Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

After years of ****, and with new characters coming in, can these characters really afford to go back to the basics. Thats not exciting or enticing.
    Plus they can't really go back to basics anyway, so instead what we end up really getting is poor imitations of the basics. Which we have seen time and time again.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-04-2017 at 01:59 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Thats not exciting or enticing.
    I don't know what you think of these characters, but I know plenty of us would be very excited for that, seeing as how its been so long since we got to see the versions of these characters we fell in love with. And people who never really knew the characters back then would get to enjoy their unique flavors of greatness for the first time.

Plus they can't really go back to basics anyway
    Rebirth has basically been a cheat code for changing anything they want without changing other things. There's nothing making it impossible.

so instead what we end up really getting is poor imitations of the basics. Which we have seen time and time again.
    No we haven't. The versions of the characters we've seen for a decade+ are not imitations of the originals, but characters with the same names who don't actually have anything in common with the real ones, written by people who missed the point of the characters entirely.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    There's a reason people love Lego DC animation...the characters are fun and still recognizable. Take note, DC.
    I won't buy Batman anything,
    Love Lego Bats.
    Sorely want a Flash Lego movie.
    The only way Michael Cera is a great Dick Grayson and Robin. Who could have guessed?

We are seeing it right now with Rebirth. With books like Titans and 'Tec. Time travel is impossible. It's 2017. Times are different, DCs universe is different.

Though really, how do they go back to basics with Conner? Throw him back into his old Superboy costume. Except they already have a new Superboy. Though I guess they can go the Tim route and just put 2 S's on his chest and call him Scarlet Superboy. I mean thats been cool, not. Or maybe they go the Cass Cain route and try to pull something random out of their butt to call him, but have him still look sorta how he looked before, so they can retell us how he's a clone of Superman. That reveal will blow some minds.
    At the end of the day the basics are the basics. Sure it's better then **** or limbo, but it's still, well, the basics. We all have characters where they punished us into wishing they would just go back to better days, but it's hardly an ideal or exciting position.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-04-2017 at 03:30 AM.

BANNED

We are seeing it right now with Rebirth. With books like Titans and 'Tec. Time travel is impossible. It's 2017. Times are different, DCs universe is different.

Though really, how do they go back to basics with Conner? Throw him back into his old Superboy costume. Except they already have a new Superboy. Though I guess they can go the Tim route and just put 2 S's on his chest and call him Scarlet Superboy. I mean thats been cool, not. Or maybe they go the Cass Cain route and try to pull something random out of their butt to call him, but have him still look sorta how he looked before, so they can retell us how he's a clone of Superman. That twist will blow some minds.
    At the end of the day the basics are the basics. Sure it's better then **** or limbo, but it's still, well, the basics. We all have characters where they punished us into wishing they would just go back to better days, but it's hardly an ideal or exciting position.
    And I'm not saying I want them to go back to basics and stay there forever and ever. Just that getting them back there would set up the best foundation for further growth. You say something new and "exciting" needs to be done? That's what they've tried the last two times the group was re-launched, and they didn't work because they completely abandoned the roots of the characters. Throw them back into the fray without their roots planted again, and disaster will strike once more.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    And I'm not saying I want them to go back to basics and stay there forever and ever. Just that getting them back there would set up the best foundation for further growth. You say something new and "exciting" needs to be done? That's what they've tried the last two times the group was re-launched, and they didn't work because they completely abandoned the roots of the characters. Throw them back into the fray without their roots planted again, and disaster will strike once more.
    I get the idea, and in theory it's sound. This is more or less what they did with Babs by making her Batgirl agian. The problem for Conner though is the same problem they had with Tim. Jon isn't going anywhere. I don't disagree that he needs a foundation but they can't just go back to basics with him. Like they couldn't with Tim or Cass. He needs a new foundation, one built by quality workers, if they try to go back to basics when everything is different now it's just gonna be one compromise after another.

And no, this is not what they tried the last two times the group was relaunched. They took same group that had more or less been at the center of the Teen Titans for the past 7 or so years and tried to resell them as a new Teen Titans. Not once but twice. Despite how continually shitty they were as Teen Titans. There was nothing new or exciting about those relaunches. Just more of the same.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-04-2017 at 04:46 AM.

BANNED

I don't want any backward movement for kon,but I would like his full history,past personality,and past powersets to be part of who he is going forward.

I remember when goeff threw in a few panels of kons old Hawaii villains in adventure comics and me and others thinking that was a huge wonderful thing,even though it should.have been just another panel to us,but because Geoff cut off kons past from him,it seemed big.

Kon should be 19 to 20,he should.have anew level of competence,he should still have a fiery attitude and talk ****.like no other,he should.have a 50/50 TTK/YJ show powers,he should be a hero who never stops,he should always be there for his friends,and he should have his entire history back from adventures of Superman 500,the original series,Ravers,YJ,TT,adventure comics,lemires run,and everything in between,there should be a depth to his character history and personality wise.