MgeBlyn

Default Stjepan 各jić's work stopped ?

I think I'm a few years late
    anyways big fan of Stjepan 各jić's work here
    but why did his work just stopped
    I just finished Death Vigil and Switch ! it was awesome
    Can't wait to read more !

Astonishing Member

Sejic is over at DC at the moment. He is the new regular artist on Aquaman. He started at issue 25. He also just did an issue of Suicide Squad. If you loved his creator owned stuff, his art is just as gorgeous on the books i just mentioned. Especially Aquaman.

Invincible Member

He's on Aquaman now which I just started reading just cuz he's doing the art.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

He has taken a break from his creator owned comic, Mercy (sequel to Sunstone), until a bit later this year as he felt he needed to recharge his creative batteries for the series - which he writes as well as draws. Death Vigil apparently didn't sell all that well when it first came out but there has been enough interest that he's apparently also taking a crack at volume 2 later on in the year.

I'm a huge fan as well so furtunately we do have his DC stuff to keep us going until he gets back into the swing of things with his creator owned stuff.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Amazing Member

You ever read his Aphrodite series with Matt Hawkins? The story is mind-blowing. The first volume was amazing. The artwork was incredible. The second volume he did, and further work on the title was awful. It looks like all unfinished. Look how this is done I can't believe someone like him with his talents would even put this out. Thanks to God people in DC have standards and he's gotta finish the art, or we'd have messes like this. I'm not knocking him, cause I love his stuff. But when you're a revered artist that everyone loves who popped outta Witchblade with such a high-standard.

Look at Aphrodite's belt, hand, gun and stuff.

Sample 1.jpg

Now look at all of these panels, it's all scribbled.

Sample 2.jpg
    Last edited by capuga; 08-09-2017 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Toned down criticism directed at creator

Stjepan posts on these forums. Maybe send him a pm. Im sure he'd love to address your friendly and well meaning critiques.
    Last edited by capuga; 08-09-2017 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Removed quoted post that was edited.

Amazing Member

I know, and I'll do that. Cause there's no excuse for bad artwork coming from a guy who's normally beastly.

Let's keep the discussion/criticisms of creators constructive and courteous. Deleted posts or bans will follow for any breaking of forum rules on courtesy.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
    I know, and I'll do that. Cause there's no excuse for bad artwork coming from a guy who's normally beastly.
    health issues and a family crisis at the time plus this specific thing was done under a ridiculously sudden deadline as i remember.
    . nobody is immune to that.

my work always had high points and low points.

trust me you can't criticize my work remotely closely to the level of self loathing i feel for it XD

here is all i can promise. there will be amazing moments and there will be utter shit in my future as well. such is the way of this job. sometimes things work out well at other times they don't. hell, sometimes your hard to obtain tablet dies and you lose a week of work making you prioritize speed over quality to meet a deadline.

it's a weird line of work.

as for other questions here, this autumn i am continuing my work on several projects, mercy, death vigil 2 and last issues of switch as i intend to wrap up the arc

http://nebezial.deviantart.com/art/v...that-682112775

http://nebezial.deviantart.com/art/i...this-681914702
    Last edited by nebezial; 08-10-2017 at 12:12 PM.

Amazing Member

Thanks for clearing that up for me, Sejic. I'm not knocking you in the least. I personally think you're a fucking beast when it comes to artwork. No one could touch you on a good day. But you're right. And I agree on that 100%. Not everyone can produce stellar artwork, consistently, we already knew that from Rob Liefeld. But I still love his works. Cause although we're in the 2000's, he's still drawing like it's 1989. And Frank Miller, his DK3 is horrible on his artwork pieces. I'd say DK2 was completely awful. Nothing like the first part. But, then again, Miller's like 1,000 years old. And smoked his life away and pretty much resembles a zombie. His best and greatest work will forever be Daredevil, everything else is sub-par compared to that. Though, I wanna know something. Are you doing the new Aphrodite series with Matt Hawkins, or is it an entirely different team? And besides Sunstone, which I might ad, was pretty great. Are you going to start putting out more HC's of your works? Cause, me, I love hardcovers, and I'd easily say your stuff is amazing enough to be collected in deluxe editions and presented on shelves elegantly instead of shitty trades lol.

Spectacular Member

no worries. those who have had experiences with me know by now i never take comments like these as a bad thing. i know it's coming from a good place.

no plans for more aphrodite due to my scheduling being packed, as for hardcovers, if by sheer luck death vigil arc 2 is not a complete financial disaster and merits the third, and final arc, i would love seeing those 3 arcs bound in one glorious hardcover.

Amazing Member

Damn right, bro. You're one of the best artists out there right now. And, I love you man, that's awesome. I'm gonna be totally looking forward to that HC! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
    You ever read his Aphrodite series with Matt Hawkins? The story is mind-blowing. The first volume was amazing. The artwork was incredible. The second volume he did, and further work on the title was awful. It looks like all unfinished. Look how this is done I can't believe someone like him with his talents would even put this out. Thanks to God people in DC have standards and he's gotta finish the art, or we'd have messes like this. I'm not knocking him, cause I love his stuff. But when you're a revered artist that everyone loves who popped outta Witchblade with such a high-standard.

Look at Aphrodite's belt, hand, gun and stuff.

Sample 1.jpg

Now look at all of these panels, it's all scribbled.

Sample 2.jpg
    Bolded is one of the funniest things I've read on this site in a while.

Very happy to see Death Vigil is continuing.