Default "X" should've died...

Marvel has killed so many of our favorite mutants. But, do you think they always killed them at the appropriate time. Pick a currently or formerly deceased (I had to laugh as I typed that) mutant and explain WHEN they SHOULD have died and why.

Cyclops should've died at the end of "AvX." I felt like this would have saved us all those years of shitty stories, unjustified Cyclops hate and this would've been a more fitting end to "Avengers Vs. X-Men." If he had died then, he could've been reunited with Jean in The White Hot Room. I'm assuming as he WAS a host of the FULL power of The Phoenix he would be granted admission to The White Hot Room. This could possibly give us some beautiful one shots of the Scott and Jean reunited and should Marvel want to bring him back there's always the connection the The Phoenix.

Incredible Member Victorian_Soul's Avatar

While I do think Scott dieing at the end of AvX would save us all from the collosal horse sh*t they've called stories with him. I don't think for a second he would be in the White Hot Room (something that should only be reserved for Jean and her family) nor be reunited with his wife he cheated on. It would just be cheep and a disservice to Jean and her fans.

Also the o5 should die since the timeline has been fixed they aren't even the real o5 no more.
    Last edited by Victorian_Soul; 07-28-2017 at 07:45 PM.

Rogue should die. I don't dislike her, but killing her off could be used to eventually reset the character back to a more popular version or some combination of popular versions, like she can touch people, says "sugah" a whole bunch, and is a lot more stand offish with everyone.

Same with Beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Victorian_Soul View Post
    While I do think Scott dieing at the end of AvX would save us all from the collosal horse sh*t they've called stories with him. I don't think for a second he would be in the White Hot Room (something that should only be reserved for Jean and her family) nor be reunited with his wife he cheated on. It would just be cheep and a disservice to Jean and her fans.
    Don't all Phoenix hosts go there after death? Or was there something "unnatural" about the way he acquired the Phoenix?

Quote Originally Posted by Victorian_Soul View Post
    Can False Hosts also go to White Room?

Havok should have died at the end of the fight against the Brothers Apocalypse would have preserved the character of many bad stories.

The same about Xavier dying during the battle against Onslaught would have saved the character from becoming a hypocrite.
    Last edited by Knives; 07-28-2017 at 07:47 PM.

BANNED

Warren should have died at the end of Remender's Dark Angel Saga. There's nothing else to do with the Angel/Archangel dynamic, but almost every writer will go back to it no matter what. DAS would have been a perfect send off.

Incredible Member Victorian_Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    Don't all Phoenix hosts go there after death? Or was there something "unnatural" about the way he acquired the Phoenix?
    No the only Phoenix host that went there was Jean and it was exolaine by her being the oerde host and becoming the Phoenix herself. Also she's been told the Phoenix was her's to require by birth right and her kids shall inherit it as well.

Also the Phoenix split apart and went into making the Phoenix 5. Nothing about was natural.