Default A strange idea for how DC could bring back the JSA under Rebirth ...

We've seen Johnny Thunder tell Wally West how he (Johnny) wished his Thunderbolt would get the JSA members away from the Senate HUAC hearing, and nobody remembers they existed since that point in time.

A weird idea for where they went (and how to get them back) would borrow from 1972's Justice League of America run by Len Wein, and the story from issues #100-102. In that year's annual JLA/JSA team-up, the assembled heroes went in search for the missing members of The Seven Soldiers of Victory.

What happened to this group who had also been known as The Law's Legionnaires?

Turns out the members of the group had found a way to defeat the Nebula-Man, but it resulted in the death of one of them. The remaining members were removed from the (then) present-day time and cast back to various points in the past, plus the world they had lived on quickly forgot their existence.

Now, I doubt DC would do this, but it might be cool if when Thunderbolt spirited the members of the JSA away from that hearing, Thunderbolt and the other JSA members were removed from time and memory by Dr. Manhattan, cast off to be stranded by Dr. Manhattan at various points in the past. (Jay Garrick's appearance in "The Button" crossover could then be a failed attempt by Jay to break free from wherever/whenever Dr. Manhattan had trapped him.)

Like I said, it was just a thought.

That's a great idea! I don't understand why we have to wait for the flipping Doomsday clock before we get to see these beloved characters again.

I like the idea. It covers the basic needs and also goes back to a fairly classic DC Silver Age story. Of course details on when this happened and how old the JSA was when it happened need to be detailed, but as an elevator pitch, it's excellent.

a man who created images dr-brainwave's Avatar

I like the idea but i doubt DC would do that.

Quote Originally Posted by dr-brainwave View Post
    I like the idea but i doubt DC would do that.
    I doubt they would, too.
    But the synergy with the JSA's past adventures sort of makes it appealing to me, and it could explain a few things that we still don't know yet.

And if anybody wanted to argue that the Golden Age Hawkman would have been among those characters disappearing from the HUAC hearing, so he shouldn't be starting to show up in the Batman Metal books, I've even figured out an explanation for that: Hawkman was transported back into the past, where he and a version of Chay-Ara met, became heroes, and were killed by a version of Hath-Set back then.
    The version of Hawkman and Hawkgirl/woman now appearing in the Metal books could be their latest reincarnations.