. This is just a cute little interlude between stories.
    I found it boring but put some jeans on this Clark and get rid of both Lois & Jon and next thing you know the same detractors will be calling him a man of the people.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    hope they'll be moving to metropolis here, but that won't be the end of the slice of life stories they seem to enjoy telling. Unfortunately, that means every other storyline is going to be called "Grounded," the story so bad its own writer left. Or "worse than Grounded, " as in worse than a long story only assuaged by a total reboot.
    Well that's not true. I don't think the issue some people have with this arc is that it's a slice of life story. In fact issue #7, the biggest slice of life story, is pretty unanimously regarded as the best this team has ever been on Superman. The issue is how they've gone about addressing and exploring this particular subject matter.

But calling it "Grounded" is inappropriate for a number of reasons, I feel.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Oh I'm cool with slice of life stories as long as they're also fun. Comics can be both things. Last issue was not and we'll see about this one. That's the breadth of my disappointment, not gonna exaggerate and call it Grounded.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Unless that Superman start to spoke nonsense, about how "over there" has to deal with his own problems,, i'm not seeing the comparison with Grounded. The biggest sin of this arc, is just being kind of boring.

Extraordinary Member

I found it boring but put some jeans on this Clark and get rid of both Lois & Jon and next thing you know the same detractors will be calling him a man of the people.
    Unfortunately this would seem to be true.

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Oh man I was too hard on JMS/Roberson during GROUNDED. This is just as bad.

Superman's family has got to be the most boring group of individuals I've ever read about.
    At least Roberson's run on Grounded was actually fun to read for the most part and I didnt think the last issue was as bad as some people are making it out to be.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Unfortunately this would seem to be true.
    Nah. Getting rid of Lois and Jon would not make this particular story any more interesting nor any less boring. Its a discredit to always fall back on the now beyond tedious assumption that any single issue out of Rebirth that one may not like is based on the fact that he's married with a kid and is not the New 52 guy anymore.

Put him in a t-shirt and jeans as a single younger guy in this exact same situation? I'd still be bored. Really if there's any incentive to rag on these issues more than warranted, its probably the fact that the book's quality has been so high, so the bar has been set higher.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-30-2017 at 12:36 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El