Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Do you see DC bringing back Bart and Kon or sticking with NuWally and Jon?

Kon and Bart are two well established but badly written characters that suffered(probably the most)from the new 52,and with both new Kid flash and Superboy do you put them to rest and let the new Gen take over or do you bring them back?

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    Kon and Bart are two well established but badly written characters that suffered(probably the most)from the new 52,and with both new Kid flash and Superboy do you put them to rest and let the new Gen take over or do you bring them back?
    Personal bias...move on.

BANNED

Short Answer: Yes.

Long Answer: F**K YES! Kon and Bart, as written before Johns got his hands on them, are two of DC's greatest characters.

Even Longer Answer: Kon and Bart, along with Tim and Cassie, have been forced to suffer through bad writers for a long time, but they're still terrific characters who shouldn't be pushed aside. I don't outright hate either Jon or NuWally, and have no desire to seem them killed or anything, but they shouldn't stand in the way of DC bringing back Bart and Kon.

ADDENDUM: At this point in time, the idea of "The next generation taking over" is ridiculous. It's somehow okay for the first three generations and the newest generation to all hang around, but NOT the 90's generation? That makes no sense, and that logic is completely driven by personal bias.
    Last edited by Assam; 07-29-2017 at 05:38 AM.

Bart definitely! He was a great addition to the Flash family in the 90s. Personally, I even enjoyed his short lived Flash title as well. I have no opinion on Kon as I have never been much of a superman, boy, whatever reader.

I completely agree with the comments above as well, the 90s generation heroes should not be getting the shaft. They have a role in the DC universe and they deserve to be a part of it.

Fantastic Member

Only if they bring back the original characterizations of these characters, not Geoff Johns's Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member

Honestly, I don't see why all four of them couldn't coexist with each other. Kon and Bart are so radically different from Jon and NuWally that it'd be kind of ridiculous to think that they'd compete with one another. If you're worried about balancing screen time, then just relaunch Young Justice with the former in lead roles.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Honestly, I don't see why all four of them couldn't coexist with each other. Kon and Bart are so radically different from Jon and NuWally that it'd be kind of ridiculous to think that they'd compete with one another. If you're worried about balancing screen time, then just relaunch Young Justice with the former in lead roles.
    Some folks don't like competition.

Because they want you to like or worship who they want you to like or worship. No longer the case of let the REAL fans decided. It's let take away choices.

Common sense says all four along with other ruined teens and heroes can exist together. But when folsk in charge and even selfish fans don't want that you get the wars of fanbase that you are seeing now.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

There is always a chance that they may be able to have all four around at once and have it be good. But honestly, look how they're struggling with having Wally and NuWally around at the same time (and that's not even getting into how some feel about Barry being around). I can't imagine throwing Bart into the mix will help things with the current creative minds we have, plus they evidently just don't have a story in mind anyway, so why force it?

I'm not particularly attached to either character so I don't feel like we're missing anything with them not being around, though obviously their fans will not feel the same way. But not every character needs to be around all the time.

BANNED

The universe is big enough for all four of them.

Just remember to be careful what you wish for . . . especially considering how much everyone seems to love what they've done with red-headed Wally West since Rebirth.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    There is always a chance that they may be able to have all four around at once and have it be good. But honestly, look how they're struggling with having Wally and NuWally around at the same time (and that's not even getting into how some feel about Barry being around). I can't imagine throwing Bart into the mix will help things with the current creative minds we have, plus they evidently just don't have a story in mind anyway, so why force it?

I'm not particularly attached to either character so I don't feel like we're missing anything with them not being around, though obviously their fans will not feel the same way. But not every character needs to be around all the time.
    Something about this post triggered me. Been meaning to add the now added quote to my signature for awhile, and this made me feel the need to just do it. I really wish everyone could take the lesson from Doctor Thirteen: Architecture and Morality to heart: No matter what you think of them, every character deserves to exist.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

There's 2 Kid Flashes already, so no Bart but there's no reason why Kon couldn't come back.

In fact, maybe he can star in a book that is actually readable so we can have a semi solid Superman title.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

I think DC intends to put all these characters into play; I don't know *how* DC is going to do it, though.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    There's 2 Kid Flashes already
    Where exactly is there a Kid Flash currently besides NuWally?

Besides, Bart was best as Impulse and that's how he should come back.
    Last edited by Assam; 07-29-2017 at 08:31 AM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Something about this post triggered me. Been meaning to add the now added quote to my signature for awhile, and this made me feel the need to just do it. I really wish everyone could take the lesson from Doctor Thirteen: Architecture and Morality to heart: No matter what you think of them, every character deserves to exist.
    If they exist and nothing really interesting is being done with them, is it always worth it? Look at Wally.

Not every character has a story that needs to be told at all times. Sometimes it's better to let characters stay in limbo than be used poorly or let another era have it's time. Maybe they will come back and maybe they won't. You still have the stories of theirs that you enjoy, those can never cease existing.